Should I update to Lollipop?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Depends on who your carrier is. Some carrier updates are horrendous. I have an unlocked one in England and the update is great.

Posted via a kicking Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
DO NOT UPDATE! I updated to lollipop as soon as it came out for the note on tmobile and I can't tell how big of a mistake that was! the performance was lackluster and the battery life went down the drain. specifically, standby time. I could no longer go a fully day without needing to charge my battery. mind you, I'm talking WORK day here, not even 24 hours. all the white was an unbearable strain, especially on an amoled screens since the quality of whites on these screens are still of lower quality than on lcd panels. biggest minor annoyance that actually hindered my everyday use: the clear all button for notifications was moved to the bottom of the screen when you pulled down the notification panel. thus, swiping it back up sometimes resulted in misclicking the clear all button, effectively clearing all of your notifications. that sucked. so I finally downgraded to 4,4,4 and it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. even if it is a bit advanced to do, the benefits over having a stable os make it undoubtedly worthwhile.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 with lollipop and Nova pro and no problem at all get easily 6 hrs on screen and still power left.. Don't understand why ppl complain so much

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Defer Defer Defer is what I continue to do (for over a month now)......4.4.4 is just running to smoothly to upgrade and mess that up!

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't update. The Facebook and camera apps in particular are a mess on Lollipop.
The UI enhancements are wonderful but if you are a heavy FB user and take tons of pics, don't upgrade.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Don't update. The Facebook and camera apps in particular are a mess on Lollipop.
The UI enhancements are wonderful but if you are a heavy FB user and take tons of pics, don't upgrade.

I would say best would be to find another Note with lollipop and have a side by side comparison

Sent from my Note 4

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I would say best would be to find another Note with lollipop and have a side by side comparison

Sent from my Note 4
Oh no..... Not needed. FB freezes and crashes. Daily. The camera app freezes the instant I take the picture.
Trust me, it's not something I might miss.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh no..... Not needed. FB freezes and crashes. Daily. The camera app freezes the instant I take the picture.
Trust me, it's not something I might miss.

Then I would say u have a problem with ur phone cos I have not seen one issue with fb and my camera works perfectly fine too.....like I said all aspects are based on once experience with there device and by the sounds of it urs has a bug in the phone or app application

Sent from my Note 4

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Synycalwon: Thanks for that info but if you ever read any of my posts you would know what a techno ***** i am. So I will bring the phone to Verizon and have them do it .Thanks to all.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
One more Question: Will switching to Kit Kat eliminate the Huge Lag on this phone ?
What lag ...the only lag I have is going from camera app to photo app but that could be cos I got over 2000 pics on here lol otherwise it's fast and efficient and definitely no lag.
Question ....what do u consider lag ?

Sent from my Note 4

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Synycalwon: Thanks for that info but if you ever read any of my posts you would know what a techno ***** i am. So I will bring the phone to Verizon and have them do it .Thanks to all.
LOL!
Don't know that I would go to a Verizon store asking them to do that. First off, they would never..... And second, don't think anyone there would even know how!

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
My meaning of Lag is that even with a signal booster from Verizon it is still very slow.
Well that would be the provider problem not the phone ....anything will lag with poor WiFi or data plan .
Lag is generally based on the UI in the phone how it operates the ability to multy task etc.
I'm on Fido in Canada get fast LTE ...but works best with my home WiFi at 100 mbps with this it loads pgs faster than u can blink lol

Sent from my Note 4

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Then I would say u have a problem with ur phone cos I have not seen one issue with fb and my camera works perfectly fine too.....like I said all aspects are based on once experience with there device and by the sounds of it urs has a bug in the phone or app application

Sent from my Note 4
No I don't think so.
If there were no issues before Lollipop and I haven't added any apps and the only that has changed is Lollipop, then I would say that the issues are related to Lollipop or how Lollipop handles the apps I had before and after the update.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
No I don't think so.
If there were no issues before Lollipop and I haven't added any apps and the only that has changed is Lollipop, then I would say that the issues are related to Lollipop or how Lollipop handles the apps I had before and after the update.

I would suggest than back up phone and do factory reset ...very possible some apps don't like lollipop

Sent from my Note 4

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Also I run Nova pro and woks great with it ...try a different launcher maybe before reset to factory settings.
Or Hola launcher find that one and Nova work perfect ...apps have no issues

Sent from my Note 4