Moving music files from Note 4 Internal Storage to MicroSD Card?

Douglas Yarnold

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded my Note 4 MicroSD Card from 32gig to a 64gig card.
I connected my phone to my computer, and, using Android File Manager, moved 2gig of Music files from my iMac iTunes to the Card on my Note 4.
With my Note 4 attached to my iMac, the screen shows the music files on the phone Card. However, when I go to Settings -> General -> Storage on my Note 4, the Music files show up on my phone Device memory storage -> Used Space -> Audio, and I dont see any files on the SD Card.
Can anyone please explain? :-\

Last edited:

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I connected my phone to my computer, and moved 2gig of Music files from my iMac iTunes to the Card on my Note 4.
With my Note 4 attached to my iMac, the screen shows the music files on the phone Card. However, when I go to Settings -> General -> Storage on my Note 4, the Music files show up on my phone Device memory storage -> Used Space -> Audio, and I dont see any files on the SD Card.

if You have amazing mp3 store, download an app called amazing mp3 mover

Posted via the Android Central App

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I connected my phone to my computer, and, using Android File Manager, moved 2gig of Music files from my iMac iTunes to the Card on my Note 4.

My explanation would probably be that iTunes and iMacs and all things iApple be crazy.

But, more seriously, you might want to try checking what's where on your phone without attaching it to the iMac. Try using the My Files app on your phone to find your music, and if it's not where you want it to be, to move it. Here's a post I wrote some time back about moving photos from the Note 2's storage to the SD card, using the My Files app: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...bout-moving-pictures-sd-card.html#post2346863 Some of the details have changed about how the internal and SD storages are labeled, and My Files has changed a bit, but you can probably figure it out.

Good luck!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You can also try the My Files app. It will show the Local Storage at the bottom of the screen. Click on SD card, then Music. If the music is not there, it may have been moved over to a different location or folder on the External SD. When using AFT in the past, I've accidentally dragged a file or folder from one location to another from a Finder window to an AFT window, only to realize later I let go of the drag operation too early or late than I had originally intended. Not saying you did anything wrong, but worth a check just in case.

As an alternative to AFT, you could use the My Files app, got to the Local Device area, then Device Storage, and then Music and see if you can select all files and move them to the External SD Card's Music folder.

Update: @brentj covered it well :). I was slowly responding in the editor, and posted without knowing his response was there.

Last edited:

Douglas Yarnold

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I went to My Files app, Local Storage, and Device Storage. No Music files.
Then, still in My Files app, Local Storage and SD Card....there they were. So the files DID transfer to the MicroSD Card using Android File Transfer, I'm glad for that.
I'm still wondering why the Note 4 Settings SD Storage shows no music files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie