07-18-2015 04:50 PM
75 123
tools
    I just wish Sammy hadn't taken away the multiuser support in Lollipop. I'd love to have an entirely separate account on my phone for my corporate email. That way I could use the fingerprint reader to secure my regular account, and a password to check corporate stuff.

Maybe they'll finally put that in with 5.1.x?
    You can do that with Knox.
    06-09-2015 10:06 PM
    I never even noticed it was preinstalled. I guess I just don't experience the same issues as everyone else. FB works great on my phone 95% of the time. I was being slightly facetious telling people to become BETA users. It's definitely not for patient people or people who use social media more than I do.
    It didn't cause my phone to lock up or Facebook to crash, it just kept updating. I keep mine at v27 so I do not have to have messenger installed and it kept updating outside of the Play Store.

It would update and I had all auto updates turned off and then I would check the Play Store and it would tell me I still needed an update. I even discovered it updating when I first got the phone, I had not logged into any account on my phone and was upgrading to lollipop and Facebook upgraded through the app.

I finally found the files that were causing the update and was able to disable the files. This never happened on my S5 but Facebook wasn't pre-installed. Also when the Note 4 first came out, some people had the Facebook app disabled and it would still update through the disabled app and re-enable itself.
    06-09-2015 10:25 PM
    You can do that with Knox.
    My company, for the moment, uses MobileIron. The only configuration they support is a "MobileIron takes over the whole phone" solution, and then they only support TouchDown for email/calendar/etc. And MobileIron can't recognize the fingerprint reader as Android does not (yet) have native fingerprint reader capability.

They are moving toward a Microsoft-centric model (InTune, I think?). I don't know how that will work with Knox. We shall see.
    06-10-2015 07:55 AM
    Are we getting the themeing like the s6 that would be great.. Anybody know

Posted via the Android Central App
    etdoner likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:19 PM

Last I heard that someone asked Samsung about that, the answer was there were no plans to do so.
    06-10-2015 12:23 PM

You're going to have to buy an S6 or live with what you have.

The big question is does it stop the phone from doing it's normal functions? No. So Samsung has it right, why fix something that isn't broken?
    06-10-2015 01:06 PM
    You're going to have to buy an S6 or live with what you have.

The big question is does it stop the phone from doing it's normal functions? No. So Samsung has it right, why fix something that isn't broken?
    It is a feature they very well may add with the Android M release.
    06-14-2015 09:39 PM
    I wish they'd just wait a couple of more months and give us M, skip the bug fixes only for the last update before Samsung abandons the Note4 like every other of their devices after 2 updates.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    06-14-2015 09:45 PM
    I wish they'd just wait a couple of more months and give us M, skip the bug fixes only for the last update before Samsung abandons the Note4 like every other of their devices after 2 updates.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    The Note 4 won't get M before the Note 5. The last two weren't abandoned. All Samsung flagship get 2 years of updates. Lollipop is planned for the Note 2 this year. It came out in 2012 and mine had ICS on it and the Note 2 has KitKat now. It got several updates. Jelly Bean and KitKat both had several updates.

The Note 3 came with Jelly Bean and has been updated to Lollipop. The S5 and S4 have Lollipop. I'm not sure where you get Samsung has abandoned their devices after 2 updates. Someone phone manufacturers do more than 2 years of updates on flagship devices, every once in a while a company will do one flagship more than 2 years worth of updates, but 2 years is the norm.

At some point you need to upgrade hardware for the new firmware, because even phone hardware technology changes quickly.
    06-14-2015 10:16 PM
    M will never come out for the Note 4?
    06-15-2015 05:19 AM
    M will never come out for the Note 4?
    Sure it will, probably same time next year as Lollipop was planned/did this year. Most likely it will come out for the N4, 1st quarter of 2016.
    06-15-2015 05:28 AM
    i'm waiting for the 5.1.1 update because i heard that the update would come with the new version of touchwiz that is on the Galaxy S 6/Edge, the new version has some new features like Themes and Screen Grid (change home screen grid from 4x4 to 5x4), but since i live in New Zealand I wont get the update until September/October
    06-28-2015 06:50 PM
    ^^^ Those would be some cool new features. I'd be happy to see the grid increase to 5x4 in TouchWiz. I know it can be done with Nova, but I like using TouchWiz overall.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    06-28-2015 09:18 PM
    Hopefully the update will fix the Lollipop issues
    jimd1050 likes this.
    06-29-2015 09:19 PM
    Anyone have problems with Facebook locking up Note 4 since lollipop 5.01

Definitely! But the FB app has always had issues before the Lollypop upgrade, too. I wish they'd fix their app.
    06-30-2015 10:40 AM
    Does anyone know if 5.1.1 will have a radio update. My phone signal is killing my battery in rural areas with no 4g coverage

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!
    06-30-2015 11:08 AM
    Does anyone know if 5.1.1 will have a radio update. My phone signal is killing my battery in rural areas with no 4g coverage

I don't know if it will. Have you asked your carrier about a signal booster? I don't know what Verizon calls it, but AT&T calls it a microcell. It attaches to your home Internet and works like a minicell tower in your home. Some carriers and some stores make you pay for it, some give it to you free. The local AT&T store gave me one for free when customer care wouldn't give me one and wanted to charge me $200.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    06-30-2015 11:14 AM
    No I haven't asked them yet. I've heard t-mobile gives them to customers sometimes. I don't see Verizon giving anything away lol. But it's worth a shot!
    06-30-2015 11:15 AM
    No I haven't asked them yet. I've heard t-mobile gives them to customers sometimes. I don't see Verizon giving anything away lol. But it's worth a shot!
    Also, even $200 or so can be worth it. I ended up canceling my home phone and had I paid $200 for my microcell, I would have made that back in less than 6 months in savings and then save more every month after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    06-30-2015 11:25 AM

Did you contact your carrier and what did they say?
    06-30-2015 03:02 PM
    Sure it will, probably same time next year as Lollipop was planned/did this year. Most likely it will come out for the N4, 1st quarter of 2016.
    You're probably right, but that would be annoying.

Just got this phone and I'll be getting a new one in June. Lol. Was really looking forward to the battery improvements with M on this device. Oh well...

07-01-2015 08:54 PM
    You're probably right, but that would be annoying.

Just got this phone and I'll be getting a new one in June. Lol. Was really looking forward to the battery improvements with M on this device. Oh well...

The current flagship device will never get the new Android version before the next flagship coming out..
    07-02-2015 11:45 AM
    The current flagship device will never get the new Android version before the next flagship coming out..
    Of course, but that should be right around the corner. Assuming no delays...

07-02-2015 12:22 PM
    Generally, the new flagship is released 4th qtr and the roll out for the previous flagship starts 1st qtr, as long as some issue doesn't pop up. It starts then, not in the US, because carriers also have to test it, etc. We can start getting the update on the US, 1st or 2nd qtr many times.
    07-02-2015 12:53 PM
    Okay, I just read this Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update from Verizon, but will see when it does.

Android Lollipop 5.1.1's Best New Features

Of course the Vzw Mobile Living doesn't (DOES NOT) state when.
    07-18-2015 04:50 PM
75 123