In their contact settings, I have different tones set for different people but the stock tone goes off if I get a message from them.
    Using the message + app.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 11:22 AM
    I'm not familiar with that particular messaging app, but I'd imagine that if there is a way to set a custom notification tone for each contact, it would most likely be through that app's settings.

Please report back if you figure it out. I'd like to be able to customize the notification tones for my contacts as well, but it's never been a big enough of a deal for me to start trying out different messengers.
    06-03-2015 01:46 PM
    In their contact settings, I have different tones set for different people but the stock tone goes off if I get a message from them.
    Using the message + app.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have done this since my first Samsung smartphone. Under the main notifications I set the notifications for silent and set the notification for each app.

Now, I have ever just switched to the Meassage + app, so I'm not sure if the above will correct the unique tone issue.

Give me a few minutes to do some testing.
    06-03-2015 02:03 PM
    Ok just tested. Message + will only recognize the tone you choose in its settings. Unlike then Samsung app, it ignores unique message tones.
    droidntn likes this.
    06-03-2015 02:09 PM
    Yea, I just made the Samsung Messaging app the default and the tones work. I love the tones. I set irritating ones for people that can wait.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-03-2015 05:24 PM
    Yea, I just made the Samsung Messaging app the default and the tones work. I love the tones. I set irritating ones for people that can wait.
    I've kept the Message+ so I can get notifications if the convo is open and I can modify the colors of the messaging app.
    06-03-2015 09:06 PM