I will try hard not to make this an "anti-Note4" rant...

I'm a big fan of my Note4. I had a Note2 previously and loved it.

But, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the "new and improved" S-Note app. Maybe I'm just dumb (it's certainly possible), but I feel like this app is a HUGE step backwards from the S-Memo app that my Note2 had.

Problem #1 - One of the greatest, Greatest, GREATEST features (one I demo'd to people every single day on my Note2) was the pop-up note feature. Take out the stylus, the note app opens, jot down "Eat at Joe's", and return the stylus to its hole. The app would automatically save the note and close. Boom.

The "new and improved" app doesn't save. I can get it to pop up the app when I take out the stylus, I can jot a note down but, when I return the stylus to the cubby, nothing happens. I have to add TWO additional steps now - I have to save the note, and I have to close the app (before I put the stylus away).

Am I missing something here? Is there some "works intelligently / works idiotically" toggle in the app that I've get set wrong?

Problem #2 - Another thing that was dead-simple on my Note2. I want to create a document (image/file/whatever) with TWO pictures on it. Again, on the Note2, I'd open up a blank memo, paste a picture in, crop it, then simply paste another picture in on the same page.

For the life of me, I can't see any way to do that with the S-Note app on the Note4. I can create a new document, I can paste an image onto the page (shrunk and cropped, etc) but, whenever I try to stick a second picture on the page, it creates a new page, and sticks the new image on page 2! No, I want it on page 1...with the first picture. Basically, I want to create a collage.

Help!!!

P.S. This is my 4th Android phone, my second Note, and I've had this for like 9 months - NOT a newbie here.
    06-11-2015 08:44 AM

But, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the "new and improved" S-Note app. Maybe I'm just dumb (it's certainly possible), but I feel like this app is a HUGE step backwards from the S-Memo app that my Note2 had.

Problem #1 - One of the greatest, Greatest, GREATEST features (one I demo'd to people every single day on my Note2) was the pop-up note feature. Take out the stylus, the note app opens, jot down "Eat at Joe's", and return the stylus to its hole. The app would automatically save the note and close. Boom.

The "new and improved" app doesn't save. I can get it to pop up the app when I take out the stylus, I can jot a note down but, when I return the stylus to the cubby, nothing happens. I have to add TWO additional steps now - I have to save the note, and I have to close the app (before I put the stylus away).

Am I missing something here? Is there some "works intelligently / works idiotically" toggle in the app that I've get set wrong?

Problem #2 - Another thing that was dead-simple on my Note2. I want to create a document (image/file/whatever) with TWO pictures on it. Again, on the Note2, I'd open up a blank memo, paste a picture in, crop it, then simply paste another picture in on the same page.

For the life of me, I can't see any way to do that with the S-Note app on the Note4. I can create a new document, I can paste an image onto the page (shrunk and cropped, etc) but, whenever I try to stick a second picture on the page, it creates a new page, and sticks the new image on page 2! No, I want it on page 1...with the first picture. Basically, I want to create a collage.

Help!!!

P.S. This is my 4th Android phone, my second Note, and I've had this for like 9 months - NOT a newbie here.
    This article might help you some. I used the pop up on my Note 2 the same way. It is a little different now, but does so much more.

https://www.androidpit.com/best-gala...s-pen-features
    06-11-2015 09:52 AM

The Note 4 is my first Note. This sounds like a great feature for the Action Memo. I wish it would do that. That would be very handy. At least they could have left it as a setting to turn on/off.

So many apps on smartphones save data automatically. That's what people expect.

I'm with you on this one.
    06-11-2015 11:01 AM
    When you remove the spen, you can choose the action memo to pop up.
    Attached Thumbnails S-Note / S-Memo-1434036350734.jpg  
    06-11-2015 11:25 AM