How to turn off mobile data in Note 4?

catsknit

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and recently was traveling in WV where apparently there is no coverage. I was shocked to find that I'd used up all my "roaming data allowance" when I had not done anything with the phone the entire 4 hours driving. Apparently various things like my mail were constantly checking in. But I cannot find any way to turn off mobile data! When I'm home my wifi picks up automatically but away from wifi it uses data constantly. My old Samsung s3 mini had a data on/off toggle. I can't find that on the Note 4.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does it mean that when you open the notification panel the option to choose data is not available fit T-Mobile branded note 4?

something like this

229503b2f4fa63de99b51c49fb187331.jpg

catsknit

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - seems very calculated to force you to use your data up! I don't pay for a lot of data b/c I try to do most things over wifi, but last month I ran out due to some accidental extra usage, and then having used "roaming data" without even intending to, irritated me.
At least now I can find it in settings.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks - seems very calculated to force you to use your data up! I don't pay for a lot of data b/c I try to do most things over wifi, but last month I ran out due to some accidental extra usage, and then having used "roaming data" without even intending to, irritated me.
At least now I can find it in settings.
Oh it gets better. Lollipop broke the ability to get an aftermarket data toggle widget. They now take you to that settings instead of toggling the data network.
When I had to travel through that godforsaken part of the world in an emergency I got a text "you have used 9.5MB of your 10MB roaming data allowance" and hadn't used my phone at all. Since there was only AT&T through most of my travel (wife had 0 signal with Verizon, nobody to roam on ) and I was roaming on it I switched to AT&T when I got home. I travel other areas that T-Mobile didn't cover so it wasn't just over that but it was the last straw.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

First Off

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree. It's definitely calculated, cheesy, greedy, obvious, and makes me hate ATT again. Why remove the Mobile Data on/off switch on the quick settings... except if you want people to drain their data plans and have to pay for more data? I'm always on the move and use my laptop often at coffee shops. On the Note 2 I'd hit the switch and turn off data so I didn't drop mobile data on random app updates, notifications, etc. Now you have to dig down through 5 menus (questionably relevant menus btw) to turn of data. Reallllly irritating.

I'm sure it's worth it monetarily to them to pull this crap, despite the ill-will it creates.

azdenn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
on att... settings > data usage > mobile data > unclick both standard and enhanced...

I leave them turned off along with location almost always... since i encounter plenty of wifi availability here in Tucson... my screens look nothing like the ones posted above... dunno why...

generally hate this phone, but had to get it for access to apps needed for work... miss my Nokia 1520

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
generally hate this phone, but had to get it for access to apps needed for work... miss my Nokia 1520

It's not looking to good for Microsoft's Nokia phones...

Microsoft laying off 7,800 employees...
"The firings, which will eliminate about 7 percent of the company’s workforce, are concentrated in Microsoft’s troubled mobile phone business, and will eliminate most of the remaining employees from its purchase of Nokia’s phone operation in 2013. "

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/07/micro...s-more-immigrant-workers/#hSliY4R3g3sSlKjJ.99

It would have been good for competition to have another strong (25%+ market share) player in the mobile space. Microsoft has been struggling to keep the 2%+ share as it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz