Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Gear VR but a friend said that it does not work with T-Mobile's Note 4.

And also...how do you like it? When do you find yourself using it?
    06-17-2015 08:24 PM
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Gear VR but a friend said that it does not work with T-Mobile's Note 4.

And also...how do you like it? When do you find yourself using it?
    I've not heard that. Hope it's not true.

I like it a lot. Thought it was gimmicky when it got announced but once I got it...WOW! So much better than I expected. I've had it for 2 weeks now.

I've had fun letting family and friends try the various games and experience apps. They are usually blown away as soon as they put it on their face. Some people have a huge smile on the whole time they are using it. Some people scream and duck when objects come at them or scare them.

I definitely don't use it in the car while I'm driving. :-)

But I actually prefer using it in my car for a few reasons.
    1. The AC helps to keep the phone cooler, reducing the chance of it overheating and telling you "please stop playing for a while to let you phone cool down." - not those exact words.
    2. Keeping it cool helps to reduce or eliminate fogging that I see at times on the lenses when I'm in a warmer/humid place.
    3. Plugging in the sound to my car speakers really enhances the effect especially in intense games or experiences with "big sound" such as a shooting game. With the base cranked up, you really feel the gun blasts and explosions.

I'd highly recommend getting some spare batteries to swap in. Anker makes some great ones with a wall charger for $25. Using VR for a long time (couple hours) will drain the battery quickly. It really depends on the app/game you are playing and the environmental conditions (ie how hot it is around you and how much air flow there is.)

But even with the negatives, I would definitely buy it again and recommend it to everyone.

I'm looking forward to big improvements that Samsung makes with future Gear VR headsets. They already have with the S6 version. And, yes, I plan to buy another one with my future phone. It's too awesome not to.
    anon(52425) likes this.
    06-17-2015 11:23 PM
    Awesome man! Thanks for sharing! I placed my order this morning. Apparently when first released the VR was not yet ready for the T-Mobile variant but that has since been updated.
    goin_nil likes this.
    06-18-2015 11:53 AM
    Awesome man! Thanks for sharing! I placed my order this morning. Apparently when first released the VR was not yet ready for the T-Mobile variant but that has since been updated.
    Happy to help. Congratulations and enjoy your new Gear VR!
    06-18-2015 12:27 PM