I'm on the Verizon Note 4 with lollipop and a Bluetooth headset connected and when I get phone calls, sometimes I'm able to use my headset to talk ands other times I have to use my phones earpiece.

I want to be able to take phone calls over my headset when connected to Bluetooth. Why is this happening?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    06-25-2015 04:03 PM
    Any number of possibilities, including a defective phone, a defective Bluetooth headset, a loose antenna in the phone, having the phone on one side of your body and the headset on the other (from the average person's ear to the opposite side pants pocket is a little too much attenuation through the body tissues for most Bluetooth headsets), external interference (like someone else with Bluetooth standing next to you, being close to a 2.4GHz wifi router or a microwave oven running nearby).
    06-25-2015 04:17 PM
    I'm on the Verizon Note 4 with lollipop and a Bluetooth headset connected and when I get phone calls, sometimes I'm able to use my headset to talk ands other times I have to use my phones earpiece.

I want to be able to take phone calls over my headset when connected to Bluetooth. Why is this happening?

Another likely reason is that your bluetooth headset doesn't have the latest bluetooth software which the Note 4 does. You may wish to check to see if the headset manufacturer offers a firmware update. If not, no new phone going forward will work any better with the old headset.
    06-25-2015 05:12 PM
    Thanks so much for your response. I'll try a newer headset and see what happens.

06-25-2015 06:15 PM
    Plantronics Voyager legend and voyage edge both work on my note 4. You can find them used on eBay at a steep discount.
    06-25-2015 07:17 PM
    Plantronics Voyager legend and voyage edge both work on my note 4. You can find them used on eBay at a steep discount.
    I have been trying to get those exact two headsets to work on my Note 4 without any luck. Updated the firmware on the Edge with no change. Also tried a Samsung EO-MN910 without success. All three pair just fine, but calls break up or drop. Call quality is also an issue. The Edge is the worst of the 3. Neither Verizon or Samsung has had any helpful suggestions short of sending the phone in to Samsung for repair.
    06-25-2015 11:34 PM
    I just found out that the Bluetooth connection problems I was having is that I had "Bluetooth Auto Connect" that stayed on the old version 4.2.2 under KitKat. It did not update with Lollipop 5.0.1. Verizon had me uninstall the Auto Connect. Bluetooth functions; Auto Connect is not needed. When in your car, if it does not automatically connect, check Settings. Under Bluetooth, click on box next to your phone device name. The screen will show paired devices. If paired & not connecting, may need to unpair it (by hitting gear pic to its right) and then pair it up again to initialize. Hope this helps.
    06-27-2015 07:38 PM