Dropped phone in water - my life is over!

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I just dropped my phone in water. I am always so careful too. I was doing something stupid and it's my own fault. I had a few cups of water in my hand so I went to pour it in the sink, stuck my phone under my chin and it slipped out. Landed in a crock pot soaking in water.

I got it out within 3 seconds and took the battery, sim card and SD card out, but I feel the worse.

I am taking it to a guy tomorrow who does a great job of repairing water damaged phones, so I have a little hope.

Don't know of many other options. What other options are out there, buying the phone brand new? If I have to do that, am I able to use new phone under my 2 year contract, how does that work?

flappy75

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This is going to sound silly but it worked for me. I dropped my cell in the bathtub. It was completely submerged in water. I took it apart and placed the phone in a plastic sandwich bag of rice. The rice is supposed to absorb the moisture. Apparently a lot of people recommend doing this. I put it on top of my cable box for 3 days and it works! This actually just happened on Monday so I'm going to start using my phone today. You must wait 2-3 days. Don't keep checking and turning it on and off, you can do more damage that way.

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
To answer the other question you asked, yes you can use whatever phone you buy with your existing contract. As long as the device is provisioned for your carrier you can just put in your sim card and be good to go.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just got my phone back from the shop – No damage and only cost me $27 bucks. I guess pulling it right out and taking the sim, sd, spen and battery out ASAP helped and of course I didn’t try to turn it on. He said wasn’t much moisture at all. They gave it a “bath” and everything works normal. Battery, sim card and SD all work. I got very lucky.

Thanks for all the help!

CNTSTPDRMN

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Rice is your friend! I've used it many times over the years! One of the best tips other than "righty tight, lefty Lucy... Or don't eat yellow snow.

Posted using the Note 4!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37