06-08-2015 09:07 PM
32 12
tools
    To me Google is doing the same thing w/ the M OS MS is w/ Windows 10, correcting the mistakes they made in Win 8 & introducing new features.

When you say every OS has been a major improvement over the previous one I totally disagree. Removing basic functionality is an improvement?? The removal of icons in the taskbar area on the lockscreen is akin to the removal of start in Win 8. Making the notifications so large you have to dismiss some to read others is not a major improvement it's a major pain. Not being able to dismiss a vm notification w/o listening to the vm (or at least a small part of it) is not a major improvement it's a drawback. For the way I use my phone there is absolutely nothing about Lollipop that is a major improvement, only reduced basic functionality & major problems like no fast charge in my car anymore & can't answer an incoming call on the speakerphone.

Google isn't "thinking" on an abstract corporate level one of their spokespersons is stating M will correct the reduced battery life Lollipop has. That is a direct commentary on Lollipop (as direct as it could possibly be) as well as a vision of the future.
    06-07-2015 07:52 PM
    I didn't like the removal of the start button, but many were fine with it.

I dismiss all my voicemail notifications. If your voicemail notification isn't going away, you need to talk to AT&T, that is a network issue. I've had it happen once after lollipop, several times before lollipop. Each time, I called 611 and had it removed.

No control over the heads up notifications is not good and many have complained.

The entire point two was made, way back.. Google is releasing M at the normal time. The timing has zero to do with Google saying that Lollipop is bad.

Battery life has been corrected with other upgrades also. Everyone isn't having battery life issues with Lollipop.
    06-07-2015 11:13 PM
    I suppose when the OP asked "Any thoughts?" they sorta asked for it but this thread.... I wonder if they got anything useful out of the replies LOL.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2015 11:22 PM
    I suppose when the OP asked "Any thoughts?" they sorta asked for it but this thread.... I wonder if they got anything useful out of the replies LOL.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully they did. People either hate Lollipop or are fine with it, but even all issues aren't Lollipop issues. Also there are carrier issues that aren't Lollipop, but things carriers have added or removed.

The OP's issue has more to do with Comcast IMO, that has been a known issue with Lollipop, nit the Note 4 and that is Comcast, not Lollipop.

Just like Windows and drivers have to be updated many times with new OS releases, and all companies don't do it in a timely manner.
    06-07-2015 11:31 PM
    Many thanks to all. I took the phone back. AT&T person said lots of people have no issues but a lot do have. I had a choice of replacing it with another phone the same model. This phone is much better in most respects to but still so mysteries like whcome st emails come through but not all.
    06-08-2015 12:52 AM
    Many thanks to all. I took the phone back. AT&T person said lots of people have no issues but a lot do have. I had a choice of replacing it with another phone the same model. This phone is much better in most respects to but still so mysteries like whcome st emails come through but not all.
    I would suggest you start a thread with the questions and issues you have.

Remember, you can set up all notifications, some notifications or no notifications. The phone is highly customizable and between users and team members, there is bound to be someone that knows how to get what action you want.

I'm very familiar with AT&T and some tricks to get to people higher up the chain, I've been with them for years. I'm still learning about my Note 4, but I'm also very familiar with Samsung and dealing with them. I have only owned Samsung phones since the Galaxy S came out.

There is still a Comcast issue with Lollipop, but there are many people on here with Comcast and know many fixes and work around if you are still having issues.
    06-08-2015 01:23 AM
    Today, my Lollipop battery on my AT&T Note 4. I generally get about 16 to 18 hours, but have used my phone heavily today. As you can see, Lollipop hasn't ruined my battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails Please advise: Just got Note 4 last night with AT&T. Many issues. Lemon or ??-1433815590994.jpg   Please advise: Just got Note 4 last night with AT&T. Many issues. Lemon or ??-1433815622635.jpg   Please advise: Just got Note 4 last night with AT&T. Many issues. Lemon or ??-1433815633733.jpg  
    06-08-2015 09:07 PM
32 12