Hello, quick question. I have an app that updated a few weeks back and I didn't like the update at all. I managed to find the .apk file (this is a free app) and restored it to the way it was previous to the update. Every time I get update notifications though it shows up in the list of apps with updates available so I have to tap on each app individually and then authorize it to update. Is there a way to remove the app I don't want to update so I can just select update all and let it do its thing? Thanks!
    06-03-2015 04:50 PM
    Go to each app you don't want auto-updated in My Apps (in Play), tap the menu and uncheck the autoupdate box.

Then let your apps autoupdate - the ones not checked won't.

Also, use App Backup & Restore to keep apk files of all your apps (you can keep them on your computer). When an app updates, back that version up. When you get an update you don't like, reinstalling the older version will be lot easier than hunting for an apk file.
    06-03-2015 05:02 PM
    Thanks for that, will try it and see how it works. I just got AppMonster Pro so it should be saving the older apk files should I run into a problem down the road.
    06-03-2015 06:03 PM
    I had exactly the same problem and also managed to restore to original app before updates, but there is more help I need. I have gone into the app manager and unchecked 'show notifications' for this app, and also gone into my apps on google play and unchecked auto update, but the app still keeps appearing in the updates list...just yesterday there was 22 apps needed updating and 1 (this app) that I did not want updated, and the only option was update all, obviously I didn't want this so I had to manually update the other apps which took about 20min.
    How can I clear this app from the update list as I keep getting notification that 1 app needs updating. It seem there is no way of getting this app off the list. There are no options to do this, I even tried long press & right/left swipe to get rid of it. I don't really want to use your suggestion above ( set apps to auto update) as I prefer to have some control over the updates. I am on Android 5 lollipop. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    06-04-2015 03:03 AM
    I had exactly the same problem and also managed to restore to original app before updates, but there is more help I need. I have gone into the app manager and unchecked 'show notifications' for this app, and also gone into my apps on google play and unchecked auto update, but the app still keeps appearing in the updates list...just yesterday there was 22 apps needed updating and 1 (this app) that I did not want updated, and the only option was update all, obviously I didn't want this so I had to manually update the other apps which took about 20min.
    How can I clear this app from the update list as I keep getting notification that 1 app needs updating. It seem there is no way of getting this app off the list. There are no options to do this, I even tried long press & right/left swipe to get rid of it. I don't really want to use your suggestion above ( set apps to auto update) as I prefer to have some control over the updates. I am on Android 5 lollipop. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    You can make it show it doesn't need an update. If you click update all, go back and tap on the app you don't want updated and click on the X where it is giving the download status. Tap this X and that app will not update and the rest will. I have to do this with Facebook all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a way to keep an app from showing up in the updates?-1433425924377.jpg  
    06-04-2015 09:52 AM
    Hi, Thanks for that, it worked well...I thought of that earlier but I didn't know if it would work and didn't want to try it. I don't know why lollipop has no option to dismiss updates, it's a real pain, so even though your method worked well, it looks like this app is going to sit in updates forever. At least now I can update all without manually doing each one.
    Thanks again
    06-04-2015 05:30 PM
    Hi, Thanks for that, it worked well...I thought of that earlier but I didn't know if it would work and didn't want to try it. I don't know why lollipop has no option to dismiss updates, it's a real pain, so even though your method worked well, it looks like this app is going to sit in updates forever. At least now I can update all without manually doing each one.
    Thanks again
    Well that is a Play Store thing. A long time back you used to could choose certain apps to not auto update. My Facebook sits there saying it needs an update also.
    06-04-2015 05:35 PM