Volume Key function change/block?

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I no sooner than posted the following, then found what's happening, when the volume keys get pressed in my pocket it changes my sound profile, anyway to alter their function so they don't change the sound profile? I found one app that repurposes them, but then they have double function, they do what it's set to AND still change the ringer profile. I can't find anything in settings to stop this function?

Found, it's the volume keys :Sometimes I'll have my phone on vibrate, but no vibration... I look and it's set to mute, or sometimes it's set to ring, I thought I was bumping the icon in the quick select menu. So, after this happening for a long time I removed that icon from quick select and put a sound widget on a screen far to the right so I'd have to scroll to it and change it on purpose. But, it's still doing it. So for some reason, randomly, it changes my sound profile. Any thoughts? Anyone else have this?

Last edited:

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Bummer, hoping someone ran across an app that can stop the volume keys from changing the sound profile, or re-purpose them