06-26-2015 11:14 AM
40 12
tools
    And you generally only get the discount refurb price with a contract extension, which on my case, changed nothing. I keep my same plan.
    06-21-2015 01:54 PM
    Well that isn't true. I have owned every Note phone and almost every S phone and when the new ones come out, they don't charge the same for the last year model. I buy new phones every year.
    It is if you are paying full price no contract. The discount often drops the phone to free with 2 year deal but neither Samsung nor VZW drops the price of old brand new fully warranted phones with no contract. I have tried before. Eventually they run out but they ever discount without contract price.
    06-21-2015 01:55 PM
    It is if you are paying full price no contract. The discount often drops the phone to free with 2 year deal but neither Samsung nor VZW drops the price of old brand new fully warranted phones with no contract. I have tried before. Eventually they run out but they ever discount without contract price.
    So what can we help you with?
    06-21-2015 01:57 PM
    Ok, well there are a lot of things I want. If this is Verizon's stance on this, what exactly can we help you with, because I don't understand what you are asking us.
    Sometimes people know of ways to get a deal that I do not. Like maybe Samsung has a 10% off day or something. Maybe a special online deal I am unaware of. Partially I just find it interesting (and so should the justice dept antitrust dept) that nobody ever discounts brand new older model cell phones without a contract yet still offers full manufacturers warranty. I have seen old supposedly never used brand new phones offered on ebay but no warranty.
    06-21-2015 02:00 PM
    Samsung US doesn't sell directly to customers.

In the US, you are pretty much stuck with carriers and people like Best Buy, for new phones.
    06-21-2015 02:07 PM
    Now you might find a new phone on Swappa or Amazon, but unless it is a dealer, you don't get the warranty. Warranties are not transferable.

You can however, buy insurance with Square Trade.

Your other question, phoned are retail items, the justice dept has nothing to do with pricing of retail items.
    06-21-2015 02:14 PM
    Now you might find a new phone on Swappa or Amazon, but unless it is a dealer, you don't get the warranty. Warranties are not transferable.

You can however, buy insurance with Square Trade.

Your other question, phoned are retail items, the justice dept has nothing to do with pricing of retail items.
    It does if there is collusion or price fixing.
    06-21-2015 04:23 PM
    Samsung US doesn't sell directly to customers.

In the US, you are pretty much stuck with carriers and people like Best Buy, for new phones.
    No, I know you buy developer edition directly from Samsung. It is never sold in stores.
    06-21-2015 04:25 PM
    No, I know you buy developer edition directly from Samsung. It is never sold in stores.
    That is the only phone you can buy in the US directly from Samsung and that is not one most people buy.

You are welcome to go try and buy one from Samsung. I've been a Samsung only customer for about 10 or more years.
    06-21-2015 04:36 PM
    It does if there is collusion or price fixing.
    And yet that isn't an issue or anything that can be handled here.
    06-21-2015 04:38 PM
    Well i hope it is ok to express an opinion. Anyway maybe someone else has a suggestion. My thread seems to annoy you. I do appreciate your helpful suggestions.
    06-21-2015 07:25 PM
    Well i hope it is ok to express an opinion. Anyway maybe someone else has a suggestion. My thread seems to annoy you. I do appreciate your helpful suggestions.
    Well debating the pricing of phones on the US just doesn't seem it is going to get you answers for a phone.

If you want a warranty and a brand new phone, no contract, you are limited to where you can buy phones here.. An authorized dealer and a carrier and that is pretty much it. You aren't going to get a discount price and get those things. There have been a lot of suggestions, but to meet your specific requirements of a new phone, discount price, one year warranty, I just don't think you will find that. Unless someone has a special sale, they do not even have the new model out yet for this phone, so the price isn't going to go down.

You can sometimes buy new phones at a better price online, but the warranty can be an issue. You can sometimes get an international phone at a good price, but Samsung US doesn't honor warranties for international phones.
    06-21-2015 07:54 PM
    I agree that swappa is your best bet. I got mine from there. They check for clean ESN. Close to half price.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 05:10 PM
    I agree that swappa is your best bet. I got mine from there. They check for clean ESN. Close to half price.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanks for the tip.
    06-22-2015 08:22 PM
    Darn! Sammy is offering $100 rebate on 64gb GS6 or GS6 Edge. Nothing for note 4. Ugh
    06-26-2015 11:14 AM
40 12