06-27-2015 08:48 AM
41 12
tools
    Sorry for taking so long to reply but 2 yeasr ago I signed a 2 yr contact with verizon. When the note 4 became available I upgraded. Now that contract is over. I spoke to 2 CS agents today and both told me that I do NOT owe any money on this contract and that the phone is definitely Un-Locked. I plan to switch to T-Mobile tomorrow .
    06-16-2015 07:14 PM
    And Yes I am for real.
    06-16-2015 07:17 PM
    Contact is over. Tried to switch over to Tmobile and was told 1.This phone is Blocked. 2.That I still owe them 499.00.I am assuming that I am still paying for the phone. My question is all of the above True ?
    As others have mentioned. A 2 year contract starts when you get a new phone. So if the Note 4 was purchased on a two year contract when it first came out on Verizon you will not finish your Note 4 2 year contract until Oct. 2016. If you upgraded from an old phone on a previous 2 year plan early, then the Note 4 2 years is added on to the remainder of the old 2 year contract (Verizon only allows a couple of months early upgrade on 2 year contracts from my experience). From your numbers and the ETF seems correct assuming a $700.00 retail price and it being only about 7 months since the phone became available.

By the by, you can see your plan termination date for each device registered with Verizon on the Verizon Wireless website in Your Account.
    Your mileage may vary.
    06-16-2015 07:23 PM
    Sorry for taking so long to reply but 2 yeasr ago I signed a 2 yr contact with verizon. When the note 4 became available I upgraded. Now that contract is over. I spoke to 2 CS agents today and both told me that I do NOT owe any money on this contract and that the phone is definitely Un-Locked. I plan to switch to T-Mobile tomorrow .
    Your contract is not over for the note. When you upgraded your 2 year contract started over with the new phone.
    06-16-2015 07:45 PM
    Let us know how it goes -- It just sounds like you signed a new two-year contract since that is the only way to upgrade to the Note 4 -- Unless did you pay for the Note 4 at full price?
    06-17-2015 09:19 AM
    Would like to clear things up. Stopped in a Version store today and was told that I no longer in a contract persay but when I switched to the note 4 I signed up for the Edge program which I totally forgot about. The Edge program is where Verizon pays $15.00 tward the price of the phone and I pay $15.00 per month . So when the price of the phone gets low enough to cover the savings I will get with T-moble I can pay it off (No Contract ).
    Aquila likes this.
    06-17-2015 01:44 PM
    Would like to clear things up. Stopped in a Version store today and was told that I no longer in a contract persay but when I switched to the note 4 I signed up for the Edge program which I totally forgot about. The Edge program is where Verizon pays $15.00 tward the price of the phone and I pay $15.00 per month . So when the price of the phone gets low enough to cover the savings I will get with T-moble I can pay it off (No Contract ).
    Have you checked with T-Mobile to see how much it will pay you to switch? I am just curious. Also curious as to why you want to leave Verizon. I have been reviewing the Asus Zenfone2 for Android Central and that phone does not work with Verizon. I purchased a prepaid T-Mobile sim for 30 days and a few days into the 30 was enough to tell me I would not want to switch to T-Mobile.
    06-17-2015 07:54 PM
    That's not how the Edge program works. You pay the full cost of the phone over 24 months. I believe that cost is $650 or $27.08 per month with Verizon. Verizon gives you a credit on your bill of either $15 or $25 depending on your data plan. That credit doesn't go towards the cost of the phone though. You will need to pay off the phone before you will be allowed to close your Verizon account.

I hope that helps clarify this for you.

Sent from my Note 4
    06-17-2015 08:23 PM
    That's not how the Edge program works. You pay the full cost of the phone over 24 months. I believe that cost is $650 or $27.08 per month with Verizon. Verizon gives you a credit on your bill of either $15 or $25 depending on your data plan. That credit doesn't go towards the cost of the phone though. You will need to pay off the phone before you will be allowed to close your Verizon account.

Sent from my Note 4
    And there it is.
    06-17-2015 08:40 PM

Isn't that what i just said.
    BTW: The only reason I am leaving Verizon is because there signal strength in my area Sucks. I tryed several times to get a Free signal booster but they want $250.00 for it. Tmobile will give me one Free.
    Sent from my Note 4
    skatergirl likes this.
    06-18-2015 07:54 AM
    It is funny because if you go into a Verizon store, the signal strength is through the roof. The closest Verizon corporate store to me (about 4 miles away) is in an area where the data speed is horrible. There are big and small strip centers and many restaurants. When you are in that area you get speeds of maybe 1-2 mbps and at times even less. Then you get into the store where there is a booster antenna on the roof and the data speed flies.

In that area where the Verizon store is, the T-Mobile speed is good. However, at my house, where my Verizon speed is much better, I cannot even get 4g with T-Mobile.
    06-18-2015 09:11 AM
    It is funny because if you go into a Verizon store, the signal strength is through the roof. The closest Verizon corporate store to me (about 4 miles away) is in an area where the data speed is horrible. There are big and small strip centers and many restaurants. When you are in that area you get speeds of maybe 1-2 mbps and at times even less. Then you get into the store where there is a booster antenna on the roof and the data speed flies.

In that area where the Verizon store is, the T-Mobile speed is good. However, at my house, where my Verizon speed is much better, I cannot even get 4g with T-Mobile.
    Ask tmobile fo a Free booster. They will give tou one.
    06-18-2015 02:21 PM
    Another Update: If you are on the Edge program with Verizon and your contract expires, you must keep paying until your phone is paid off. Switching to Tmobile has another problem. They will pay up to 650.00 for your contact or your phone .But you must trade in your phone and buy another one from Tmobile . Since I owed Verizon 499.00 and Tmobile wanted 750.00 for another Note4 i decided to stay with Verizon. I called them again and told them I was going to cancel my and switch to Tmobile. They finally agreed to give me a free signal booster which was always my issue with them.
    skatergirl likes this.
    06-23-2015 06:26 PM
    Glad you got the booster! How is your service now?
    06-23-2015 07:05 PM
    Booster is in the mail. I will post any changes, good or bad.
    skatergirl likes this.
    06-23-2015 08:00 PM
    Installed and working Great. Phone is 2x faster then before Booster was installed. The only thing I don't understand is why I only have 1 signal bar? ?
    06-27-2015 08:48 AM
41 12