I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge from Verizon. Everything worked fine on the phone until one day a problem just occurred and even with the help of Verizon’s tech support, I haven’t been able to resolve it. The problem is whenever I receive an incoming call, the caller cannot hear a tone when I press anyone of my dial pad keys. This makes it impossible to proceed through an automated system that requires you to press certain numbers in order to advance. NOTE … I only experience this problem on incoming calls! If I initiate the phone call, the party I’ve called can hear a tone whenever I press a key on my dial pad. That means I can place a call to an automatic system and proceed through it by pressing the keys necessary to reach my desired destination.
    Verizon’s tech support suggested that I reset my phone to its new, out of the box condition. I did that and it didn’t fix the problem. I tried starting the phone in safe mode, thus taking any 3rd party apps out of the equation and that didn’t help. I tried changing the DTMF setting from normal to long and that made no difference. Finally Verizon sent me out a new phone and that didn’t fix the problem. And last but not least, Verizon gave me a new sim card, which still didn’t fix the problem. Now I have all new hardware and the same old problem! Verizon keeps bumping me up the tech assist ladder, but so far no one has come up with a solution.
    If anyone has any ideas, thoughts or suggestions that would help to solve this mystery, I would be eternally grateful!
    Thanks in advance!
    06-13-2015 03:45 PM