I'm pretty sure this will be my next phone. Seems to be getting rave reviews here.
    Wondered your experiences with the fingerprint scanner and the IR blaster.
    I use the IR blaster on my S4 for our remotes and it's awesome.
    I hope the fingerprint scanner works good for you guys as it looks like it'd be much handier than any other lock method.
    Thanks.
    05-31-2015 06:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure this will be my next phone. Seems to be getting rave reviews here.
    I hope the fingerprint scanner works good for you guys as it looks like it'd be much handier than any other lock method.
    Thanks.
    I've no experience (yet) with the IR.B, but have very briefly tried the fingerprint scanner. Personally, I did not care for it since it took a bit of "practice" to get my SGN.IV to unlock. Sometimes it would work and most times it took a bit more scanning passes to work. So for me and my uses, it's simply faster to input the 4-Digit PIN (not swipe) to unlock. I've now disabled the fingerprint scanner.

That's all for now.
    05-31-2015 06:09 PM
    I use both daily. The IR blaster works great with my TV and U-Verse DVR box. I also use the fingerprint scanner. It is not as good as the iPhone, but it works about 80% of the time for me. I wasn't sure that I could live with having to swipe my thumb/finger, but I have grown use to it and it works 8/10 times on the first try. That may not be true for you as it seems some people don't have the same success rate.
    05-31-2015 06:39 PM
    i dont ever have issues with the fingerprint scanner unless my hands are wet. thats the absolute only time
    05-31-2015 07:07 PM
    The ir blaster is awesome. Use it for my TV and my apple tv
    05-31-2015 08:48 PM
    I'm convinced! I've already told my local phone guy at the VZW store, that on 6/16 I'm coming in for a Note 4. He said he has had LOTS of people coming in now for the 4 due to the speculation that the 5 will have a non-removable back and no external storage.
    Hope there a 4 left for me.
    ohbreeeezy likes this.
    05-31-2015 10:32 PM
    Thanks.
    I use the Smart Remote app for my TV but not all the functions work. I can't adjust the volume. I have to use the app made just for my TV to do that but it works over WiFi and not through the IR blaster.

I never did get the fingerprint scanner to work correctly. I tried it for a day and gave up.
    06-01-2015 03:14 AM
    Smart remote is so useful and always works like a charm! The finger print scanner works great as well 9/10 times and that's only because you have to press your finger firmly and directly. Its not like an iPhone where you just expect it to work but it's not bad by any means. My only issue with the scanner is due to the sheer size of the phone. I have to use both hands to hold it and that gets annoying when you just want to quickly unlock your phone or if your holding something in your other hand. I stopped using it for this very reason even though it works.
    06-01-2015 03:58 AM
    I use the Smart Remote app for my TV but not all the functions work. I can't adjust the volume. I have to use the app made just for my TV to do that but it works over WiFi and not through the IR blaster.

I never did get the fingerprint scanner to work correctly. I tried it for a day and gave up.
    I'm just curious what brand the TV is? Seems odd that it won't control the volume. Sounds like you have a solution but it should work. I have only tried Samsung and Panasonic so far though.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-01-2015 08:09 AM
    I'm just curious what brand the TV is? Seems odd that it won't control the volume. Sounds like you have a solution but it should work. I have only tried Samsung and Panasonic so far though.

Sent from my Note 4
    I didn't want to reply till I did some more testing with the smart remote app. When I set up the app with my TV, I set it up using the very first choice that it offered that turned on my TV. That choice didn't adjust the volume.

Just now, I reset the app and tried the second choice, still didn't work with the volume. I tried the third choice and this one worked with all settings so now I am happy.

The TV is a HiSense smart TV.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:56 AM