Taking Verizon Note 4 To Germany - Any Pointers?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone will work, but you'll probably pay more than if you had waited and purchased a prepay German SIM.

If you also set up an Ooma or Vonage account for your landline, you can use the same US number in Germany, with any wifi connection, for no additional charge, if you want to keep in touch with people here while you're gone.

(And watch what you eat and drink - I gained about 10 pounds a week when I was there for a few weeks. And I didn't even like beer when I got there [because all I had ever tasted was American swill])

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the weight gain. Milk for coffee and cereal is Cream, sausage links have more calories and taste than anything in the US. Coffee is espresso with hot water on the side. If you love real food you will love Germany.

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Because this is my first time in Germany, I wanted the sim card ahead of time.

I have a ring central account to forward my us number to.

I hope the food is that good! I went to Italy 10 years ago and the food coma took years to subside.

Posted via the Android Central App

Syn1cal

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I lived in Germany for 3 years.. cell phone plans are expensive (expect around 70€ monthly) and prepay phones were all I used while over there... you can buy a dirt cheap one for around 20 € if you look around (check Saturn, I bought mine at the military base in Ramstein Germany tho)... they come with a SIM card and are pretty easy to set up.

Just configure phone to use English as the primary language however of course. You have to buy "minutes" in the form of cards... I think I spent around 15 € a month maybe on prepaid minutes but I was a very light user.

I was burned really hard by Vodafone in Italy for a internet plan, and was disenchanted by Europes mobile plans ever since that experience (1st bill was over 900 € for my unlimited internet plan.. and it took almost a year to get a refund... which I never cashed because I was deployed when the check arrived.. and had to PCS shortly afterwards so I never did get that money back).. so it's much safer sticking with prepaid.

Chino32

May 6, 2013
Visit site
as i'm sure you know Verizon isn't the best for worldwide travel plans. i would def try and pick up a throwaway like Syn1cal said or a German sim. its a good time over there. i went last year and got damn are the sausages and beer on point. i dont drink much beer in the states or really eat sausages but over there....whoa..have fun man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34