Hi,

I ran Antutu few times before Lollipop and I easily scored 50k.
    Now once I updated to Lollipop I could get only 38k. After factory restore - 41k.

But still no close to 50k.

Any ideas what went wrong?

I have 910C.
    06-19-2015 06:09 PM
    I think what happened is that "lollipop" focused more on usability than hard core raw performance. The result being a drop in overall performance but a true gain in usability. I believe this is a good thing for the general user community.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2015 07:13 PM
    I just tested mine and scored "49697". This a stock, right out of the box Note 4 from Sprint.

06-19-2015 07:37 PM
    Hi,

I ran Antutu few times before Lollipop and I easily scored 50k.
    Now once I updated to Lollipop I could get only 38k. After factory restore - 41k.

But still no close to 50k.

Any ideas what went wrong?

I have 910C.
    Have you turned Off Power Saving???
    Why on earth would you factory reset a phone solely due to a benchmark!? Are you aware of the fact that AnTuTu scores are affected by:

Temperature of the phone at the time of testing
    Available RAM
    As well as what tasks are running during testing
    CPU/GPU State (power saving On or Off)

This is why scores fluctuate.

If your phone runs fine then ignore AnTuTu.

My N910f gets just over 52000 down here, thanks to the fact that it is winter and it sits on a glass table
    anon8380037 likes this.
    06-19-2015 07:41 PM
    Another thought here is that you may have power saving turned "on".

06-19-2015 07:42 PM
    This discussion http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-note-4-a.html also has some similar random scores and ranges. Tsepz_GP said it well. There are many possible variables that can affect a score.
    06-19-2015 10:40 PM
    Ran it again, no changes in the system. This time the score was 50058.

I'm very happy with my device's performance overall so to me the score is really irrelevant from a usage perspective.

06-19-2015 11:16 PM
    There is a bug in exynos versions that scales down the gpu clock to half. Go through the scores and you will see gpu score is lower than it should be.

There is no fix for this from shamesung still. But some people report turning on and off their power saving mode helps return to normal gpu clock speed and some report that turning on knox active protection fixes this. (Mine actually get fixed after turning on the knox active protection )

So this is a bug caused by 5.0.1 and shamesung is not doing anything about it.

This is my first android phone and I am shocked how inferior the software is compared to ios and wp.

I am waiting for 5.1.1. If that does not fix this device I will go root.

06-20-2015 01:08 AM
    There is a bug in exynos versions that scales down the gpu clock to half. Go through the scores and you will see gpu score is lower than it should be.

There is no fix for this from shamesung still. But some people report turning on and off their power saving mode helps return to normal gpu clock speed and some report that turning on knox active protection fixes this. (Mine actually get fixed after turning on the knox active protection )

So this is a bug caused by 5.0.1 and shamesung is not doing anything about it.

This is my first android phone and I am shocked how inferior the software is compared to ios and wp.

I am waiting for 5.1.1. If that does not fix this device I will go root.

Rooted n910p with just sprint voice mail and sprint zone. All other sprint stuff is frozen. I have also frozen a lot of samsung stuff. Works pretty good. What happened to Note 4? (AnTuTu score went from 50k to 40k)-uploadfromtaptalk1434923578772.jpg

Sent From The Notable 4th Galaxy Via Subspace
    06-21-2015 05:53 PM