Battery drain

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This just started about two weeks ago. Any advice? I uninstalled all apps since then and same result.

Attachments

• 1435018582651.jpg
    1435018582651.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 1435018598964.jpg
    1435018598964.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 1435018612448.jpg
    1435018612448.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 80

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, try running for a day (or half a day) without your SD card, see if that helps. If it does, could be an SD card going bad or possibly some corrupt files on the SD card.

If you have GB's of pictures/videos on your phone or SD card, you might consider taking those off. My previous phone (S3) had battery drain issues related to the SD card trying to pieces l process those, making thumbnail images.

Finally, a full factory reset may be a good option AFTER you back up everything important.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Ever since lollypop my phone has been getting worse on battery life it seems. Thinking I am going to have to try a factory reset here.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ever since lollypop my phone has been getting worse on battery life it seems. Thinking I am going to have to try a factory reset here.

I've seen others report this too. My battery life is about the same after Lollipop. I did not do a factory reset.

There are SO many variables in play that can cause poor battery life. Even good apps can have a bad updates at times that can negatively affect battery life.

That's one reason I don't allow apps to auto update in Google Play. I like to control what changes and know which apps I recently updated in case my phone freaks out! :)

That happened to me once. A trusted app I used for years had a bug (some weird edge case with my calendar data) that caused the app to get stuck in an infinite loop. I could literally watch the battery % drop every minute or two. It was bad.

The dev helped me to diagnose with the tools I suggested. Too bad Wakelock Detector requires root access now. That was the most helpful one.

I'm on Verizon too, not rooted.

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
usually spontaneous battery drain issues are caused by Google play services. the sync gets messed up and thus gets 'caught' in a loop of sorts. problem should fix itself in a week at most, from my experience...

although, in this case, I second the fact that it just Lollipop giving the Note 4 terrible battery life (ok, worse). Happened on my tablet from KitKat to lollipop as well. battery life has gone down the drain and also the phone stutters way more than it should, and did, for a phone with this hardware. lollipop has changed my opinions on Android and am currently saving up for the 6 Plus. :p

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma