Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 AT&T no contract and I am turned off by the lag when you open apps, by the Bluetooth playback issues andby the size of the device as I have small hands thus making it harder to get a good grip of it. I was wondering are there any good smaller alternatives to the Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-02-2015 10:13 PM
    Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 AT&T no contract and I am turned off by the lag when you open apps, by the Bluetooth playback issues andby the size of the device as I have small hands thus making it harder to get a good grip of it. I was wondering are there any good smaller alternatives to the Note 4?

Nokia 3510i 😁

06-07-2015 03:38 PM
    Short answer is no. There really isn't any other phone that can do what the Note can do and do it as well as the Note. I would say that you need to figure out what features you need and then match that to a phone. Depending on what those are you may have to make sacrifices in other areas.

Sent from my Note 4
    aximtreo and faith3935 like this.
    06-07-2015 04:01 PM
    I am a woman with small hands. No issueswith handling the Note4

H3aTeRzz, aximtreo and faith3935 like this.
    06-08-2015 04:46 PM
    Try the one handed function. As far a last goes I have no complaint.

faith3935 likes this.
    06-08-2015 05:20 PM
    There are a lot of really great one-handed phones out there, at least one solid one from each of the major flagship manufacturers (Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, etc etc). It all depends on which features you are looking for.

Each has its signature/important features, and its drawbacks. You've mentioned what you don't like about the Note 4 - and fair enough - but you are using it as your reference for "finding a one-handed alternative to". In order to find an alternative to it, you'll have to determine the things you DO like about the Note 4 so you can look for another phone with those features.

So what features do you like about the Note 4 well enough that you are using it as your reference point for a good phone? Obviously not the screen size - because you've said the phone is too big. S-Pen? Infrared? Fingerprint reader? What is it that makes the Note 4 the ideal phone for you, "if only it was a little smaller, the bluetooth worked for me, and it didn't lag"
    faith3935 likes this.
    06-09-2015 10:49 AM
    Note 3 neo

06-09-2015 11:14 AM
    Turns out that I may keep it in the long run, just ordered a Zerolemon battery for it and I'm getting used to the size. As for the Bluetooth issues during music playback I heard that if you were to keep the screen on while playing music it prevents it from skipping
    06-09-2015 03:30 PM
    I use it one hand on full screen but I have hams for hands

Posted while eating Titty Sprinkles with Morgan Freeman.
    06-09-2015 03:54 PM
    LG g4 or HTC M9. They're good devices with a smaller footprint. If you're set on Android, those are your best bets. The Zenfone 2 is a great option, too. Pretty well rounded device. All of these are smaller.

I am keeping the Note 4 until 5.1.1 comes our August. Whatever happens first. But KK has been solid for me (I recently rolled back from 5.0.1).
    06-09-2015 04:50 PM
    I reverted back to Kit Kat since I bought the phone off of eBay with Lollipop preinstalled and so far the Bluetooth issues and lag are gone.
    06-15-2015 11:17 AM
    There are too many bugs with Lollipop.
    06-15-2015 11:17 AM
    Yeah, same here. Back to Kitkat about two weeks ago and I don't miss anything of lollipop. Kitkat is bug free. I'm hoping the July release of 5.1.1 will be the lollipop version of the current version of Kitkat.

faith3935 likes this.
    06-15-2015 03:14 PM
    Same here. Google screwed up with Lollipop which explains why you seen more devices launched with Kit Kat then when we seen devices launched with Lollipop this year.
    06-15-2015 06:06 PM
    Something needs to give with the lag. I'm seriously contemplating going back to my gs4. That was the snappiest, most responsive phone I've ever owned.
    Truthfully, I can't remember if kitkat was a better performer or not.

Posted from my AT&T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App
    06-15-2015 08:16 PM
    Something needs to give with the lag. I'm seriously contemplating going back to my gs4. That was the snappiest, most responsive phone I've ever owned.
    Truthfully, I can't remember if kitkat was a better performer or not.

Are you on Kit Kat?
    06-16-2015 12:16 AM
    Are you on Kit Kat?
    I'm not. Lollypop 5.0.1. I'm not sure how to go back to kitkat

06-16-2015 06:56 AM
    06-16-2015 09:25 AM
    I too have short stubby fingers and have no issues with using the Note 4. I don't use it with one hand nor do I use my thumbs to keyboard. I use the S pen for everything so my use method is apparently different than others. But I would never go back to KK because L allows me to use my large ExtSD storage for program data and program parts, photos and videos from the camera, etc. So I have 7 GB of HERE maps downloaded to use off line on the extSD card along with 1 GB of bird identification data along with numberous smaller files. Giving me 8 GB of space on the internal storage that is free for other stuff.
    We all each have our priorities for how we use smartphones. And for me the Note series is the only phone with L is the only one for me.
    Your mileage may vary.
    06-16-2015 11:09 AM
    I reverted back to Kit Kat since I bought the phone off of eBay with Lollipop preinstalled and so far the Bluetooth issues and lag are gone.
    I just bought the Note 4 from Swappa. It comes with Lollipop. How do I go back to Kit Kat?
    06-16-2015 01:22 PM
    Same issues like mines? If so read the XDA link that I posted on this thread.
    06-16-2015 06:43 PM
    Lollipop gave me the following:

1. Whatsapp messages displaying as pop ups over everything and no way of stopping them.
    2. Taking ages to update apps in the Playstore, presumably because of Art but with no discernable benefit to having Art running.
    3. Lag all over the place.
    4. No improvement in battery life.
    5. Stock keyboard suggested words with a grey background instead of black making them impossible to see in sunlight.

Why make changes that don't improve the overall experience of the user. I'm always sceptical and cynical when it comes to manufacturers offering updates to a handset they've already sold. What's in it for them? Reputation? Would it not be worth their while to f up the experience ever so slightly to make you think about buying something new? To be honest, the Note 4 is only 8 months old. I wouldn't have expected this treatment this early! Anyway, i've gone back to Kitkat and haven't looked back. It does everything I want and has no lag. When you buy a drill in a tool shop you don't expect it to be able to saw a few months later. The Note 4 with Kitkat does what I need. Other people's mileage etc etc.

faith3935 likes this.
    06-17-2015 08:09 AM