05-03-2020 12:09 PM
58 123
tools
    Well, it had a high resolution display because of the Gear VR. I love my Note 9 and the Gear VR, using it every other weekend to dive in other worlds . I honestly cannot imagine what it would look like if it had a lower resolution display. Also with new models (I think starting with the Note 5), you can adjust the screen resolution to lower if you do not use the maximum resolution. But look at other brands today, they are almost all using higher than Full HD resolutions and they have no virtual reality support!
    Not sure you going get much response on a 5 year old thread .
    05-03-2020 09:28 AM
    Haha I know I'm all good without a response. I stumbled upon this by searching for a topic, it was like one of the only two results. So if someone else reads the thread I want them to know that higher than full HD resolution is not a gimmick! Lol
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-03-2020 09:56 AM
    Haha I know I'm all good without a response. I stumbled upon this by searching for a topic, it was like one of the only two results. So if someone else reads the thread I want them to know that higher than full HD resolution is not a gimmick! Lol
    I still have my Note 4 , but needs battery and has a hairline cracked screen.
    05-03-2020 10:05 AM
    I always like that model. Was considering getting a rooted one a year ago.
    If you use wired headphones or a stereo system with a high capacity SD card it make a cool music server.
    It has and supports 24 bit high definition audio output.
    Use .wav, .wav/HDCD or higher resolution audio formats for best results...

Outdated for sure but could still be very useful especially for niche roles like this. Keep it on Kitkat (best)... or Marshmallow but not Lollipop as it was a mess.
    Not sure it it supports any thing higher.
    Kitkat is a simple, dark, happy OS...
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-03-2020 10:17 AM
    Seems like you could get a good used Note 4 for the price of those two parts combined (especially the screen)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-03-2020 10:59 AM
    I always like that model. Was considering getting a rooted one a year ago.
    If you use wired headphones or a stereo system with a high capacity SD card it make a cool music server.
    It has and supports 24 bit high definition audio output.
    Use .wav, .wav/HDCD or higher resolution audio formats for best results...

Outdated for sure but could still be very useful especially for niche roles like this. Keep it on Kitkat (best)... or Marshmallow but not Lollipop as it was a mess.
    Not sure it it supports any thing higher.
    Kitkat is a simple, dark, happy OS...
    Yeah Note 3 and Note 4 I liked a lot , I think my Note 4 has a custom Rom on it but it's been so long I don't remember now lol.
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    05-03-2020 11:46 AM
    Seems like you could get a good used Note 4 for the price of those two parts combined (especially the screen)
    Your probably right , but it takes the fun out of me doing that , I kept it along with Nexus 5x ,htc M8, Note 2 as projects to fix and put together
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    05-03-2020 11:48 AM
    Yeah Note 3 and Note 4 I liked a lot , I think my Note 4 has a custom Rom on it but it's been so long I don't remember now lol.
    Out of sight... know that feeling.
    It can collapse into a black hole fast that displaces time it's self lol.
    Parts for it are cheap.
    A HQ audio server for your ride might be nice... like that 3.5 mm jack in it, a lot.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-03-2020 12:09 PM
58 123