04-17-2016 05:53 PM
48 12
tools
    I don't use it as much as I did on my Note 2 as my most common thing is screen grabs and writing on them. I found this much easier quicker on the Note 2.

Note 4Tified
    06-30-2015 07:46 PM
    Absolutely!!!!! The S Pen and camera are the best parts of this phone!!!! 😊

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-05-2015 10:21 PM
    The S Pen is a pretty awesome tool, but like others I personally haven't managed to incorporate it daily. I know it has quite a lot of functionality just haven't been able to continue to use it. Perhaps I will just force myself to try it for a day or so...
    07-06-2015 01:31 PM
    Love the S Pen is the reason I switched from the S5.

07-06-2015 01:53 PM
    ive had a N2, N3 and now N4, never once used it
    07-06-2015 01:55 PM
    I have had only a trail with this phone...it was the S pen that won it for me...I only gave it up because I have had an iphone 4 for the last 4 years so going to a different phone was rather overwhelming....HOWEVER, i regret that decision and as soon as I can, I am going to get myself one...being a writer I think it will be more beneficial for me
    07-08-2015 10:03 AM
    These are a lot of the features with the spen. The Link Memos To Actions feature is pretty nice also.

http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/16/use...-device-s-pen/
    Neo_ii_Droid and shaleem like this.
    07-08-2015 10:12 AM
    These are a lot of the features with the spen. The Link Memos To Actions feature is pretty nice also.

http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/16/use...-device-s-pen/
    Still learning more each day. Thanks for that link!

Here's another S Pen I just got:

Attached Thumbnails S pen... Do you use it?-s-pen-wacom.jpg  
    07-08-2015 01:15 PM
    Already lost the original white S Pen, so I got two (2) more in white. Can never have enough S Pens!

S pen... Do you use it?-img_0005.jpg
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    07-13-2015 05:22 PM
    I have had my Note 4 for a month. I have never even taken the s pen out, does anybody actually use it? I don't feel the need to use it. To me it's a waste of space.

Yes I do. Whenever I come back home from college I kick back on the couch take out my note 4 whip out the 's pen and start browsing through my social media apps. Air scrolling away loving not having to swipe my finger all over the screen. Such a relaxing tool this pen is.

Makes the browsing experience more enjoyable.

Not to mention that if you're into smartphone photography, spen does wonders while editing the pictures in the phone. Like using vscocam or snapseed is such a fun experience. Cropping cutting toning selecting everything is a joy!

huntnyc likes this.
    07-14-2015 03:54 PM
    I've used the S-pen quite a bit since owning the Note 4

From using it in foreign countries for help navigating in foreign countries to writing down important notes from work....I use the S-pen on a weekly basis. I love using it for notes, passwords, grocery lists, orders, ID numbers...

You need a username and password for EVERY little thing nowadays. And the s-pen helps with that.

I use it for pinpoint accuracy. I appreciate technology trying to predict what my fingers are about to do, but I get sick of having to tap that zoom window, even when the link just got highlighted from the first tap! Seriously, I thought a 5.7 inch screen would not act so tiny.
    For less sensitive solutions, I use a stylus purchased at the dollar store. conductive foam can be abused, especially if you do the math.
    My note 4 came with like 4 tip replacements for the pen... I'm still on the first one. The $1 tree pen, by my experience with older phones, should last at LEAST 18 months.
    Buying a second s-pen, based on the functionalities is absurd.
    10-22-2015 03:10 AM
    Yes, I use it. It's great to write out long texts especially if your going back and forth with a person in a texting chain. Also comes in handy when you put a person on speaker phone and jot down some notes. I use it at meetings at work for note taking. What's great about the pen is that it isn't just a stylus, samsung gives you a whole suite of pen apps. You should try it, you might be surprised.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    toenail_flicker and huntnyc like this.
    10-22-2015 07:49 PM
    I use the S pen very frequently.

I use the screen write feature to clip an image, mark adjustments, comments, etc, and forward it to others in a rapid manner. I use it for regular written notes pretty often when I just need to make a list of things.

There are some better phablets out than the Note series if you're not going to utilize the S pen functionality. The pen is the biggest thing that convinced me to get the Note 4 versus one of the competitive phablets.
    10-24-2015 05:19 AM
    I got the S2 8.0 and it made me realize even more just how much I love and use the sPen. I have one of those fat, chunky styluses for the S2, and it really really, really sucks. I wish it had an sPen every time I use my S2.
    10-24-2015 09:04 PM
    I take a crap load of notes with it in various circumstances. I clip out phone numbers and addresses to save from the internet and I use the scroll feature a lot. At times I use it instead of using my fat finger. When I do something new with it I tend to fumble and it takes more time than it should until I'm familiar with the procedure. And for all you folks that can't find things to use it for, it comes in real handy for pickin yer teeth.

10-25-2015 05:24 PM
    Same as everyone else.
    Main reason I use it is for screenshots. Quickest way for me to do that. Plus it's just cool to use in front of friends and family.

huntnyc likes this.
    10-27-2015 06:44 AM
    I use it for screen shots and excel. On occasion I use it to write notes for work.
    10-27-2015 11:38 PM
    I use two features all the time, the screen write. I'll give you four uses that I use it for.
    1. to draw stupid **** on pictures I took.
    2. To circle, make a pointing arrow to a specific part of a picture I took for easy reference to the receiver.
    3. illustrations, Say you want to add a waterfall to your pool, take a picture of your pool, draw a waterfall to the height and width you want. Use this for any explanation, addition, alteration to your house without beating yourself over the head trying to explain it.
    4. Taking Notes is always faster by pen. Lets say you have no paper, on the phone and the person is trying to read you the address by which you need to send something. You could open a note app and have them slowly give you the address and spelling of the name or you could write down the address in real time.

4.+ The ability of the note program to read your crappy hand writing and put that name, phone number and address into a contact automatically is pretty amazing.
    I wish I could draw cause I would draw a lot if I could.
    11-03-2015 10:34 PM
    I have had my Note 4 for a month. I have never even taken the s pen out, does anybody actually use it? I don't feel the need to use it. To me it's a waste of space.

I am in awe of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4! I had a Pantech for 4 years mainly because I absolutely hate relearning and becoming familiar with all capabilities of a new device. I had to get back up with the times after my old phone would no longer update anything. 5 months of owning my Galaxy Note and still learning all its features. NOW, on to the topic at hand and on a serious note. ... WHY IS IT CALLED S PEN??? I mean it is so capable and needs to be named something a little more fitting.. Samsung should consider changing the name to ......Galaxy Pen. I mean S Pen sounds so simple. Simple Simon, S Pen, Some pen. I didn't even know that the stylus was a selling point for the Note... although I just love the fact that I don't have to germ up my phone....
    "Galaxy Pen"... eh? I am learning so much about my Galaxy Pen. :-D Now doesn't that sound like something you want to look into and learn about.. ;-)
    Alright maybe it wasn't serious but I do think that fits much better. .
    04-16-2016 02:22 PM
    Galaxy Pen wouldn't really fly, that would just give the impression that the S Pen would work with any old Galaxy device - and we all know the Note isn't your typical Galaxy device.

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App
    04-16-2016 10:27 PM
    I've had my Note 4 for 4 months now and not even once did I think of removing the S Pen or using it. Useless gimmick IMO
    I use the s-pen every single day, multiple times a day. Definitely not useless for those of us who purchased the Note series based on its functionality. There are convenient features that come with it if one was to bother to check them all out.

I use the s-pen features for convenience when I have to take down quick notes during a call or in person to refer back to later. I use my s-pen alot for work. It's the single best feature the Note series comes with hence the name.

no advertisements here.
    huntnyc likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:42 AM
    Sometimes, but not really much at all. Like Flossy once said, its better to have something and not use it than to not have it and need it.
    04-17-2016 01:14 PM
    I send 1000+ sms texts/wk; I have large hands and the pen is essential to the volume of texts I send - accuracy, editing, copy/paste, etc.. Because of the pen I will always be using a Note. Currently have a Note4 and just bought another one, new, Verizon, ($299) if this one gives up the ghost.
    04-17-2016 05:53 PM
48 12