Help! Cant figure out how to backup Note 4 to do factory reset.

BennyBlanco99

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Like many of you I am having a few small issues with my Note 4 since the Lollipop update. I have finally decided to go ahead with a factory reset but for the life of me I cant figure out how to back up all my data.

What I have done so far:

1) Turned on Kies air on my cell and laptop and connected the 2. I can see all the info from my phone on my laptop, but dont see any kind of option to backup or restore data.

2) Plugged phone into laptop and connected Kies. Phone will not connect to Kies and gives me a pop up saying that my phone is better served using the Samsung Smart Switch App. I downloaded the app but it appears to only be if you are switching from phone to phone, again I dont see anything for only backing up or restoring a phone.

Those of you who have done the factory reset, how did you do it and how did you backup all your info??

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I let all my contacts back up to Google, transfer any photos or videos to SD card. Anything else I don't need so it goes.

Note 4Tified

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I do what miller 6386 says contacts backed up by Gmail, and send all files in internal memory that i want to save to sd card.

Posted via the Android Central App