Hi,

I sometimes encounter the problem where my SMS messages won't send, and I won't receive any either. I'm using Hangouts, but I've found that using the default messaging app brings no change. The immediate solution to the problem is I close the app, reboot, and then it seems to work fine again. But this comes up a decent amount of time, and at completely random times. I can have just sent a message, and then it suddenly decides that the next one won't send and I won't get any messages. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    06-05-2015 03:41 AM
    Hi,

I sometimes encounter the problem where my SMS messages won't send, and I won't receive any either. I'm using Hangouts, but I've found that using the default messaging app brings no change. The immediate solution to the problem is I close the app, reboot, and then it seems to work fine again. But this comes up a decent amount of time, and at completely random times. I can have just sent a message, and then it suddenly decides that the next one won't send and I won't get any messages. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    Welcome to Android Central!

It could be some kind of connection issue, who is your service with?
    06-11-2015 03:33 PM
    I'd definitely say a service issue. I'm with AT&T and i have had the issue a couple of times but it's usually in poor signal areas.
    06-11-2015 03:38 PM
    I have also had this problem as of late. I had to do a factory reset last night for this issue and phone started freezing. .. I'm not sure if it is work correctly. I use the Google message app, but have tried several to be sure and all wouldn't send nor receive.
    Also I have Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-13-2015 02:59 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I have had issues regardless of the text app. The google app sends text to the wrong people. But I do have problems sending and receiving text. I also have noticed that someone it takes a long time for out to even send.
    06-13-2015 06:27 PM
    Same here with verizon. I downgraded to kit kat and still have this issue no matter what app I use for texting.
    06-14-2015 04:38 AM
    I'm on VzW myself and have found that when I did use Hangouts there were some "issues" as mentioned above, in my case simply delayed send/responses. Since I've switched to using the VzW Messages, there's not problems when sending and receiving SMS/MMS.

Hope you find out what's what and get resolved in your case and enjoy!
    06-14-2015 04:47 AM
    These are issues that have been around since cell phones became commonplace and text messaging was introduced. You've probably got 100million+ cell phones in the US alone. That's A LOT of calls, texts, and data being transmitted on wireless networks and every now and then you're going to experience lags or delays with it. It's no different than the Interstate. You've got a bunch of cars traveling in both directions. Sometimes you get more cars than the highway was designed to handle and traffic slows down, maybe even comes to a complete stop. Same thing happens with your text message, or your call, your voicemail, or your internet. There are rare occasions when I receive a text several hours after it was sent. There have been times when messages I've sent didn't reach the intended recipient for several hours as well. It happens.
    06-14-2015 10:27 AM