popup from m.allstarmobile.mobi is it a virus?

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you install apps from anywhere besides the Play store? If so, I'd definitely look at your most recent installs and start removing them. May even want to do the same with recent apps you got from Play, especially if they are from lesser known/reputable developers.

Run a malware scanner to see of you've picked anything up. Lookout is free and so is Malware Bytes.

Clear your cache and restart your phone.

If none of that works, might be tike for a factory reset. Hopefully others have suggestions to try before you get that far.

Posted via the Android Central App

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Did a little googling and saw that all star mobile appears to sell screen protectors for phones. They have a twitter account but haven't updated it in over 2 months. Their website no longer exists and the domain is up for sale. I'd say they were some shady fly by night retailer that got shut down and maybe you clicked on one of their ads by or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

RO51x

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been getting the "m.allstarmobile.mobi" vibrating chrome popup this past week along with various play store popup's. Also, could be unrelated but recently i've had some random input / app switch lag and GMaps won't stay open with GMusic. Pissing me off. You experiencing any of this?

Airpush detector and similar apps fail to find play store popup's source or they just crash during scan. Top security scans (lookout, avg, malwarebytes) were no help either. So, i'm guessing if a sketchy app did this I probably already deleted it but the problems remain. I just wiped cache so i'll see if that helped. I'll keep looking for suspect files in file explorer and i'll try some other forums.

Please post if you find culprit app/file or some solution. I'll do the same. Oh, I have an S6 Edge running 5.0.2.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This popup keeps opening and resembles a fake Facebook page. It says I've won an item and click to claim my prize.

I've been getting the "m.allstarmobile.mobi" vibrating chrome popup this past week along with various play store popup's. Also, could be unrelated but recently i've had some random input / app switch lag and GMaps won't stay open with GMusic. Pissing me off. You experiencing any of this?

Airpush detector and similar apps fail to find play store popup's source or they just crash during scan. Top security scans (lookout, avg, malwarebytes) were no help either. So, i'm guessing if a sketchy app did this I probably already deleted it but the problems remain. I just wiped cache so i'll see if that helped. I'll keep looking for suspect files in file explorer and i'll try some other forums.

Please post if you find culprit app/file or some solution. I'll do the same. Oh, I have an S6 Edge running 5.0.2.

My guess is some app, could be from the Play Store, has adware or malware installed.

Malwarebytes can be downloaded and might remove the offending file. Also it might mean going backwards in the Play Store (on the all tab) and I installing until you find the app causing this.

RO51x

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My guess is some app, could be from the Play Store, has adware or malware installed.

Malwarebytes can be downloaded and might remove the offending file. Also it might mean going backwards in the Play Store (on the all tab) and I installing until you find the app causing this.

My first post stated that Malwarebytes was no help. However, this morning it pushed me a little more well known scam site via chrome. It is called "androidbox.mobi". It is referenced in the threads below. I also included some links pertaining to what appears to be the same thing yet called "androidcube.mobi". I have opted out of interest based ads and cleared my Chrome history, data, and cache as suggested in the threads below.

edit: still getting popups

fake update notice pops up on android phone
What is this? Androidbox.mobi
How do I stop this androidcube.mobi popup?
androidcube.mobi???
How do I stop this androidcube.mobi popup?
Why am I getting an androidcube.mobi notification?
Can I get some help with this androidcube.mobi issue on my Note 4?
virus issue
Ads randomly pop up on my phone
virus help with my Note 4
I'm not sure what's wrong with my phone, I keep getting these weird popups.

Last edited:

JBrown336

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Im having the same problems. The same exact pop ups are coming through my phone. I'll let you know if I find how to get rid of it. So far nothing is working. I might have to factory reset.

Christopher Holmes1

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've been suffering a while. Went into settings-apps earlier and disabled two options. Basic Daydreams and Android Work Assistant. Very small and never used. Had no pop up since. But only talking three hrs or so. But the pop up appeared as soon as I woke up phone. Mines a Nexus 6.

RO51x

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been suffering a while. Went into settings-apps earlier and disabled two options. Basic Daydreams and Android Work Assistant. Very small and never used. Had no pop up since. But only talking three hrs or so. But the pop up appeared as soon as I woke up phone. Mines a Nexus 6.

I don't have android work assistant and basic daydreams seems to be a stock apk for daydream function (per a quick google search).

RO51x

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Well guys I got a new popup today. I researched it and found it was from an app called "Simple MP3". Sure enough, I had it! Just uninstalled. I'll update if I get any more popups.

UPDATE: Still no popups! Look for this app and delete if you have it.

Last edited:

Clone1626

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got a popup similar to this today, with the link starting as "m.allstar.mobi" and also on a site I used many times before with no trouble, fanfiction.net. I simply backed out of it and it went away, and my browser history suggested I was redirected as soon as going to fanfiction.net. My only recently installed app would be Goat Simulator by Coffee Stain Studios. I doubt this game gave me any form of virus, but I did recently get another popup, the FBI ATTENTION Moneypak scam. This could have possibly given me a virus, but I don't want to reset to factory defaults until I am entirely sure. Also, to make this clear, this is on a Kindle. I also, for a long time now before these specifc pop ups appeared, the Amazon Store app has been opened many times without me opening, with several items baving been browsed through which I never did. Stuff like shaving blades and such.

steven guest1

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, malwarebytes,lookout, avg all either miss it or crash.
i suspect virus,
someone said about simple mp3 that rings a bell with me too so i am going to uninstall and keep you all posted too.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, malwarebytes,lookout, avg all either miss it or crash.
i suspect virus,
someone said about simple mp3 that rings a bell with me too so i am going to uninstall and keep you all posted too.

I also had simple mp3 pro, just deleted. Hopefully that fixes the problem. I thought Google was supposed to catch these problems now.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Old Wolf

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Very same problem here, but didn't begin until the latest Android system update on July 31, so I figured that was the culprit. Was promptly schooled by an Android developer, so I guess I've picked up the same nonsense from an App. Likewise here, Malwarebytes is finding nothing, so it may be time for a factory reset as much as I hate the thought. Fortunately most of my good stuff is on my external card.