Not every time but sometimes when I go to charge my phone it'll say its fast charging but its not and it overheats BAD! Is there a specific reason why its happening sometimes and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-17-2015 03:55 PM
    the red charging light is Sometimes brighter then other times its really dull. I'm using the rapid charger that came with the phone.

06-17-2015 04:12 PM
    Not every time but sometimes when I go to charge my phone it'll say its fast charging but its not and it overheats BAD! Is there a specific reason why its happening sometimes and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

How long have you had the phone? Slow charging and a very hot battery are signs of one of two things:

1. You have an app that is consuming a LOT of juice. For example, an app is keeping your CPU at 100% which is both generating a great deal of heat and slowing your charge down. When the phone is unplugged, that app should show up as your largest battery consumer. That consumer may be an installed app, or it may be an internal system service (for example, if there are bad files on your SD card, Android System may consume pretty massive resources trying to index those files).

2. Something is wrong with your battery or charge circuitry.

Try the following, in order until the problem goes away.

Clear your application and system caches - these are harmless steps you can do any time and probably should do about once a month or so anyway.

Unplug the phone and leave the screen off, and check in about an hour. If the battery is draining really fast, check to see what apps are consuming that battery. If it's an app you have installed, consider uninstalling it.

Ask your carrier for a replacement battery or, if not under a warranty, drop $15 on a new OEM battery. $30 if you want one with an external charger.

Factory reset the phone to make sure there aren't any apps causing you trouble.

Replace phone *or* stop using the phone's charge circuitry (if you bought the second battery with a charger I mentioned above, you can always simply charge your batteries in the external charger and swap a low battery for a fully-charged one in minutes.
    06-17-2015 04:34 PM
    I got the phone at Christmas. I learned with previous devices to stick with non-3rd party chargers. I am having other issues now with the phone as well. Have an appt with the carrier repair service center in the morning.
    07-13-2015 09:12 PM