I've had my AT&T Note 4 (after switching from Apple for the first time in 5 years) since October '14 and loved it until now and currently hate it more than any phone I've ever purchased. Nearly every app I open takes 2 minutes or more to fully load, open a link (such as with the Play Store and need to wait another 2 minutes + for everything to load, usually takes longer).

I've done the following in this order trying to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Cleared the cache for all apps.
    • Uninstalled apps I wasn't using.
    • Factory reset (and didn't sync any apps back on the device).
    • Re-formated SD Card, tested without the SD card.

OS version: 5.0.1

Nothing has helped the issue at all, hasn't been dropped, wet or anything like that. Same issue on home WiFi, outside data connection or any other internet connection I've used. Is it possible to fix this or is it just a POS phone in less than 9 months?
    06-19-2015 02:48 AM
    I've had my AT&T Note 4 (after switching from Apple for the first time in 5 years) since October '14 and loved it until now and currently hate it more than any phone I've ever purchased. Nearly every app I open takes 2 minutes or more to fully load, open a link (such as with the Play Store and need to wait another 2 minutes + for everything to load, usually takes longer).

I've done the following in this order trying to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Cleared the cache for all apps.
    • Uninstalled apps I wasn't using.
    • Factory reset (and didn't sync any apps back on the device).
    • Re-formated SD Card, tested without the SD card.

OS version: 5.0.1

Nothing has helped the issue at all, hasn't been dropped, wet or anything like that. Same issue on home WiFi, outside data connection or any other internet connection I've used. Is it possible to fix this or is it just a POS phone in less than 9 months?
    No one is unhappier with their Note 4 but me, but even my issues pale in comparison. I think you should download your closest ROM, and reinstall that ROM. If that doesn't work, then I'd take the device back... I mean. Wow, minutes to load an app? I think the most common issues are lag in specific scenarios and image quality. Apart from that, it's a very very fast device. I think you either have a defective ROM or a defective device. I hope it's the first. Find yours (sammobile can help, then google the file it starts to download, and you'll find a ton of links to the rom that aren't restricted by DL speed) and try that first. If not, return it for another. My mother's old Samsung Galaxy S2 seems faster than yours! That's saying a lot!

Best of luck
    06-19-2015 03:03 AM