I can't create new photo album folders :(

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys... ever since the update I cannot create new photo albums.

It tells me that file name already exists. I even tried to figure out how to add a folder through X-plore or even just plugged into my computer and can't seem to make it work as it doesn't show on the phone.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Any solutions?

Thanks a tonne!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... ever since the update I cannot create new photo albums.

It tells me that file name already exists. I even tried to figure out how to add a folder through X-plore or even just plugged into my computer and can't seem to make it work as it doesn't show on the phone.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Any solutions?

Thanks a tonne!

When you tap more and create an album it doesn't create it that way? You also have to out a new pictures in the album to keep the album.

Also if you create a new folder with the album name you want, on your SD card from. MY Files, copy and paste a picture from another folder in it, from My Files, it should show up on your gallery.

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
When you tap more and create an album it doesn't create it that way? You also have to out a new pictures in the album to keep the album.

Also if you create a new folder with the album name you want, on your SD card from. MY Files, copy and paste a picture from another folder in it, from My Files, it should show up on your gallery.

Hi Kelly,

When I try to create a new folder, it asks me to name it and once I press 'create' it gives me a message. See attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-05-15-17-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-15-17-51.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 18

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My gives me this.. Hot ok, then tap on a picture and tell it to copy to the new album. Then you should be able to rename the album. uploadfromtaptalk1433532809422.jpg

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Wait.. That picture you posted looks like it is in the camera folder..

1. it's not a default name... i could put in jibberish and same thing would happen.

2. so these are my steps: Gallery > three dots top right corner > create album > (takes me to Camera folder for some reason) message pops up to name my album > type in name and press create > file already exists message

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
1. it's not a default name... i could put in jibberish and same thing would happen.

2. so these are my steps: Gallery > three dots top right corner > create album > (takes me to Camera folder for some reason) message pops up to name my album > type in name and press create > file already exists message
Ok try this. Open My Files and then your SD card and create a folder. Then still in My Files, open another folder with pictures, choose one to copy to the new folder and it should show up in your gallery then as a new album. You can delete the copied picture after you add at least one new pic to it.

b487bf042d18b4ee714c544b5444aa52.jpg

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading "EZ File Explorer". It will do the same thing as the "My Files" app. It is free in the Play Store :).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
it was disabled lol

Kelly you are awesome...I followed the steps and it worked. It's a good work around but too bad I can't just create it like I used to from the gallery...but at least now I got my folder hehe :)))
YAY! Glad it worked.

Since that was disabled, try it in the gallery now and see if that is connected somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech