12-20-2015 05:39 PM
46 12
tools
    I have the same issues with this laggy POS. I am doing a factory reset today hopefully it fixes it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I was thinking about trying a factory reset as well. Please post your findings

Posted from my AT&T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App
    06-15-2015 09:18 PM
    I was thinking about trying a factory reset as well. Please post your findings

I find that downgrading to Kit Kat gets rid of the problems as I factory reseted mines a few times when I was on Lollipop
    06-15-2015 10:45 PM
    Via Odin and reflashung firmware. I don't remember which post i went to but You'll find more details downgrading on XDA forums. There is one post with the stock AT&T Kit Kat Note 4 Firmware and there is another post on directions on how to downgrading on the Verizon Note 4 but the steps for the AT&T version are the same.
    Yes.. no more bluetooth skip here either. Going back to Kit Kat fixed most everything really.. I have a Verizon N4. For the Verizon N4 there is also a way to stop the constant harassment to download the lol-pop update. I found it in xda.

06-16-2015 12:18 AM
    How did you revert back to KitKat? I have an ATT Note 4 and I'd love to go back without rooting.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...1-ota-t3063452
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    06-16-2015 01:10 AM
    Yes.. no more bluetooth skip here either. Going back to Kit Kat fixed most everything really.. I have a Verizon N4. For the Verizon N4 there is also a way to stop the constant harassment to download the lol-pop update. I found it in xda.

How?
    06-16-2015 01:11 AM
    I did a factory reset on lollipop 5.0 and the same lag came back.
    on my brand new Note 4 I've got lag on Chrome, switching apps and recent app list. Even with no animation in Dev menu and the phone still feels like struggling. Not the same happens with my OnePlus One which is blazing fast.
    07-18-2015 05:17 PM
    I read an article about memory boosters & it basically said not to use them. I only kill apps once in a while & deleted clean master & my G-Note 4 runs smooth as silk. No lag... No hesitation

07-18-2015 05:23 PM
    I'm getting lag from the gallery (10-12 second waits), on Lollipop I was getting 4-5 second delays while multitasking
    I can certainly understand your point of view and dismay at your phone. If my N4 lagged this much, I would be posting vicious comments here.

Many problems can be caused by other apps... even if they're disabled and not running. Even constant syncing can cause problems... especially if there's some problem with the files being synced. Also, since this whopping delay concerns the gallery, I would check to make sure your SD card is not at fault (if you're saving photos to your SD card). Try swapping the card, reseating it, or removing it entirely.

As a last recommendation, unfortunately, you really need to factory reset the phone, don't install any apps, and see if the lag is still present. If it is, you should talk to whoever you bought the phone from and see if you can get a replacement. At the very least, go down to see them so they can have a look at it.

Good luck!
    07-18-2015 06:33 PM
    I can certainly understand your point of view and dismay at your phone. If my N4 lagged this much, I would be posting vicious comments here.

Many problems can be caused by other apps... even if they're disabled and not running. Even constant syncing can cause problems... especially if there's some problem with the files being synced. Also, since this whopping delay concerns the gallery, I would check to make sure your SD card is not at fault (if you're saving photos to your SD card). Try swapping the card, reseating it, or removing it entirely.

As a last recommendation, unfortunately, you really need to factory reset the phone, don't install any apps, and see if the lag is still present. If it is, you should talk to whoever you bought the phone from and see if you can get a replacement. At the very least, go down to see them so they can have a look at it.

Good luck!
    All good recommendations. I've done them all. I've reset maybe 4 or 5 times?? Some times without even installing any apps but the basics like using the email and messaging apps. Still, the same thing. I found 4.4.4 to be the best but it still lagged a lot. Since then I have changed to the nexus 6 and the LG G4. Nexus 6 battery life was not good even after rooting and clearing a lot. Awesome phone, really. But I'm sticking with the LG G4. Fantastic battery, great screen, and superb camera. Really, those are the things I need most. I have 2 of them at home both European models and neither have any issues... I'm a happy camper! I hope samsung fixes those issues because they left a sour taste in my mouth...

Best of luck to you all ☺

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    07-19-2015 01:49 AM
    My toddler "fixed" mine by putting it in the washing machine. I swore a LOT but then the insurance company said it wasn't repairable and asked if I'd like a replacement or a cheque.

Spent the money on an iPhone (sorry folks) and now I have no lagging, overheating, random battery drain, crashing, Bluetooth or any other issues!

I completely appreciate that I've probably been very unlucky but every single Android phone that I've owned has suffered to some extent from ****ty half arsed updates.
    I want to love Android, I really do, but above all I just want my phone to work properly without rooting, factory resetting or tinkering of any kind. I just have better things to be spending my time on because it's just a phone FFS.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent!
    07-19-2015 03:02 AM
    All good recommendations. I've done them all. I've reset maybe 4 or 5 times?? Some times without even installing any apps but the basics like using the email and messaging apps. Still, the same thing. I found 4.4.4 to be the best but it still lagged a lot. Since then I have changed to the nexus 6 and the LG G4. Nexus 6 battery life was not good even after rooting and clearing a lot. Awesome phone, really. But I'm sticking with the LG G4. Fantastic battery, great screen, and superb camera. Really, those are the things I need most. I have 2 of them at home both European models and neither have any issues... I'm a happy camper! I hope samsung fixes those issues because they left a sour taste in my mouth...

Best of luck to you all ☺

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    I've been thinking about bailing on my G-Note 4 & getting an LG G4 as well. I've read the Lg screen is more visible outside than the note 4. Can u give your opinion on that, please?

07-19-2015 10:14 AM
    I've been thinking about bailing on my G-Note 4 & getting an LG G4 as well. I've read the Lg screen is more visible outside than the note 4. Can u give your opinion on that, please?

It's quite good. I can't compare it to the Note 4 anymore just because since the Note 4 I had a Nexus 6. Also different times of the year, so... All I can say is that both the Note 4 and LG G4 have very good outdoor visibility.

I can tell you that I like the G4 more because the Note 4 jumped into that super high brightness and it made the screen look washed out. The G4 doesn't at all.
    07-19-2015 04:46 PM
    My toddler "fixed" mine by putting it in the washing machine. I swore a LOT but then the insurance company said it wasn't repairable and asked if I'd like a replacement or a cheque.

Spent the money on an iPhone (sorry folks) and now I have no lagging, overheating, random battery drain, crashing, Bluetooth or any other issues!

I completely appreciate that I've probably been very unlucky but every single Android phone that I've owned has suffered to some extent from ****ty half arsed updates.
    I want to love Android, I really do, but above all I just want my phone to work properly without rooting, factory resetting or tinkering of any kind. I just have better things to be spending my time on because it's just a phone FFS.

I could not agree more with your rant. My whole family have iPhone and I've always stayed with android since leaving blackberry. And I love the spen here and there. But the bluetooth and stutter / lag issues are just so irritating. I recently had to buy an ipad for work related reasons. And I've realized that with the ipad i dont need to read forums or try to figure out tech issues. I just use the device. Having to research and hassle with going back to KK, because I couldn't listen to music with Bluetooth without skipping, has put me over the edge and I'll likely move away from android.

07-20-2015 07:54 AM

Enjoy your iPhone. I've tried the iPhone 6+ and it is a tad slower than my Note 4. The 'multi tasking' on iPhones is horrible as well but if you are someone who doesn't like to tinker with your device the iPhone is the way to go. I enjoy the customization options on Android too much to switch. I like having a phone that i can make unique.
    07-20-2015 10:45 AM
    Will probably be selling this note 4, the bluetooth skipping, and the lag is a bit too much.
    07-20-2015 10:48 AM
    Enjoy your iPhone. I've tried the iPhone 6+ and it is a tad slower than my Note 4. The 'multi tasking' on iPhones is horrible as well but if you are someone who doesn't like to tinker with your device the iPhone is the way to go. I enjoy the customization options on Android too much to switch. I like having a phone that i can make unique.
    The thing is that I do like to tinker.
    I like to tinker to make it better, optimise and personalise but it's 2015 - I shouldn't have to do it just to make it work properly. That's the frustration.

I actually like the iPhone more than I expected, but I'll always prefer the idea of Android.

Bottom line is though that my smartphone has become such an integral part of everyday life that reliability is by far and away the most important thing to consider.
    That and not having a sweaty pocket every time I put my phone in it because it runs hot all of the time!

It was just time to vote with my feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-20-2015 10:56 AM
    BTW is there a fix for the bluetooth volume going down?

07-20-2015 03:37 PM
    I experienced this really bad lag also on my Note 4. I would say it started around two updates ago. I am now on 5.1.1. Prior to these updates, I never had any real issues with lag.

Anyway, the lag was most noticeable when using Messages. Just trying to type a text was a nightmare.

Two things I did that help relieve the lag in Messages.

1) Delete a lot of old and unnecessary message threads. They are all taking up cache resources.

2) Settings > Messages > Delete Old Messages
    a) Turn On
    b) Text Message Limit from 200 to 150
    c) Chat Message Limit from 200 to 150

Well I hope this helps.
    12-15-2015 12:23 PM
    I have a note 4 on AT&T and the thing that I think may be your issue is the contact app tries to connect to AT&T contact service. Make sure you do not connect to this. If you do, it will always try to connect to it and this takes a like 30 seconds or so. I think the first time this comes up, if you cancel the connection, it will not try to connect anymore and you should not have any lag at all for the contacts app.
    Mine is fine and has no lag.
    12-15-2015 01:08 PM
    I tried the iPhone once. Yes, it never gave me any problems but it was so bland and limited I paid the early termination penalty to get back to Android with the Note 4. Best phone decision I ever made!
    12-15-2015 10:03 PM
    I purchased my Note 4 in January and have never experienced the slightest bit of lag since I have owned it. I also used to own the Note 3 and never had any lag on it either.
    Before someone responds with a smart remark. I know exactly what lag is and how to recognize it.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4
    12-20-2015 05:39 PM
46 12