3rd Party Voicemail Apps Not Working-screenshot_2015-06-15-21-00-33.pngI switched to a Note4 from an s5 Active last week.. not sure if it's related to the device switch but none of the third party voicemail apps will work anymore. I been using YouMail for over a year and can no longer access their service, or any other 3rd party vm app for that matter. I called ATT and we went through various settings at length but I was told the issue lies with the 3rd party app. I just find it hard to believe that none of the 3p voicemail apps will work so there has to be something else going on. I can still use the default voicemail which works okay. Here are a couple of screen shots of what I've been dealing with. One is the error code with YouMail, the other with Visual Voicemail during set-up. Anyone out there can help me? I have no idea what the issue is.3rd Party Voicemail Apps Not Working-screenshot_2015-06-15-22-21-21.png
    06-16-2015 01:46 AM
    When I traded in my iPhone for an S5 last year, I couldn't get my voicemail set up for a week....not even the vm that you call in from the dialer. I forget the exact message that Visual VM gave me, but it very well could have been the same as yours. Anyway, I took the phone back into my local AT&T store and when I explained the problem, the girl said they never activated voicemail for my new phone. A few quick clicks and I was good to go. I know you said you already called AT&T, but if you spoke to tech support, it's possible that they don't have the same view of your account like a salesperson would. Maybe AT&T forgot to transfer your vm over from the old phone to the new one?

Other than that, I can even begin to think of a solution to your problem. Only other thing that comes to mind is that maybe you simply got a bad phone. It sucks, but it's bound to happen with anything that is mass produced. Since you've only had it a week, I can't imagine why you couldn't take it back to AT&T and exchange it for a new one.
    06-16-2015 02:00 AM
    It definetely seems like a software issue that for whatever reason cannot be repaired on the device. In addition to the hour of troubleshooting with ATT tech support last night, I also did a hard reset wipe and the issue still persists with all 3p voicemail apps. I'm going to the ATT store this morning. I hope they can just swap it out under their warranty.
    06-16-2015 11:09 AM
    At some point many will encounter this problem with their Note4 but I discovered the solution. Find the "deposit number" of the third-party voicemail service. In YouMail's case it's 857-216-6808. On your device, simply replace ATT's default voicemail number under *SETTINGS*, *APPLICATIONS*, *CALL*. Scroll down to voicemail settings, press it and you will find the default voicemail dial-out number. Replace that number with the YouMail number (or whatever "deposit number" of the 3p service you want to use) and voila, you just found the workaround.
    Attached Thumbnails 3rd Party Voicemail Apps Not Working-screenshot_2015-06-18-07-31-02.png  
    06-18-2015 10:34 AM