dropped galaxy note 4 and it turns on but screen black. I have new phone and want to transfer data from the broken one
    06-12-2015 07:41 AM
    dropped galaxy note 4 and it turns on but screen black. I have new phone and want to transfer data from the broken one
    Have you tried taking both phones into your carrier to see if they can transfer all of your data? I'm thinking that it will be difficult to do since the screen doesn't light up on your old phone, but I'm far from an expert so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Hopefully you have important data, like your contacts, synced with Google. That will allow for a simple transition to your new phone. Just sync google contacts on the new phone and they should all be there.

As for getting pics/movies/music/documents from the old phone, you'll probably have to use something like Android File Transfer or Air Droid so that you can move those files from your old phone to your Mac/PC and then plug in the new phone and transfer from Mac/PC to phone.
    06-12-2015 01:01 PM
    Had the same problem some time ago.
    If you want your contacts and all the personal data, you should try Kies or Smartswitch. These two are made by Samsung for Samsung phones, so you only need to connect it to your computer via USB and open the app. There is a Backup / Restore button on the of the app window. There you will pick what data to backup and that's it. THen you can restore your data to a new phone.
    07-09-2015 04:24 AM