Hi,

Got a note 4 today, have noticed the phone getting very hot.

Happens when i download an app, and while its charging. Gets to about 39°- 40° degrees while charging and around the same while downloading apps.

Is this something to worry about?? Please say no?? lol,.. only joking please tell me cant be bothered with swapping phones over again, so much hassle!!
    06-04-2015 06:20 PM
    Whenever you actively use both WiFi and data (like heavy downloads) your device will get a bit hot. This is normal. Also while charging, especially if you're using the Fast Charger.

But it shouldn't be too uncomfortable to hold though, at least mine isn't. Haven't measured how hot it gets and I'm guessing having a case helps, but a little warm up is completely normal with those activities.
    cinnamin likes this.
    06-04-2015 06:27 PM
    Hi,

Got a note 4 today, have noticed the phone getting very hot.

Happens when i download an app, and while its charging. Gets to about 39°- 40° degrees while charging and around the same while downloading apps.

Is this something to worry about?? Please say no?? lol,.. only joking please tell me cant be bothered with swapping phones over again, so much hassle!!
    It depends on the weather and environment too..
    06-04-2015 07:37 PM
    It does get hot. Mostly on updates from the play store & fast charging. I wouldn't worry about it. It's common. 😊

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 02:21 PM
    I also find the first charge or two with a new phone or a reset, is normal and then that stood happening.
    06-05-2015 02:47 PM
    I have noticed it does indeed get very hot with the fast charge, up to 39 degrees? With a normal charger of my s5 non fast charger.. it does still get hot but not quiet as much.. 35/36.

Also, its not just the battery that gets hot, its all around the camera, memory car and sim card area etc.. is that common?
    06-05-2015 03:21 PM
    Mine doesn't get hot with fast charge.
    06-05-2015 04:01 PM
    im just going to send it back!

the last time am buying a used phone of ebay
    06-05-2015 04:58 PM

You just got it. You need to give it a couple of days.

A new phone or a newly reset phone always get hot when charging the first one or two times.

My old Note 3 had to have a new motherboard, it was getting hit. When it came back from Samsung it was hot charging it. They told me the above info about new phones and new resets. They were correct and I've seen that happen each time.
    06-05-2015 05:01 PM
    Im having the same problem i need help i have change 3 note 4 from Tmobile but the same issues phone getting very hot and drain the battery so fast. What to do ????

Helpppp
    06-30-2015 04:04 PM
    Im having the same problem i need help i have change 3 note 4 from Tmobile but the same issues phone getting very hot and drain the battery so fast. What to do ????

Helpppp
    Now long have you had your Note 4?
    06-30-2015 07:31 PM
    I use Clean Master to boost my phone. It also alerts you when the phone is running hot and cools it down by identifying the culprit apps and closing them.
    06-30-2015 09:53 PM

Overreaction of the year.

You had it a day, you were charging it while it was installing apps and it was probably also syncing all your data and setup, of course it is going to heat up and especially if it is Fast Charging while doing all that.

You should have given at least 3-4days.

Ah well.

Goodbye.
    07-01-2015 01:33 AM
    Give it a few days. Theres probably alot of initial syncing going on, updates, etc...

It is very normal for it to get warm when charging and using data.

Edit: just realized this is 4 weeks old... Lol. He's probably on his 8th phone by now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-01-2015 09:43 PM
    I think his action is totally normal. First of all he bought it from Ebay,not an authorized store ....if it was me ...I might think the phone's a counterfait.

Note4 is my first actual high tech phone and I freak out about it battery too =_=

Ppl who use smartphone for awhile might see its as normal. But a person like me (new to the area) would have a worry/concern.
    07-01-2015 10:01 PM
    Overreaction of the year.

You had it a day, you were charging it while it was installing apps and it was probably also syncing all your data and setup, of course it is going to heat up and especially if it is Fast Charging while doing all that.

You should have given at least 3-4days.

Ah well.

Goodbye.
    The phone has been gone away for repair at Samsung for over a month now due to overheating, the Samsung authorised shop did confirm the problem also and sent it direct to samsung immediately due to unnatural overheating.

In the mean time i picked up another note 4 and did everything the same on this and guess what? NO OVERHEATING ON THIS!! I restored from my previous phone, so over 50 apps being installed at once and no overheating.

Got a phone call today that the phone has been repaired and is being sent to my local samsung authorised centre for collection over the next few days.

Phone definitely did have a problem, no overreaction here, please refrain for being judgemental. I do know my phones!

Im happy to upload the service sheet with repair info on here.
    07-06-2015 07:23 PM
    The phone has been gone away for repair at Samsung for over a month now due to overheating, the Samsung authorised shop did confirm the problem also and sent it direct to samsung immediately due to unnatural overheating.

In the mean time i picked up another note 4 and did everything the same on this and guess what? NO OVERHEATING ON THIS!! I restored from my previous phone, so over 50 apps being installed at once and no overheating.

Got a phone call today that the phone has been repaired and is being sent to my local samsung authorised centre for collection over the next few days.

Phone definitely did have a problem, no overreaction here, please refrain for being judgemental. I do know my phones!

Im happy to upload the service sheet with repair info on here.
    08-31-2015 10:21 AM
    Glad I decided to research. My note 4 has been cooking eggs since I bought it. She gets up to approx 30c - 38c (celsius) plus. I have owned all Samsung Note/s and NEVER had a heat problem like this Note 4.

I am also a "Heavy, Heavy User" as I use every tool available on it including lots of media streaming or video it is my Goto all day every day. The most heat I ever experienced with the past Samsung Notes is a very "subtle" warmth. This thing is frkn HOOOOOOT!!

I'll be contacting my dealer for a swap out
    08-31-2015 10:29 AM
    May I ask what the diagnosis was on your phone? What did they fix/repair? Mine has been gettting extrememly hot also and I'm not sure what I should do.
    Thank you
    10-21-2015 01:46 PM
    How hot is hot? The prior posts in this thread reference temps of around 40c. 104 F may be a concern for a human but it's hardly anything for a CPU....IMO if the device is truly overheating and crashing, throwing errors, warnings or throttling down then there's cause for concern, otherwise don't worry about heat when you KNOW that you're pushing it hard. Being hot when the device is in standby is a different story.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    10-22-2015 01:44 AM
    I had issues with this with my Note 4 on ATT. They first replaced the Battery and it worked for a little while, didn't get as hot as the old battery. It definitely would get very hot though. In a very heavy duty case. To the point I couldn't hold it. This all happened first with the Lollipop update and then a few times downloading some apps. I know the phone get hot when working, but not too hot to hold.

Then suddenly I was dropping calls on ATT a couple months ago. Never happened before. In different places where I checked with them and strong signal. They were thinking the Sim card reader wasn't working correctly. After doing everything they said, sim replacement, battery replacement, and Factory Reset, the phone kept dropping calls. Never had that since I bought it back in February. So I got a Warranty replacement phone. Guess what, No more dropped calls. This phone gets hot too, but not as hot as my last one. Even the girl that worked at the ATT where I brought my Old Note 4 to transfer my apps and stuff to the Replacement Note 4 and get it activated, said it was really hot. So something was up with my original Note 4. Never found out what, but the Warranty replacement is working fine and not getting super hot. So I believe something happened after the Lollipop update and I know overheating can fry your phone. Just my experience with it. My first Certified like New Phone I ever got and working very well. I was a little worried at first. Oh and I have no idea the actual temp. it was, but my old Note 4 got too hot to hold in a casemate case and when I pulled the battery I couldn't even hold that either.
    10-22-2015 04:28 AM