07-18-2015 04:50 PM
75 123
tools
    I just hope it as good as what the tab s 8.4 just got. That tablet just got new life with that update it's so smooth now. And fast complete 360

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-04-2015 02:04 PM
    I can't wait for the update. 5.0.1 is driving me nuts!!!
    Same here!
    Scott Shrewsberry likes this.
    06-05-2015 03:24 PM
    Anyone have problems with Facebook locking up Note 4 since lollipop 5.01

06-05-2015 10:49 PM

I always use the mobile site. The app is a disaster.
    zkyevolved likes this.
    06-05-2015 10:51 PM
    it crashes

06-06-2015 03:26 AM

it crashes

One of the problems on the Note 4 is the auto update, outside of the Play Store. For some it crashes the app a lot, for some it just updates.
    06-06-2015 05:04 AM

Facebook works great for me, no crashes. I would make sure you have the latest updates or that one of your other apps isn't causing facebook to crash.
    06-06-2015 06:28 AM
    Facebook works great for me, no crashes. I would make sure you have the latest updates or that one of your other apps isn't causing facebook to crash.
    This issue is a known issue with Facebook and Samsung. I have been in talks with both.
    06-06-2015 06:29 AM
    This issue is a known issue with Facebook and Samsung. I have been in talks with both.
    What version of facebook are you using?
    06-06-2015 07:17 AM
    What version of facebook are you using?
    I don't have the crashing issue, I had the auto update, outside of the Play Store, until I was able to fix that.

This is a problem with the pre-installed Facebook and them pushing updates through the app and not through the Play Store. The developers at Facebook are very aware and they do not want to change the out of Play Store update, even though it is a Play Store violation.
    06-06-2015 07:20 AM
    Good to hear!
    With the S6 finally having some faults like the screen pink tint and board traces on the screen under sunlight, I guess many people wll return to Note 4.
    An update is most welcomed.
    I had the S6 for 2 weeks but so many little hardware faults that I took an M9 but I would have take a Note 4 if the size wasn't a problem for me
    06-06-2015 07:34 AM
    Samsung should take the same route Apple did with their upcoming N5, make two sizes. One around 6" & one around 5.3" both w/ S Pens. IIRC 80% of the iPhone 6 sales are the smaller one. I think Samsung loses a lot of Note sales because of its size. If they had a smaller version I think they could get some iPhone business. The S6 doesn't really have any compelling reason for an iPhone owner to buy it, a smaller Note w/ S Pen I think would.
    jackjack1969 likes this.
    06-06-2015 08:40 AM

Yes
    06-06-2015 05:02 PM
    Nope runs smoothly no problems Verizon note 4 5.0.1

06-08-2015 08:36 PM
    I agree. I use Facebook more than I would like to admit and I don't believe I have ever had it crash on me at all.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-08-2015 08:49 PM
    I agree. I use Facebook more than I would like to admit and I don't believe I have ever had it crash on me at all.

Sent from my Note 4
    Likewise. I use Facebook on a daily basis and have not had a single issue.

AT&T Note 4 running 5.0.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 12:29 AM
    Do you think:
    -BT autoconnect will be fixed?
    -RAW support and better WB?
    With the next update
    06-09-2015 05:10 AM
    My Note 4 freezes up all the time because of Facebook, I'm getting rid of the app and use the browser 😠

06-09-2015 06:48 AM
    Do you think:
    -BT autoconnect will be fixed?
    -RAW support and better WB?
    With the next update
    Use Bluetooth Connect and Play and you never need to worry about autoconnect. Has never failed me after months of use.
    06-09-2015 08:18 AM
    Y'all having FB problems should just sign up to be BETA testers. I get almost a nightly update of FB and it while there are problems from time to time, they get fixed almost immediately and you get to see the nice new features before everyone else
    06-09-2015 08:19 AM
    Y'all having FB problems should just sign up to be BETA testers. I get almost a nightly update of FB and it while there are problems from time to time, they get fixed almost immediately and you get to see the nice new features before everyone else
    No they shouldn't do that. I have been a beta tester for two years, I have also been an alpha tester. I have been a selected tester that was in a special group with all the Facebook developers. The problems do not get fixed almost immediately, they fix what they want to fix only. There are still problems on the Facebook app that several of us started discussing with the developers almost two years ago.

The problem is the pre-installed Facebook app and it updating outside of the Play Store.

I've also spoken to them about this issue of the updating and the Note 4, even though they are violating Google Policy, and their answer is buy a phone that doesn't have Facebook pre-installed.
    06-09-2015 08:52 AM
    Still hanging on to 4.4.4 here.......some days I think; oh I should just let the update to Lollipop install and get over it, but that day hasn't become realistic yet. So for the time being.....still running smooth and happy on 4.4.4.
    06-09-2015 02:11 PM
    Still hanging on to 4.4.4 here.......some days I think; oh I should just let the update to Lollipop install and get over it, but that day hasn't become realistic yet. So for the time being.....still running smooth and happy on 4.4.4.
    I'd wait until the 5.1 update comes out, especially if you have verizon. So many bugs right now with lollipop that I downgraded back to kit kat and don't regret that decision one bit.
    06-09-2015 05:54 PM
    I'd wait until the 5.1 update comes out, especially if you have verizon. So many bugs right now with lollipop that I downgraded back to kit kat and don't regret that decision one bit.
    You know, I am definitely all about new features and updates and like to be current, BUT, I am definitely Not about Breaking something that Isn't Broken! Yes, I am on Verizon. Glad you were able to go back to KitKat! I am also not a rooter....stuff like that makes me nervous, LOL, not for everyone ya know!
    06-09-2015 06:08 PM
    No they shouldn't do that. I have been a beta tester for two years, I have also been an alpha tester. I have been a selected tester that was in a special group with all the Facebook developers. The problems do not get fixed almost immediately, they fix what they want to fix only. There are still problems on the Facebook app that several of us started discussing with the developers almost two years ago.

The problem is the pre-installed Facebook app and it updating outside of the Play Store.

I've also spoken to them about this issue of the updating and the Note 4, even though they are violating Google Policy, and their answer is buy a phone that doesn't have Facebook pre-installed.
    I never even noticed it was preinstalled. I guess I just don't experience the same issues as everyone else. FB works great on my phone 95% of the time. I was being slightly facetious telling people to become BETA users. It's definitely not for patient people or people who use social media more than I do.
    06-09-2015 09:41 PM
75 123