Gear vr setup process starts by itself

DjackO

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, I decided to download the Gear VR app and everything else, but the propblem still occoured. Now I have the black screen with the X mark in the corner again and I'm whaiting for the phone to start work again by it self. Im going to download the app called Package Disabler Pro and see if I still have the sam problem. Have you guys got any later news for this annoying sh*t?

regards Jaques Kello

DjackO

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I've contacted samsung support, and this is their answer regarding the Issue.

Welcome to Samsung's chat

09:26
Welcome to Samsung Support! You are chatting with Carolina. I'll read your description, thank you for your patience!

Okay, it may be that the gyroscope has given itself.
But the test with an update / restore, and install Quck panel restore apps from the Galaxy, otherwise it is just a service unfortunately.

pjmezz13

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've contacted samsung support, and this is their answer regarding the Issue.

Welcome to Samsung's chat

Welcome to Samsung Support! You are chatting with Carolina. I'll read your description, thank you for your patience!

Okay, it may be that the gyroscope has given itself.
But the test with an update / restore, and install Quck panel restore apps from the Galaxy, otherwise it is just a service unfortunately.

Package Disabler worked for me. FYI disabling the Samsung account has implications when attempting to use tools such as the theme store/app and the find my mobile tool via the Samsung website. I may have to do a factory reset to restore that functionality. Waiting on a response from Samsung.

DjackO

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE!

Ok guys, my Phone has been working for the past 12 hours. Here's what worked for me.
Yesterday, I couldn't use my phone at all. I tried with everything, nothing worked. At last, I let the battery run out. Pressed "Power button+volume down+home button" and let the phone display the blue screen for faster battery run out. Then I tried to start my phone a couple times just to make sure that the battery was empty.

I waited for a couple of hours (3-4 hours), inserted the charger and started the phone, it was working like nothing has happened before without installing Quick panel restore.

I haven't done any factory reset yet, not a fan of it, if the issue appear again, then I will most probably make a factory reset. Hope this information will help you.

Best regards!

BadlyFerret

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with my S6, but also was having issues where my phone would simply not charge through the USB port. I took the phone to a Samsung 'flagship' store in NYC which had a repair shop in it as well. After looking at the charging port with a magnifying glass the woman at the counter told me that my port was bad. She said this was most likely caused by using a cheap micro USB cable. I left the phone there for a few hours, they ended up replacing the small board that the usb port is connected to, the battery, and the screen. At this point I decided to buy the wireless charging mat to be safe. (its actually a nice $30 investment) Problem however is that there are times when I need to use a micro USB cable to charge the device while I'm out or away from home etc. After about a month with only 2-3 regular charges through the charging port, all the above issues began to happen again. As of now my ability to charge via USB is hit or miss, and the VR setup screen usually appears after I've attempted to charge the phone through my usb cable.

I'd love to see something posted about this on Drippler if others are experiencing the same thing. :cool:

Hey, yeah, I woke up with a dead s6+ edge that wouldn't hold any charge. After using every electrical socket and means of charging, I had to go to AT&T store where nobody seemed to know much about anything. They said that I could send my phone to Samsung to see if they'll fix it since it's still under warranty but no one at that store looked like they had ever seen this problem. A "phone doctor" said he could fix it for $80 but that would be another week. Today, I bought a wireless charger ($50 at the AT&T store ) to hold me off until I figure out at whom I will rail into for buying such an expensive piece of crap. I've also heard that a lot of the problems blogged were common problems at the Cell phone doctor. It sounds like we have the same problem with the phone's charger port in that it's just poorly made. Don't get me started on AT&T 's protection plan. If Apple survives their current stock falls and are still able to at least rival the competition, I'm going back (after working as a slave laborer in the next two lives to pay for my current and future prospective phone.)

Bblancha

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with my S6, but also was having issues where my phone would simply not charge through the USB port. I took the phone to a Samsung 'flagship' store in NYC which had a repair shop in it as well. After looking at the charging port with a magnifying glass the woman at the counter told me that my port was bad. She said this was most likely caused by using a cheap micro USB cable. I left the phone there for a few hours, they ended up replacing the small board that the usb port is connected to, the battery, and the screen. At this point I decided to buy the wireless charging mat to be safe. (its actually a nice $30 investment) Problem however is that there are times when I need to use a micro USB cable to charge the device while I'm out or away from home etc. After about a month with only 2-3 regular charges through the charging port, all the above issues began to happen again. As of now my ability to charge via USB is hit or miss, and the VR setup screen usually appears after I've attempted to charge the phone through my usb cable.

I'd love to see something posted about this on Drippler if others are experiencing the same thing. :cool:

Bblancha

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Im having the same issues with my note5. My phone also started making the sound as if i just plugged it in over and over again even when its in lock screen and im not touching it?

Bblancha

May 19, 2016
Visit site
This has been happening in my phone also today,as soon as I was able to get my phone to charge again normally that Gear VR thing kept popping up randomly and shutting down any other screens that where open . I did whatever I could to stop and disable this app or whatever it is but after a few hours its starting to pop up again.

Bblancha

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't think its the port because my Note5 phone just stopped charging two days ago then after deleting the last few apps I had put on my phone ,cleared the cache wherever possible it started to charge perfectly(using the same chord that it wouldn't charge with before) Today that gear vr thing keeps appearing??

Christophe Venet

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I've got the support chat online.

The solution is to disable all notifications for the 3 apps in application manager / System apps for GEAR VR ... and force to stop too.

After no new notification for installation SAMSUNG GEAR VR !

MaroonMobile

May 27, 2016
Visit site
So I have done 2 separate things, one it rained here hard yesterday and I've been connecting to my computer regularly everyday. So I did the force stop/disable of the gear VR software. Also I used a hotplate (you can use a hair dryer if necessary) to heat my phone up in case there was any water inside on the port. So far so good, have not yet gotten a new instance of the Gear VR setup process again. Will see what happens once I am again fully charged. I have a Note 5.

Luckz88

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I have tried everything in this thread, installing everything, uninstalling everything, etc. This all just started yesterday for no reason and this pos note 4 keeps trying to launch the vr. I don't have any of it and don't want it. Does anyone know a fix yet for this?

Donald Woodward

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I have this with my Galaxy S6 and it's driving me crazy. I get Gear VR trying to install itself, my USB port going insane, beeping constantly, bubble appearing over the start button, message that pops up and quickly disappears telling me something about my charger not being compatible. There is no charger plugged in! It makes my phone prettymuch unusuable. Samsung is clearly trying to push this software out to it's customer's phones for some stupid reason and making a lot of their customers very unhappy - including me! I am going to try to clean my USB port, but I don't think that's it. This whole thing started when gear vr suddenly tried to install itself on my phone. Argh!!!!

Nemesis333

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

Nemesis333

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Same issue. Note 4 only charges when it want now. Either doesnt read the charger or thinks its a usb. Disconnects right away. Along with this issue came the battery sharing app which i cant delete. I got the vr as unistalled as possible. Had to get a new phone while i wait for a fix to pop up. Samsung needs to get their **** together. Happened to my friemds note 5 as well.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon