I've been experiencing some issues trying to charge my Note 4 via USB when connected to the PC. What happens is that the phone repeatedly stops then restarts charging the entire time it's connected with a cable. When the charge fails, the phone is still connected to the computer and I'm still able to browse/copy/move files etc, it's just that the charging stops for a little while. If I leave it like this for a little while and the battery level is low, the phone will eventually turn off as the battery runs out.

I don't think the cable(s) (I've used a few) are at fault as if I use the same cables in a wall charger with a USB adapter, the phone will charge fine. Fast charging works without an issue too.

I suppose the problem could be with the computer but there doesn't appear to be any clues in the device manager or event log. If anyone could suggest a fix or something else to check, that would be cool. In the meantime, I will try charging from another computer to see if the same problem persists.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 and Lollipop on the Note 4.
    06-27-2015 09:23 PM
    The output from a computer is way below the output recommended for the Note 4. If you are charging at this low rate and using the phone at the same time as you indicate I am not surprised it is using more energy from the battery than the PC is capable of pushing to the phone battery.
    If your phone doesn't have a charging problem using the phone supplied charger it isn't the phone or the cable or even the PC. The phone simply needs a higher output charger than the PC is designed to provide.
    fizzionx and Nick_1020 like this.
    06-27-2015 09:47 PM
    The power pins on the PC aren't monitored in the event log - if they become disconnected internally it's the same as if you disconnected the phone, it's not an event that gets logged. Since the charging works with the wall charger I would suspect the PC's USB port, not the phone's charging port.
    06-27-2015 10:40 PM