Does any one know if the genuine battery works in the fake phone. I got ripped off and spent $300 on Kijiji Toronto and I will be dammed if I won't use it because that is a lot of money for this old gal. The phone works good enough for me simple texting and emergency calls only or calling home etc...
    The worst thing that is obvious to this light user is the battery life and I am not used to charging my phone every few hours. I am hopeful that a new genuine battery will help that situation.

Why not use the phone instead if you get stuck with a rip off?

ALSO can anyone tell me if doing a factory reset would be helpful to battery life,,the previous person had so many things installed it seems compared to what is normal I think.

Thanks for your consideration, please try to help me with the answers.Hoping it will make my stupid mistake of buying a fake a little more reasonable.
    06-07-2015 08:49 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I can't say for certain if the legitimate battery will work in a clone. My guess would be no. However, you do have a couple options: 1. try buying the legit battery on, say, Amazon. When you get it, compare it to your old one, i.e., size, shape, where the connection pins are located, etc. Compare all sides. Or, 2. you can try searching the net for a battery matching your model number. Best place for that is Settings>about device.

A reset should get rid of all the user apps, and possibly help with battery life.

Hope that helps.
    giia likes this.
    06-07-2015 09:02 AM
    Does anyone know for sure before I waste more money on this fake phone for batteries
    06-07-2015 05:03 PM
    Does anyone know for sure before I waste more money on this fake phone for batteries
    You probably won't have much luck getting an answer since I'm sure, very few people would ever have one of these.
    giia and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    06-07-2015 10:16 PM
    Does any one know if the genuine battery works in the fake phone. I got ripped off and spent $300 on Kijiji Toronto and I will be dammed if I won't use it because that is a lot of money for this old gal. The phone works good enough for me simple texting and emergency calls only or calling home etc...
    The worst thing that is obvious to this light user is the battery life and I am not used to charging my phone every few hours. I am hopeful that a new genuine battery will help that situation.

ALSO can anyone tell me if doing a factory reset would be helpful to battery life,,the previous person had so many things installed it seems compared to what is normal I think.

Thanks for your consideration, please try to help me with the answers.Hoping it will make my stupid mistake of buying a fake a little more reasonable.
    If I were in your shoes, I'd take my lumps and buy a new phone. Sucks throwing away $300 like that, but sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. Chalk this one up for the bear.

If you don't have the money to shell out for a legitimate smartphone, then drop $20 on a basic flip phone. You can call and text with that too and it'll take up far less space in your pocket.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:28 AM

I hope you reported them. The cops can get the info from the ad to track the person down. The company will only give the cops the info with a police report filed. You might can work out a deal to get your money back for you not pressing charges.

http://help.kijiji.ca/helpdesk/safet...e-been-scammed
    giia and belodion like this.
    06-08-2015 03:22 AM
    I bought my brother a genuine Sansung battery for his fake S5 and it didn't even fit in the slot! My dad had to bring out some handy man tools to try wedge it in. The battery isn't completely in but still works to turn the phone on. It doesn't increase battery life though.
    giia likes this.
    06-08-2015 04:30 AM
    I think you should contact your seller to get a refund or go to the police because the experience you get on that chinese ripoff phone is miles away from what you get from the authentic. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother with the fake as the components aren't as good/fast and enjoyable as the original. Here's some pros about the note 4 that you might want to take advantage over your fake note 4 :

1. S-pen because that's what the note's serie is about
    2. Incredible battery (I get about 6-7 screen on time) and lasts about 24h
    3. Sharp display
    4.Fast phone (despite that touchwiz lag sometimes)
    5.Absolutely stunning camera !
    6. multiwindow for multitasking
    7. the list goes on but you have an idea ...
    06-08-2015 12:03 PM
    Miller, Bear in mind this post is about the battery and being able to use it not waste it and use a flip phone, seriously insulted with that.
    Krack-Berri likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:48 PM
    I think you should contact your seller to get a refund or go to the police because the experience you get on that chinese ripoff phone is miles away from what you get from the authentic. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother with the fake as the components aren't as good/fast and enjoyable as the original. Here's some pros about the note 4 that you might want to take advantage over your fake note 4 :

1. S-pen because that's what the note's serie is about
    2. Incredible battery (I get about 6-7 screen on time) and lasts about 24h
    3. Sharp display
    4.Fast phone (despite that touchwiz lag sometimes)
    5.Absolutely stunning camera !
    6. multiwindow for multitasking
    7. the list goes on but you have an idea ...
    I get all of the above but the battery life if you have never ran a fake phone you would not know now would you ?
    06-08-2015 01:53 PM
    I get all of the above but the battery life if you have never ran a fake phone you would not know now would you ?
    Usually the fake phones aren't as good as the genuine one since they use cheaper parts so they can advertise it at the cheaper price.

Honestly as others said we wouldn't really know about fake phones and what batteries work with them. As Golf said I would buy an OEM battery from somewhere like Amazon with a good return policy. This way you can see if it works. If it doesn't you could then return it.
    Aquila, Golfdriver97 and giia like this.
    06-08-2015 03:14 PM
    For your consideration I appreciate all comments. I have found my solution and it is very positive for my needs.
    I did order a genuine battery from Samsung it fits a little tighter and bulkier than the fake battery which results in the case not fitting right. But whats most important is I left my phone on over night on ultra low power and it is still 98% battery this morning.Case needs a little tweaking but that is a small issue and my phone is now very very useable for less than 1/4 of the cost of genuine.

Happy Happy
    06-11-2015 08:41 AM
    Miller, Bear in mind this post is about the battery and being able to use it not waste it and use a flip phone, seriously insulted with that.
    Sensitive much? You asked for advice and opinions and you got them. Not all are going to be to your liking. Opinions and advice are going to be based on the amount of info that YOU provide. Your op said that the phone is good for simple texting (not sure what "simple texting" is, but ok), making emergency calls, and calling home. Given that extremely limited amount of functionality, yes, you'd be just as well off with a flip phone.

Next time, perhaps you could be more accurate with the info you provide. This will result in you receiving the kind of advice you're actually looking for.

Good luck with your fake phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2015 11:14 AM