A Little Help?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I have a Note 3. Pictcure quality is not a big deal to me. I am on VZW. Can someone enumerate reasons I would want to buy a note 4? In what ways ia it better than note 3. What does 4 do that my old 3 does not? Thanks!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
First, a quick hardware comparison:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Phone specs comparison

Big beats: The Note 4 has a higher-resolution screen, a higher-resolution pair of cameras, optical image stabilization on the camera, a better/faster processor set, better noise cancellation, a fingerprint scanner.

In addition to those, there are improvements in S-Pen and its features, and of course it will get Android upgrades for a year longer since it's a year newer.

The Note 3 is still an excellent phone. If none of the above improvements excite you, I'd wait until the Note 5 comes out and choose between that or a (by then) greatly-reduced-price Note 4. :)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
natehoy covered the key differences/improvements well. I'm also on Verizon, and have as good as or better than coverage compared to the Note 3 - if that's an important factor for you. Mileage will vary for coverage based upon many factors, but overall its been good.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help and suggestions! Note 5 will only have 1 radio like all new android phones. This means in 3g vzw has no simultaneous voice and data. N4 the last with 2 radios

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the note 4 have Qi ? I wish somebody discounted brand new vzw note 4. I have unlimited data so I pay full price for phones. Vzw charges full price even for older model phones. They never go on sale and I do not trust used phones.

Last edited: