I dont know if its me or if theres a problem, just seems like ever since I had the lollipop update my battery life is way shorter? for example I get about 5 hours of screen time average. i am a heavy user though so I am not sure if thats normal.

I done the cache wipe and doesnt seem to be better? I used to think I can go 7-8 hours and charge when i sleep at 9pm. Now I start my day at like 8am and by 2-3 I am ready to charge.

how can i test or where do i go to see if its me or the phone?
    06-23-2015 08:49 PM
    I get about 5-6 hours or so of Screen On, I guess. Not entirely sure, because I just plug it in to charge whenever I have the opportunity. I'm also a very heavy user. If I don't have access to the charger all day, I'll be at battery low by 5-6PM with heavy use.

Fortunately, being a Note, it has a swappable battery. I have a second battery and an external charger and I just keep the spare battery in my phone pouch - if I have to work late and the phone is dying, pop it and swap it and I'm good for an all-nighter.
    cinnamin and plumcrazy like this.
    06-23-2015 10:23 PM
    is it so terrible that you have to throw it on a charger occasionally ?
    06-24-2015 06:28 AM
    I was using my phone yesterday dully charges at 7am,im medium to heavy user, still had 40% at 11pm. I don't use widgets and weather apps as they eat the battery. Take a look through your apps see what using data. I also don't use battery savers, they don't work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-24-2015 06:41 AM
    I dont know if its me or if theres a problem, just seems like ever since I had the lollipop update my battery life is way shorter? for example I get about 5 hours of screen time average. i am a heavy user though so I am not sure if thats normal.

I done the cache wipe and doesnt seem to be better? I used to think I can go 7-8 hours and charge when i sleep at 9pm. Now I start my day at like 8am and by 2-3 I am ready to charge.

I do not think you are expecting too much. I am a fairly heavy user and I keep everything turned on. That is why I purchased a $700 phone, to enjoy it and keep everything running. I love Lollipop, but since the update my battery has suffered. It has not suffered significantly, but enough to notice.
    06-24-2015 09:18 AM
    is it so terrible that you have to throw it on a charger occasionally ?
    So terrible? From my perspective, no. But I would honestly like to have seen the phone get just a tiny bit thicker and hold a 4Ah battery, or even more. There are days when I'm in meetings all day, and need my screen on most of the day to take notes, communicate with my team, etc etc. In a 10-hour meeting, 6 hours of screen time is meaningless.

However, since the battery can be swapped, there are options for those that absolutely need all-day-long screen on times. ZeroLemon and several others sell a few battery options that allow for doubling or tripling the battery capacity, at the cost of a larger and heavier Note. They aren't terribly expensive.

Personally, I find a second battery to be an acceptable solution for me. Meeting breaks for the afternoon for 10 minutes, I swap batteries, all is well. But it's good to know that an "all day BEAST MODE" conversion is available.
    06-24-2015 12:20 PM
    How do I tell if battery is getting good life or not, for example my phone is off charger since 530am, and it's 1007pm now. I am at 11%. 3 hours and 42 screen time.
    06-25-2015 01:08 AM
    So terrible? From my perspective, no. But I would honestly like to have seen the phone get just a tiny bit thicker and hold a 4Ah battery, or even more. There are days when I'm in meetings all day, and need my screen on most of the day to take notes, communicate with my team, etc etc. In a 10-hour meeting, 6 hours of screen time is meaningless.

However, since the battery can be swapped, there are options for those that absolutely need all-day-long screen on times. ZeroLemon and several others sell a few battery options that allow for doubling or tripling the battery capacity, at the cost of a larger and heavier Note. They aren't terribly expensive.

Personally, I find a second battery to be an acceptable solution for me. Meeting breaks for the afternoon for 10 minutes, I swap batteries, all is well. But it's good to know that an "all day BEAST MODE" conversion is available.
    Power saving "grey scale mode" should easily take you through a 10 hour session of note taking and texting
    06-25-2015 01:16 AM
    Battery life for me was not so great on Lollipop. About 20% less than on KK. It also brought along a slew of other issues, so I reverted back to KK. But KK wasn't without its issues as well (lag, camera, multitasking). So you need to pick which is best for you. KK gives better overall performance with multitasking and battery life, Lollipop gives you lollipop and faster image reviewing in the camera BUT multitasking lag is worse on Lollipop, as well as memory management.

I personally needed KK to get me though the day. Now I'm on a Nexus 6, currently on Day 3 . Best of luck!
    06-25-2015 01:29 AM

Yes you are expecting too much. 5 hours of Screen time under heavy use is very good battery life. The Noted has the best battery life on the market.
    06-25-2015 08:11 AM
    Power saving "grey scale mode" should easily take you through a 10 hour session of note taking and texting
    Possibly. I haven't tried. I'll have to see if MobileIron and TouchDown work. However, I'd also miss taking notes and making sketches in color. LOL
    06-25-2015 08:22 AM

They make external battery packs you can plug in at meetings to keep the phone from draining. Ever think of that?
    06-25-2015 12:54 PM
    They make external battery packs you can plug in at meetings to keep the phone from draining. Ever think of that?
    I own one from when I carried phones with non-replaceable batteries. Don't use it in meetings, though, because it's more convenient to just swap the battery than to have a cord sticking out of the phone for a couple of hours.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    06-25-2015 02:35 PM
    I own one from when I carried phones with non-replaceable batteries. Don't use it in meetings, though, because it's more convenient to just swap the battery than to have a cord sticking out of the phone for a couple of hours.
    I agree, swapple batteries are the way to go, can't stress that enough. I am a power user myself, and I go all out with this phone, no limitations and restrictions on using all of its features simultaneously to the max, so I have 2 spare batteries with me at all times, with only one single charge at bedtime. 😆
    06-26-2015 07:34 AM
    My battery life sucked on Lollipop. I tried a factory reset and it didn't help. I finally decided the way to fix the issue was to downgrade to Kit Kat and I couldn't be more pleased!!
    06-26-2015 03:02 PM