Hey guys... ever since the update I cannot create new photo albums.

It tells me that file name already exists. I even tried to figure out how to add a folder through X-plore or even just plugged into my computer and can't seem to make it work as it doesn't show on the phone.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Any solutions?

Thanks a tonne!
    06-05-2015 12:51 PM
    Hey guys... ever since the update I cannot create new photo albums.

It tells me that file name already exists. I even tried to figure out how to add a folder through X-plore or even just plugged into my computer and can't seem to make it work as it doesn't show on the phone.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues? Any solutions?

Thanks a tonne!
    When you tap more and create an album it doesn't create it that way? You also have to out a new pictures in the album to keep the album.

Also if you create a new folder with the album name you want, on your SD card from. MY Files, copy and paste a picture from another folder in it, from My Files, it should show up on your gallery.
    06-05-2015 02:14 PM
    When you tap more and create an album it doesn't create it that way? You also have to out a new pictures in the album to keep the album.

Also if you create a new folder with the album name you want, on your SD card from. MY Files, copy and paste a picture from another folder in it, from My Files, it should show up on your gallery.
    Hi Kelly,

When I try to create a new folder, it asks me to name it and once I press 'create' it gives me a message. See attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails I can't create new photo album folders :(-screenshot_2015-06-05-15-17-51.jpg  
    06-05-2015 02:28 PM
    Hi Kelly,

When I try to create a new folder, it asks me to name it and once I press 'create' it gives me a message. See attached image.
    Does it pop it a default name for you when trying to create it through the gallery?
    06-05-2015 02:29 PM
    Wait.. That picture you posted looks like it is in the camera folder..
    06-05-2015 02:30 PM
    My gives me this.. Hot ok, then tap on a picture and tell it to copy to the new album. Then you should be able to rename the album. I can't create new photo album folders :(-uploadfromtaptalk1433532809422.jpg
    06-05-2015 02:33 PM
    Wait.. That picture you posted looks like it is in the camera folder..
    1. it's not a default name... i could put in jibberish and same thing would happen.

2. so these are my steps: Gallery > three dots top right corner > create album > (takes me to Camera folder for some reason) message pops up to name my album > type in name and press create > file already exists message
    06-05-2015 02:35 PM
    1. it's not a default name... i could put in jibberish and same thing would happen.

2. so these are my steps: Gallery > three dots top right corner > create album > (takes me to Camera folder for some reason) message pops up to name my album > type in name and press create > file already exists message
    Ok try this. Open My Files and then your SD card and create a folder. Then still in My Files, open another folder with pictures, choose one to copy to the new folder and it should show up in your gallery then as a new album. You can delete the copied picture after you add at least one new pic to it.

06-05-2015 02:38 PM
    My gives me this.. Hot ok, then tap on a picture and tell it to copy to the new album. Then you should be able to rename the album. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433532809422.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	179953
    it doesn't matter if i leave it with default name.. it just wont create the damn folder lol i dunno why!! this never used to happen (((

see attached =/
    Attached Thumbnails I can't create new photo album folders :(-screenshot_2015-06-05-15-37-06.jpg  
    06-05-2015 02:41 PM
    it doesn't matter if i leave it with default name.. it just wont create the damn folder lol i dunno why!! this never used to happen (((

see attached =/
    Try it from the My Files app and then copy a picture on there and see if that works.
    06-05-2015 02:43 PM
    Ok try this. Open My Files and then your SD card and create a folder. Then still in My Files, open another folder with pictures, choose one to copy to the new folder and it should show up in your gallery then as a new album. You can delete the copied picture after you add at least one new pic to it.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...4b5444aa52.jpg
    k... how do i get to My Files lol I am blanking
    06-05-2015 02:43 PM
    Try it from the My Files app and then copy a picture on there and see if that works.
    Is this pre-installed app? I dont think I have it..... I use X-plore for file management
    06-05-2015 02:44 PM
    k... how do i get to My Files lol I am blanking
    Go to your app drawer and there is an app called My Files. When you open it, choose SD card and then the 3 dot and create folder.
    06-05-2015 02:45 PM
    Is this pre-installed app? I dont think I have it..... I use X-plore for file management
    It has been pre-installed on every Samsung phone I have had.
    06-05-2015 02:47 PM
    Try downloading "EZ File Explorer". It will do the same thing as the "My Files" app. It is free in the Play Store .
    06-05-2015 02:51 PM
    Go to your app drawer and there is an app called My Files. When you open it, choose SD card and then the 3 dot and create folder. https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...24d3b221a5.jpg
    ok I found it on the list when i go to application manager and then ALL but I cant click and open it... it doesn't show anywhere else.
    06-05-2015 02:52 PM
    ok I found it on the list when i go to application manager and then ALL but I cant click and open it... it doesn't show anywhere else.
    You do have an SD card, right?
    06-05-2015 02:54 PM
    And it isn't disabled in the app manager?
    06-05-2015 02:56 PM
    And it isn't disabled in the app manager?
    it was disabled lol

Kelly you are awesome...I followed the steps and it worked. It's a good work around but too bad I can't just create it like I used to from the gallery...but at least now I got my folder hehe ))
    06-05-2015 03:06 PM
    it was disabled lol

Kelly you are awesome...I followed the steps and it worked. It's a good work around but too bad I can't just create it like I used to from the gallery...but at least now I got my folder hehe ))
    YAY! Glad it worked.

Since that was disabled, try it in the gallery now and see if that is connected somehow.
    06-05-2015 03:07 PM
    I have the same problem and can create folders in myfiles however not like we used to in gallery.Sucks actually. I wonder when this changed.
    07-19-2015 03:09 PM
    Hey;

That's because you have albums and pictures in your "Private" mode. so if you activate the private mode, you can easily create albums
    09-14-2015 08:28 AM