Purchase New Note 4 for VZW?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyplace you can buy a fully warranted brand new Note 4 for Verizon (2 cdma radios) for a lower price than at a Verizon store. This is a fairly old model now and I would like to buy a brand new one (purchase outright to keep unlimited data). I don't want the hassle of a phone with no warranty nor used junk from ebay. It just seems crazy that nobody discounts brand new older model phones.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyplace you can buy a fully warranted brand new Note 4 for Verizon (2 cdma radios) for a lower price than at a Verizon store. This is a fairly old model now and I would like to buy a brand new one (purchase outright to keep unlimited data). I don't want the hassle of a phone with no warranty nor used junk from ebay. It just seems crazy that nobody discounts brand new older model phones.

do what I do.... keep an eye for Best Buy sales.... that's how I bought my last two Note phones. Note 2 for $49 and Note 3 for $0. (both prices with 2-year VZW contract) If you don't want to be stuck with a contract, just pay VZW the $350 ETF. This means you'll have a phone for under $400. The lowest Best Buy price for VZW Note 4 I've seen was $149 back in February. (with $350, your final cost is around $500)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a brand new vzw phone on sale at Best Buy unless you take a contract. I don't want a contract. Any new contract I lose unlimited data. There is no vzw contract other than mine I will even consider. I want to outright purchase a brand new phone that is fully mine with no contract discount. I want a hardware discount . ..like if you purchased a brand new Surface 2 you no longer pay the original msrp.

ETF does not apply. I am way over 2 years.

I can change to any vzw phone I want as long as I OWN it outright.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Check on eBay. I've bought new phones there before and you can usually find them less expensive there. I just got my wife a new S5 last week for a good bit less than VZW.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ebay worst case scenario...you buy phone...bad esn...vzw gives you big hassle hut it takes a month for them to notice almost 2 years left on contract...now time has expired on ebay warranty. Even worse... you find out about bad esn right away....send phone back to seller...he denies getting it back and keeps the money...long drawn out battle with ebay ensues. In either case you may get your money back but I do not want the stress. I just find it odd that the only year old electronics brand new in package that are never discounted are cell phones. Like why won't Beat Buy or even Samsung give me a deal to get rid of old inventory? Somebody is getting these old new phones.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an issue on eBay but I've only bought from power sellers for a phone. You will be able to save money there but it's understandable if you'd prefer not to buy a phone there.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya, it's really a lottery even from power sellers. Many of them will only give a general "condition" so "good" may have fine difficult to see scratches or really annoying ones. I really prefer new with warranty since even on ebay it will cost almost 500 bucks for one in great condition. Craig's list is no bargain either. Phone may look great but 2 days later you find it overheating and restarting all the time and you find the sammy security program pops a 1. Pessimistic? Ya I guess. I know I'll end up paying full sticker which I do not mind on a brand new model but the note 4 is old now. I was waiting for the GS6 but too many issues for way too much $. The Note 4 is a better device than any GS6 imo. LG G4 not as bad as GS6 but still lots of problems.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess there is no way to save a buck on a note 4 without limiting my data.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Give Swappa a try. I've had good success with them. Also, if you use PayPal, your eBay purchases are covered with the buyer protection plan.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I will look into Swappa but the warranty is only 30 days so you can still get screwed. I will look into it though.

I just read that counterfeit thread and now there is yet another thing to worry about! LOL I could never tell them apart but the first thing I would check is the imei.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That IS old in the electronics world, especially cell phones. The Note 5 will be out soon. I think note 4 is the last 2 radio model VZW will ever carry.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why not wait for the Note 6?
Boy are you missing the point. I WANT to buy the Note 4 because it is BETTER than the GS6 LG G4 Nexus or newest Moto whatever. The reason it is better for me is I am a VZW customer so I like that the Note 4 has 2 radios. No new phones will. If you don't know why 2 radios are better read from beginning of thread.

That said, although Note 4 is ideal for me, the fact remains that a 9 month old cell phone is considered old in the cell phone business because people will thoughtlessly go for the newest most hyped phones like the disastrous GS6 or the mediocre G4.

Because it is old I think it should be discounted just as many 2015 cars will soon be discounted when the 2016 versions begin to roll out.

Ask any VZW salesmen whether the Note 4 is selling now as when it first came out. People are buying the overheating no sd card no removable battery more expensive GS6 edge just because it is new and looks cool.

Since its life as a sellable commodity is coming to an end I think it should be discounted that's all.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Boy are you missing the point. I WANT to buy the Note 4 because it is BETTER than the GS6 LG G4 Nexus or newest Moto whatever. The reason it is better for me is I am a VZW customer so I like that the Note 4 has 2 radios. No new phones will. If you don't know why 2 radios are better read from beginning of thread.

That said, although Note 4 is ideal for me, the fact remains that a 9 month old cell phone is considered old in the cell phone business because people will thoughtlessly go for the newest most hyped phones like the disastrous GS6 or the mediocre G4.

The Note 4 is not considered old, it is a Flagship device.

Now that being said, you.can not buy what you are looking for. You will not get a one yesterday warranty. You are looking for a brand new phone for more than half the price and that just isn't found.

I don't know about Verizon, but with AT&T if you sign a new contract and don't change anything, you don't lose the plan you have.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen ANY brand new older model phone discounted anywhere. That is my complaint. I would be perfectly willing to wait for Note 5 to come out before I purchase my Note 4 but it still will not be discounted if you are buying phone outright without a contract.

I used to root all my phones. My first Note 3 was rooted and I liked trying different roms but I really liked Hyperdrive.) I no longer have interest in rooting, especially since the development community will be nil for a phone that so few people can root. Frankly, I have no reason to root my Note 3 (insurance replacement). My major reason for rooting before was to fix things that work really well now.

I will not agree and neither will anyone in the industry that the Note 4 is still a hot item. 9 months is old for a cell phone. I don't mean too old to use. I do mean too old for most people to consider purchasing. I doubt many VZW stores even sell 1 a day at this point.

Another poster said I expect too much off. Other electronics like TV's are routinely discounted 10% or more when they are 9 months old. I'd buy a new Note 4 tomorrow if Best Buy or Verizon offered a 10% discount. I think 20% would be more in line with other types of electronics but I'd happily settle for 10%. Those of you taking contracts sometimes get 100% off!

Where I am running into trouble with you guys is the use of the term old. Many of you love your Note 4. I think I would too! That said, in the cell phone business, 9 months after release IS considered old. It is still state of the art etc but has been eclipsed by newer inferior devices like the GS6 Edge. It just has.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen ANY brand new older model phone discounted anywhere. That is my complaint. I would be perfectly willing to wait for Note 5 to come out before I purchase my Note 4 but it still will not be discounted if you are buying phone outright without a contract.

I used to root all my phones. My first Note 3 was rooted and I liked trying different roms but I really liked Hyperdrive.) I no longer have interest in rooting, especially since the development community will be nil for a phone that so few people can root. Frankly, I have no reason to root my Note 3 (insurance replacement). My major reason for rooting before was to fix things that work really well now.

I will not agree and neither will anyone in the industry that the Note 4 is still a hot item. 9 months is old for a cell phone. I don't mean too old to use. I do mean too old for most people to consider purchasing. I doubt many VZW stores even sell 1 a day at this point.

Another poster said I expect too much off. Other electronics like TV's are routinely discounted 10% or more when they are 9 months old. I'd buy a new Note 4 tomorrow if Best Buy or Verizon offered a 10% discount. I think 20% would be more in line with other types of electronics but I'd happily settle for 10%. Those of you taking contracts sometimes get 100% off!

Where I am running into trouble with you guys is the use of the term old. Many of you love your Note 4. I think I would too! That said, in the cell phone business, 9 months after release IS considered old. It is still state of the art etc but has been eclipsed by newer inferior devices like the GS6 Edge. It just has.

Actually they still sell a lot, all carriers. The only discounts I ever see is after the next one comes out, the Note 5 in this case, unless you buy a refurb.

The Note 4 and the S6 can't even be compared. The S line and Note line are two different phones and different users by each phone.

And no, 9 months isn't old, especially for a Flagship device, not on the cell phone industry.

They aren't going to discount it because there isn't a new device to replace it yet.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And actually, Best Buy has the Note 4 on sale for Father's Day for $199 with a contract extension, which is what I did with mine on AT&T.

Like I said, some carriers do not take away your unlimited data if you buy a new phone on contract and don't change your plan at all. You should check with Verizon and see if they do that.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Even after Note 5 comes out it will not be discounted without contract. That is the point. We will agree to disagree on 9 month old models being old. Let me use a different word. They are not the hot item right now. The GS6 is. I kind of hang out in VZW and Best Buy looking for deals and playing with phones. Nobody even looks at Note 4 any more. They grab the iphones (ipeople don't care how old they are and only buy istuff) , the GS6 edge, LG G4, and occasionally the note 4 edge but only because they mistake it for the GS6 edge. I never have any competition who wants to play with note 4. Never. Not at any store. Not in 2 months.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
And actually, Best Buy has the Note 4 on sale for Father's Day for $199 with a contract extension, which is what I did with mine on AT&T.

Like I said, some carriers do not take away your unlimited data if you buy a new phone on contract and don't change your plan at all. You should check with Verizon and see if they do that.
I will not change carriers and do not want a contract. I am only interested in VZW brand new with contract or refurb with complete warranty. The point is VZW no longer will no longer allow grandfathered unlimited data users to continue with this plan and new phone unless you buy phone outright without contract. I don't care about what contract deals exist nor what other providers offer. I don't mean to be acerbic. I just want to be clear.