Why does my phone self mutes.. I think its possessed!?

tab01234

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
The phone self mutes.... I think its possessed!

I have searched for data and tried without success to fix this, so I am going to have to break down and ask for help.
I have a rooted Note4, n910p.(Sprint) I do not use any of its power saving features, I do not have any profiles set up to ring between certain hours only, I manually mute the phone.
it is only rooted because I have an unlimited data plan and I sometimes use it as a hotspot for the kids on road trips.
I enable the ringer in the morning (I just turn it up) and it works for awhile. But eventually it starts muting itself, it still notifies with vibrations, it just won't ring. All of the notifications are muted, meaning Media, Notifications and System, along with the phone. So I turn it back up, set it down. If I need to make a call I'll check and once again all sound has been muted.
I think it needs an exorcism, or perhaps reloaded. I really have no clue as to what is going on, I don't play games on it (except 8ball pool) My kids don't get to play with it.
Help a brother out please? I am out of ideas!
thanks guys!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The phone self mutes.... I think its possessed!

Try this: Play Music from the speaker phone. Keep it playing in the background. Does the volume start to go down eventually? If so, and you catch it going down, try picking the phone up and hold it volume-buttons down. If it stops decreasing the volume, chances are your phone is not possessed, just has worn buttons that are pressing themselves.

Actually I do think that's the reason, but that 'test' might help figure out for sure.

tab01234

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

that is a most excellent suggestion and I am almost ashamed I didn't start at the hardware layer.....I will try that, but I don't think that is what's wrong. with unlimited data my device has replaced my radio in my van. I blue tooth into the receiver nearly always, I work out of the van so I am in it a lot, and travel a couple of hours at a time some days. I also stream music through wired headphones when I walk the dog, we are gone for a couple of hours at a time some days. As long as it is being used it doesn't mute, I can hear it ringing over the stereo. But thanks SpookDroid. I will put it in the kitchen tonight and let it stream something through its own speakers and see what happens.

Gotta get me a new avatar....

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

that is a most excellent suggestion and I am almost ashamed I didn't start at the hardware layer.....I will try that, but I don't think that is what's wrong. with unlimited data my device has replaced my radio in my van. I blue tooth into the receiver nearly always, I work out of the van so I am in it a lot, and travel a couple of hours at a time some days. I also stream music through wired headphones when I walk the dog, we are gone for a couple of hours at a time some days. As long as it is being used it doesn't mute, I can hear it ringing over the stereo. But thanks SpookDroid. I will put it in the kitchen tonight and let it stream something through its own speakers and see what happens.

Gotta get me a new avatar....
Try changing your ringtone or / and notification sound who knows maybe some of the sound files are corrupt...

Brandon Farrell

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem it seem to silent itself at least one time in a week and it will notify me when it happens with a chime and a vibe i usually catch it and just turn it up its a real neusence

Posted via att note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674