07-27-2015 07:07 AM
44 12
tools
    Defer Defer Defer is what I continue to do (for over a month now)......4.4.4 is just running to smoothly to upgrade and mess that up!
    Wayne Sanders likes this.
    06-29-2015 06:27 PM
    Don't update. The Facebook and camera apps in particular are a mess on Lollipop.
    The UI enhancements are wonderful but if you are a heavy FB user and take tons of pics, don't upgrade.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    06-29-2015 07:30 PM
    Don't update. The Facebook and camera apps in particular are a mess on Lollipop.
    The UI enhancements are wonderful but if you are a heavy FB user and take tons of pics, don't upgrade.

I would say best would be to find another Note with lollipop and have a side by side comparison

Sent from my Note 4
    06-29-2015 07:38 PM
    I would say best would be to find another Note with lollipop and have a side by side comparison

Sent from my Note 4
    Oh no..... Not needed. FB freezes and crashes. Daily. The camera app freezes the instant I take the picture.
    Trust me, it's not something I might miss.

06-29-2015 07:40 PM
    Oh no..... Not needed. FB freezes and crashes. Daily. The camera app freezes the instant I take the picture.
    Trust me, it's not something I might miss.

Then I would say u have a problem with ur phone cos I have not seen one issue with fb and my camera works perfectly fine too.....like I said all aspects are based on once experience with there device and by the sounds of it urs has a bug in the phone or app application

Sent from my Note 4
    06-29-2015 07:45 PM
    Synycalwon: Thanks for that info but if you ever read any of my posts you would know what a techno ***** i am. So I will bring the phone to Verizon and have them do it .Thanks to all.
    06-29-2015 09:02 PM
    I would not update to Lollipop since it's too buggy.
    06-29-2015 09:18 PM
    One more Question: Will switching to Kit Kat eliminate the Huge Lag on this phone ?
    06-29-2015 09:19 PM
    One more Question: Will switching to Kit Kat eliminate the Huge Lag on this phone ?
    What lag ...the only lag I have is going from camera app to photo app but that could be cos I got over 2000 pics on here lol otherwise it's fast and efficient and definitely no lag.
    Question ....what do u consider lag ?

Sent from my Note 4
    06-29-2015 09:23 PM
    Synycalwon: Thanks for that info but if you ever read any of my posts you would know what a techno ***** i am. So I will bring the phone to Verizon and have them do it .Thanks to all.
    LOL!
    Don't know that I would go to a Verizon store asking them to do that. First off, they would never..... And second, don't think anyone there would even know how!
    06-29-2015 10:10 PM
    My meaning of Lag is that even with a signal booster from Verizon it is still very slow.
    06-29-2015 10:35 PM
    My meaning of Lag is that even with a signal booster from Verizon it is still very slow.
    Well that would be the provider problem not the phone ....anything will lag with poor WiFi or data plan .
    Lag is generally based on the UI in the phone how it operates the ability to multy task etc.
    I'm on Fido in Canada get fast LTE ...but works best with my home WiFi at 100 mbps with this it loads pgs faster than u can blink lol

Sent from my Note 4
    06-29-2015 10:41 PM
    Then I would say u have a problem with ur phone cos I have not seen one issue with fb and my camera works perfectly fine too.....like I said all aspects are based on once experience with there device and by the sounds of it urs has a bug in the phone or app application

Sent from my Note 4
    No I don't think so.
    If there were no issues before Lollipop and I haven't added any apps and the only that has changed is Lollipop, then I would say that the issues are related to Lollipop or how Lollipop handles the apps I had before and after the update.

06-30-2015 07:36 AM
    No I don't think so.
    If there were no issues before Lollipop and I haven't added any apps and the only that has changed is Lollipop, then I would say that the issues are related to Lollipop or how Lollipop handles the apps I had before and after the update.

I would suggest than back up phone and do factory reset ...very possible some apps don't like lollipop

Sent from my Note 4
    06-30-2015 07:45 AM
    Also I run Nova pro and woks great with it ...try a different launcher maybe before reset to factory settings.
    Or Hola launcher find that one and Nova work perfect ...apps have no issues

Sent from my Note 4
    06-30-2015 07:50 AM
    To the OP: If you're still running 4.4.4 and you're satisfied with it, I would say wait for the 5.1.1 update. There are still a few issues with 5.0.1 that will, hopefully, be fixed in 5.1.1, which should be available in a couple of months.
    06-30-2015 10:23 AM
    To the OP: If you're still running 4.4.4 and you're satisfied with it, I would say wait for the 5.1.1 update. There are still a few issues with 5.0.1 that will, hopefully, be fixed in 5.1.1, which should be available in a couple of months.
    OK I will wait. Thanks
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-30-2015 07:08 PM
    I would suggest than back up phone and do factory reset ...very possible some apps don't like lollipop

Sent from my Note 4
    Also I run Nova pro and woks great with it ...try a different launcher maybe before reset to factory settings.
    Or Hola launcher find that one and Nova work perfect ...apps have no issues

Sent from my Note 4
    Better yet, don't upgrade at all.

My lesson learned here is to wait a good long time after the update becomes available, and read feedback, before updating. I've gone from LOVING my Note 4 to being very frustrated with it.

And no I'm not keen on launchers. I used them in my Skyrocket and then on my SGIII 3 and honestly I don't enjoy them.

That's just me. Your mileage may vary.

07-27-2015 07:06 AM
    OK I will wait. Thanks
    Smart decision. I wish I had.

GregMargie likes this.
    07-27-2015 07:07 AM
44 12