Leaving Verizon Huge Problem

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Contact is over. Tried to switch over to Tmobile and was told 1.This phone is Blocked. 2.That I still owe them 499.00.I am assuming that I am still paying for the phone. My question is all of the above True ?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Were you on Verizon's program where you make payments to pay off the full price of the phone?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I signed a 2 yr. Contract for the Note4

It sounds like your contract wasn't over yet (2 years total) -- So therefore you most likely owe them some kind of ETF fee. If you do not pay it they block the phone from being used on any network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Contact is over. Tried to switch over to Tmobile and was told 1.This phone is Blocked. 2.That I still owe them 499.00.I am assuming that I am still paying for the phone. My question is all of the above True ?
Probably. Once you pay off the etf (which tmobile will pay) plus money owed for service then they will unblock the phone.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
How could a 2 year contract on your Note 4 be over when the Note 4 came out in the fall of 2014?? Also, phones from almost all carriers are never unlocked. I'm not sure where you're getting that info from.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK EFT Early Termination Fee. I thought after your 2 year contract was up there is no EFT.

After 2 years there is no ETF but it sounds like your contract wasn't up. Did you happen to confuse it with another line on your plan? The Note 4 is unlocked but if you owe a bill to Verizon that is left unpaid they can blacklist it and the phone won't work on any carrier.

Also, phones from almost all carriers are never unlocked. I'm not sure where you're getting that info from.

Pretty much all new Verizon phones come factory unlocked already. They aren't doing it to be nice -- it was part of an agreement for some spectrum.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
From this forum!

A phone being unlocked and a phone being blacklisted are two different things. The Note 4 is unlocked -- Blacklisted is what happens to phones that are not paid for which prevents it from being used on other carriers.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So what you guys are saying is that a 2 year contract does not pay off your phone. How much of the $79.58 per month go to paying for the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So what you guys are saying is that a 2 year contract does not pay off your phone. How much of the $79.58 per month go to paying for the phone.

You're not doing phone payments if you did a 2 year contract. It means exactly what it says.. 2 years you agree to stay in service with them from the date you signed on the dotted line. If you leave before 2 years you have to pay an ETF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol