Hope I Made the Right Choice.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I've been using my Note2 for over 2 years. Love it. Been wanting to get the Note4 for some time now.
But it just won't drop in price.
Still $700. I really don't like how expensive we've Allowed these phones to get.
Well, the Nexus 6 just went on sale for $500. I bit the bullet. Should be here next week.
I'm anxious, but still kinda concerned if I made the right choice.
On my Note2, I very rarely use the S-Pen. The Note2 doesn't have the 1-Handed mode like the GN4.
Multi-Window was something I really liked, but didn't use it much either.
I've been a fighter for the Swappable Battery and Expandable Storage of the Galaxy series, so we'll see.
I sure hope I made the right choice.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Note2 for over 2 years. Love it. Been wanting to get the Note4 for some time now.
But it just won't drop in price.
Still $700. I really don't like how expensive we've Allowed these phones to get.
Well, the Nexus 6 just went on sale for $500. I bit the bullet. Should be here next week.
I'm anxious, but still kinda concerned if I made the right choice.
On my Note2, I very rarely use the S-Pen. The Note2 doesn't have the 1-Handed mode like the GN4.
Multi-Window was something I really liked, but didn't use it much either.
I've been a fighter for the Swappable Battery and Expandable Storage of the Galaxy series, so we'll see.
I sure hope I made the right choice.

In my experience, if you question your choice you have made the wrong one. And settling is seldom a good choice. Your mileage may vary.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If ok for the budget and it turns out you end up missing the Note capabilities, you could still keep the Nexus 6 as a WiFi phablet for around the house, and then go for the Note 4 if the price drops later; or wait for a Note 5. The Nexus 6 could be a good backup phone, or if you are into root/custom ROMs, then could use the N6 for that.

Last edited:

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 6 is a great device.

I have the Note 4 and I have debated returning it for the Nexus 6 multiple times, but right around the corner we'll have the next Nexus and the next Note. I'm waiting to see if Samsung fixes the bugs with the Note 4. You can't go wrong with either one.

Note 4 - functionality, camera and battery (replacement) / storage.
Nexus 6 - speed, fluidity and updates.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have both and switch back and forth every day. I cannot decide which to keep. Both have some nice things over the other, and both have things not as nice as the other.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I have both and switch back and forth every day. I cannot decide which to keep. Both have some nice things over the other, and both have things not as nice as the other.

Yeah, it's your posts in the Nexus 6 forums that helped me with my choice. Even if I was to like them both equally, I was having a hard time justifying paying an extra $200 for the Note4.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

That's probably a very good way of putting it. I really would like to have a Nexus 6 but I don't think I want to give up my S-pen. It really comes down to what you value the most. For now, I am willing to live with a little bitbless smooth of an experience in order to gain features. That could change though.

Sent from my Note 4

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Going from a Note 2 to a 4 will be like night and day difference. You'll enjoy it. I'm waiting to see what the Note 5 brings in September.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 3, and now the Note 4. I'm waiting to see what Samsung does with the Note 5. There were big improvements from the Note 3 to the Note 4, so the improvements from the N2 to the N4 are probably really huge. The S-Pen is really great, even if you don't use all its capabilities. But it's really the phone itself that sold me. I looked at the Nexus 6 also, but it just didn't do it for me. As I said, I'm waiting to see what they do with the Note 5. I definitely want the replaceable battery and micro SD card options. If they do away with those, I'll either keep my N4 or switch to the LG G4. (BTW, have you considered that one?) My question is did you demo the Nexus 6 and the Note 4 before making your decision?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Had the Note 2 and the 3. Note 4 was great till Lollipop. Hope the update fixes my issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair