06-03-2015 11:25 AM
43 12
tools
    I Have had the Note 4 since last November. It runs perfectly smooth on KitKat 4.4.4 (of course glitches happen in different apps on all phones from time to time) just as I think people have issues with apps that were not optimized/ready for Lollipop.

I do have the Lollipop update waiting on my phone to be installed and I have been deferring it for over 3 weeks now, as I just don't want it just yet or perhaps at all! I like a lot of features I have heard it changed or took away...... I have heard others say that eventually it will just install after so many rejections, but I am hoping that does not happen!

I absolutely LOVE my Note 4!
    06-01-2015 07:49 PM
    In my case I'm actually experiencing the problems first hand. I've generated more bug reports in the past few months of Lollipop than I have with the 1 year I had with my Note 3. I'm holding out for the update that's supposed to fix the memory leak in hopes that it'll help stabilize the entire phone.
    Yes, some people are experiencing issues, it just isn't the majority of people. I also see more complaints on Verizon Note 4's than any other.

In a format like this, you are mainly going to see the people experiencing problems. Also while some problems are actual known issues, many problems are solved with a cache wipe or a reset.
    06-01-2015 07:50 PM
    I Have had the Note 4 since last November. It runs perfectly smooth on KitKat 4.4.4 (of course glitches happen in different apps on all phones from time to time) just as I think people have issues with apps that were not optimized/ready for Lollipop.

I do have the Lollipop update waiting on my phone to be installed and I have been deferring it for over 3 weeks now, as I just don't want it just yet or perhaps at all! I like a lot of features I have heard it changed or took away...... I have heard others say that eventually it will just install after so many rejections, but I am hoping that does not happen!

I absolutely LOVE my Note 4!
    Most will go ahead and eventually install. Sprint is the only one I've seen that has been able to turn off the updater.

My phone runs better on Lollipop than it did on KitKat.
    06-01-2015 07:51 PM
    Best phone and OS (5.0.1)I have ever had. Mine operates more seamlessly as any electronic product I've ever owned. It's also a powerhouse. I have a note edge.
    06-01-2015 08:25 PM
    I generally do not have battery issues with my Note 4 (VZW, Lollipop) except when updating apps. For whatever reason, that activity burns through battery like nothing else.

Other app usage, including GPS golf application (SkyDroid), doesn't create an issue for me. I can finish 18 holes and use no more than 30% battery, which is outstanding.
    06-01-2015 08:26 PM
    In my case I'm actually experiencing the problems first hand. I've generated more bug reports in the past few months of Lollipop than I have with the 1 year I had with my Note 3. I'm holding out for the update that's supposed to fix the memory leak in hopes that it'll help stabilize the entire phone.
    Can you please provide a link for the Note 4 Lollipop Memory Leak? Saw a few generic references for ("Note 4 Lollipop memory leak") pointing to Android 5.0 and memory leak, but not one for Note 4 and Lollipop. I'm on Verizon with 5.0.1 if that helps to narrow it down.
    06-01-2015 09:30 PM
    Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and picked up a Note 4 (posting from it now). Obviously I'm still learning how to use it but so far I like it. My not-so-young eyes and not-so-small fingers are really liking the large screen.

I'm not crazy about the UI, though. I'm not sure if it's because of TouchWiz or Lollipop, but the whole thing looks like a cartoon, which kinda detracts from the whole tool-vs-toy idea.

Battery life treated me well today. It wasn't a heavy day, but I'm at 2:45 screen-on time and I've got 55% battery remaining. That's a step back from my Razr Maxx HD, but it'll probably work for me.

I did step outside in the bright sun today and wow, the screen auto brightened and was quite easy to read, WAY better than my previous phones.

So far no OS lockups, but I've had a couple apps misbehave (most notably Firefox).

Time will tell if I stick with it. 2 colleagues at work just got LG G4s so I'll be keeping an eye on those, too.

Thanks for all the advice.

-- Rob
    Trees likes this.
    06-01-2015 10:18 PM
    My Note4 is Flawless
    06-02-2015 06:14 AM
    And I went from a Note3 to Note 4. Great phones!!!

Def to Note4
    06-02-2015 06:15 AM
    Can you please provide a link for the Note 4 Lollipop Memory Leak? Saw a few generic references for ("Note 4 Lollipop memory leak") pointing to Android 5.0 and memory leak, but not one for Note 4 and Lollipop. I'm on Verizon with 5.0.1 if that helps to narrow it down.
    Note 4 Lollipop Memory Leak

The articles above mention that there are fixes but I haven't attempted to test those fixes as I would prefer a fix directly from Google. I'm also on Verizon and I've seen instances of the leak when running apps. What I find most annoying is the slight hiccup I see when I've closed something out and the device stumbles in an attempt to close out what I've already apparently closed out of.
    06-02-2015 06:25 AM
    Nice, haven't seen that auto Google search site before. The search string is the same one that I used for a manual Google search. I'll watch my Note 4 more carefully to see if I can perceive anything like a leak.
    06-02-2015 07:24 AM
    Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and picked up a Note 4 (posting from it now). Obviously I'm still learning how to use it but so far I like it. My not-so-young eyes and not-so-small fingers are really liking the large screen.

I'm not crazy about the UI, though. I'm not sure if it's because of TouchWiz or Lollipop, but the whole thing looks like a cartoon, which kinda detracts from the whole tool-vs-toy idea.

Battery life treated me well today. It wasn't a heavy day, but I'm at 2:45 screen-on time and I've got 55% battery remaining. That's a step back from my Razr Maxx HD, but it'll probably work for me.

I did step outside in the bright sun today and wow, the screen auto brightened and was quite easy to read, WAY better than my previous phones.

So far no OS lockups, but I've had a couple apps misbehave (most notably Firefox).

Time will tell if I stick with it. 2 colleagues at work just got LG G4s so I'll be keeping an eye on those, too.

Thanks for all the advice.

-- Rob
    Glad you are enjoying the Note 4. I put Nova Launcher on all my phones. I'm not a fan of TouchWiz either. Some prefer Google Launcher too. Check both out. Either one is better than TouchWiz.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-02-2015 07:34 AM
    Nice, haven't seen that auto Google search site before. The search string is the same one that I used for a manual Google search. I'll watch my Note 4 more carefully to see if I can perceive anything like a leak.
    haha, really? I like "LMGTFY" as it's a sarcastic way of directing someone to Google Searches (I'm guessing you didn't see the box that says, "Now was that so hard?" :P )

I'm still convinced that there are better phones out there than the Note 4. I'd recommend the S6 and the HTC One M9 at this point.
    06-02-2015 06:35 PM
    haha, really? I like "LMGTFY" as it's a sarcastic way of directing someone to Google Searches (I'm guessing you didn't see the box that says, "Now was that so hard?" :P )

I'm still convinced that there are better phones out there than the Note 4. I'd recommend the S6 and the HTC One M9 at this point.
    Just a reminder, telling people to go search is frowned upon. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond.

I get where you're going with it, but it is looked as as more akin to trolling than productive help.
    06-02-2015 09:53 PM
    Just a reminder, telling people to go search is frowned upon. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond.

I get where you're going with it, but it is looked as as more akin to trolling than productive help.
    Technically, I provided the search for them, as he pointed out, he saw it "auto-populate". But while we're discussing this, wouldn't directing someone to a forum rule be comparable to my post? If anything, at least my post was topical, and thanked by the poster, whereas I don't suspect many "Do a search man!" posts would be thanked.
    06-03-2015 06:02 AM
    Technically, I provided the search for them
    The point is, it's rude, and borderline insulting. And to a degree, you have said so yourself:
    I like "LMGTFY" as it's a sarcastic way of directing someone to Google Searches
    I agree that this sort of reply is against the rules as well.

If you have any issues with a ruling, please contact the Moderator in question via a PM.
    06-03-2015 09:53 AM
    Technically, I provided the search for them, as he pointed out, he saw it "auto-populate". But while we're discussing this, wouldn't directing someone to a forum rule be comparable to my post? If anything, at least my post was topical, and thanked by the poster, whereas I don't suspect many "Do a search man!" posts would be thanked.
    I didn't tell you to go search the rules, I linked them and quoted the applicable portion that you violated. If you read the link, you'd probably also notice the admonitions against trolling, complaining about moderator practices as well as taking threads off topic. Golfdriver97 is right, if you have any other questions/comments/concerns, feel free to send any of us a PM about it.
    06-03-2015 10:52 AM
    I still love my Note 4. Upgraded in May. I have had the complete Note series. I am sorry though, I am not happy with Lollipop. Issues I do have were not a problem until the update. I live with it and hope there is a patch released soon. It hasn't affected battery life. Its still great. But it will freeze up. It will crash when I am in the process of doing something. I am rather techy and have done steps trying to correct the problem. But it is the update. Verizon admits it as well specificto the Note 4

Posted via the Android Central App
    I suspect the problems some users face might be due to their carrier, I have sprint and no issues in orlando.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 11:25 AM
43 12