Samsung

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
So I emailed Samsung about my dismay since the Lollipop update. I will lose certain icons and turning phone back on gets them back. The device will freeze and crash. I have done a factory reset twice. I have contacted Verizon. I don't want a refurbished because that will not take care of the issue. I know its Lollipop. They reply and its redundant telling ne to do a factory reset and I can also send the device directly to them or have Verizon replace it.
No answers about an update to Lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
As much as I love my Note 4, and loved my Note 3, Lollipop was a MASSIVE step backwards in stability for Android right when they couldn't afford a misstep. Apple had faltered with iOS7 and Android had a chance to drive the dagger deeper. They failed. Miserably. And M doesn't seem to be any better.

I find myself using my iphone more than my Note at this point. Is that Google and Samsung's goal?

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I emailed Samsung about my dismay since the Lollipop update. I will lose certain icons and turning phone back on gets them back. The device will freeze and crash. I have done a factory reset twice. I have contacted Verizon. I don't want a refurbished because that will not take care of the issue. I know its Lollipop. They reply and its redundant telling ne to do a factory reset and I can also send the device directly to them or have Verizon replace it.
No answers about an update to Lollipop.

Are you not located in a country where you can call?

Also sending it to Samsung can work wonders. They don't just reflash, they remove the OS and put it back on and check it top to bottom in case there is an unknown issue.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I live in AZ. I wasn't really asking a question. Just venting my frustrations with Lollipop.
I can't send my device to Samsung . I can't be without my device.
I may just have to bite the bullet and get a refurbished

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I live in AZ. I wasn't really asking a question. Just venting my frustrations with Lollipop.

It might be worth it to just go buy a cheap flip phone to use while the phone is at Samsung.

Another thing you can so is get your company to send you a phone, you usually have 10 days to return it or your old phone and most will give you some time. Get Samsung to do a return ticket they will send you a UPS label via email.

When you get the refurb, send your phone to Samsung. Then get your phone back from Samsung and send the refurb back to your carrier. If you are a day or two over the time, generally just takes a call to the carrier.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues with my Note 3 update to 4.4.2. My phone worked perfect before the update. After the update, my phone couldn't maintain a signal and that was killing my battery as well. I couldn't even send text messages most of the time. Since it was under a year, they sent me a CLN device (refurb) and everything was fine after that. Some phones just don't take the updates well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Some apps acting up too and most likely due to it. Anyone having issues with Facebook? I have uninstalled numerous times. Have emailed them...no response

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's always a good idea to go to Best Buy and do the update there rather than WiFi.

Also what I do for all updates is reset, update and reset again, no exceptions. I never have an issue with an update. I have updated at least 7 phones in the last 4 years.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I used to love my Note 4 after the update I could not use it anymore. The lag was unbearable I had to sell it and get a different device.

I am really really pissed because I enjoyed that device so much before the update.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did the reset as well. Twice.

Yours is another issue.

Yes there is a problem with Facebook, it is updating outside of the Play Store. There is a thread about it. I was able to catch the files that caused the auto update as my phone was updating to Lollipop.

Facebook knows about this issue, I have spoken directly with a couple of Facebook developers. Samsung also knows about this issue, I filed a ticket.

These are the two files that will show up as downloaded apps. Some people can only see them right after it updated the first time. Also of you don't use the Facebook app, you need to disable it or it will just keep updating, even if you don't log into it.

Attachments

• 1433820045448.jpg
    1433820045448.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 69

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
As much as I love my Note 4, and loved my Note 3, Lollipop was a MASSIVE step backwards in stability for Android right when they couldn't afford a misstep. Apple had faltered with iOS7 and Android had a chance to drive the dagger deeper. They failed. Miserably. And M doesn't seem to be any better.

I find myself using my iphone more than my Note at this point. Is that Google and Samsung's goal?

-Shawn

It seems that the problems are mainly on Verizon. I have been lucky enough to say I have had no issues with Lollipop at all. I even have great battery life! These problems very well could be caused by the carriers' tweaks.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My issue is with reception. It has been horrible since updating to lollipop. I can't even talk on the phone inside my house after the update.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Some apps acting up too and most likely due to it. Anyone having issues with Facebook? I have uninstalled numerous times. Have emailed them...no response

Yes... Facebook has become virtually unusable recently. But it worked after my lollipop update which leads me to believe that is simply an issue with Facebook itself.

-Shawn

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I installed Lollipop on my Note 4 and it has improved it's performance for me. Not a huge improvement, sort of like going from 300hp to 325hp. car. Just a bit more zip and longer battery life. I should mention I'm on Sprint and no issues with any apps, Facebook included.