07-24-2015 03:03 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    The lag and Bluetooth issues with Lollipop makes me regret getting the devicd
    06-29-2015 09:18 PM
    My note4 was so very fast when I first got it (and it was used) but over just a few months and after the Lolliflop update the lag has really been a pain. Not sure what to do about it.... (it makes matters worse that I accidentally hit the update button for Lolliflop!! And I couldn't stop it from installing)

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-29-2015 10:09 PM
    Is lag that big of an issue on it?
    Only two places that I ever notice lag. One is when tapping the icon to bring up the app switcher. There is about a2-3 second delay before the list comes up depending on how many apps are in the list. The other is after taking a picture, if I want to immediately go to the gallery to view it there is a couple seconds of delay. I think it is making sure the camera is ready to take more pictures as well as writing the picture to memory.
    06-29-2015 10:21 PM
    Yes, the Note 4 is still a great device and if you buy one now, you won't regret it.
    06-29-2015 10:46 PM
    Would probably go with the Note Edge I wanted initially but couldn't wait another month for it back in October last year. But yeh best phone I've had yet and I upgrade every year.
    Believe me note edge is worth the wait. I am now a follower of note edge series.

soldier45 and neoberry99 like this.
    06-30-2015 12:11 AM
    Bought mine 3 days ago, unlocked, UK. Looking good so far. Have the Note 12.2 too

06-30-2015 04:23 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll pick one up for her this weekend, and will keep an eye out for lag lot other issues) the first few days.
    06-30-2015 08:06 AM
    Would probably go with the Note Edge I wanted initially but couldn't wait another month for it back in October last year. But yeh best phone I've had yet and I upgrade every year.
    Same here. Didn't want to wait since I was switching carriers.That'd be the only phone on the market currently I'd choose over my Note4

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    soldier45 and neoberry99 like this.
    06-30-2015 08:42 AM
    I would definitely do it again! In fact, if the upcoming Note 5 doesn't have a removable battery and microSD option, I'll probably keep my Note 4 and go with the OS updates as they come along. So don't allow the upcoming version to deter her from choosing the Note 4. It will still be a great phone a year or so from now. And by that time, maybe LG will upgrade the G4 and fix the few issues it now has.
    gixxerkitten likes this.
    06-30-2015 10:16 AM
    Yeah, still think it's the best phablet to use this year. (thus far..)

I'm skipping any SC810 devices any how, only device I would probably buy this year would be S6 (that ASOP theme is so tempting..) however I'm happy with my current Note 4.

Everything depends on Note 5 to whether or not answer your question if I would buy Note 4 on Q3 2015.
    06-30-2015 10:25 AM
    The best smartphone I have ever owned. Had it since last Oct, and I'm still discovering little fun features.
    06-30-2015 11:12 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll pick one up for her this weekend, and will keep an eye out for lag lot other issues) the first few days.
    Depending on how much data has to be transferred and indexed, and whether it has to index and already used micro SD card the first few days will work the phone hard. Once it is fully settled in your wife will find it to be an incredible tool.
    I would suggest that starting with a new unused micro SD card will go a long way toward not having initial phone issues.
    07-01-2015 08:52 AM
    Depending on how much data has to be transferred and indexed, and whether it has to index and already used micro SD card the first few days will work the phone hard. Once it is fully settled in your wife will find it to be an incredible tool.
    I would suggest that starting with a new unused micro SD card will go a long way toward not having initial phone issues.
    I doubt I'm even going to transfer her sd card from her S4. 32 gb should be enough for her. If not, I'll add it later.
    07-01-2015 12:11 PM
    Yes I would. I went and tried the HTC m9 and LG G4, they don't touch the amount of stuff the Note 4 can do.
    Yes the G4 has a better camera but the auto brightness, touch response issues, and battery are bad.
    HTC M9 battery also isn't great, camera is subpar.
    I went back to my Note 4, camera, spen, display. This thing is a powerhouse, which it having removable battery and micro sd card so I don't see myself interested with the Note 5.
    07-01-2015 02:23 PM
    I doubt I'm even going to transfer her sd card from her S4. 32 gb should be enough for her. If not, I'll add it later.
    If and when you do add an SD card, remember if you use an old card and start having issues try a new card before looking to the phone as the problem.
    07-01-2015 03:58 PM
    There is a "fix" for the app switcher lag. Look it up on YouTube. Theres a few tweaks you can make to make the device snappier, in general. Extremely easy to do, as well.

I just bought my Note 4 a couple weeks ago. I generally like it, I just think Android itself is a little boring. This is my first Android phone. I have a Nexus 7 2013, though.

I do see an occasional hiccup here and there, closing Apps out. I wish we had 5.1.1, already. It made a big difference on my Nexus 7 compared to 5.0.2 and 5.1. Really want Android M for that deep sleep mode, whatever its called...

Love the device, itself, though. Screen is amazing, love 1440p YouTube videos. Battery life is about the same as my Lumia 1520. I can kill it midday, if I had nothing to do at work. Lol. Just browsing and reading Apps. Not even streaming much.

Quick charge is AMAZING. Highly annoyed it was never implemented on Lumia's with the S800 chip...

07-01-2015 04:23 PM
    I would but I would want some sort of discount. Unfortunately there is no discount on full price purchase.
    07-01-2015 07:20 PM
    Absolutely, I LOVE my Note 4!!! If battery, camera & note taking are the main requirements for your wife. ..it's a match made in heaven! The Note 4 excels in each of these areas. I use my SPen 95% of the time with the N4, it's awesome. Not to mention, quick charging & the gorgeous display! If the Note 5 doesn't "blow me away" I'd buy another Note 4 in a heartbeat!

Posted By MY Next Big Thing, The Galaxy Note 4!
    Sammuel1973 and neoberry99 like this.
    07-06-2015 05:33 PM
    Note 5 will have 1 radio so if you are vzw user it will suck utterly
    07-09-2015 12:45 PM
    I would but I would want some sort of discount. Unfortunately there is no discount on full price purchase.
    Not so. Samsung is giving a $200 rebate if you purchase full price before July 26, 2015. But not from Sprint or T-Mobile.
    Samsung offers a $200 online rebate for the Galaxy Note 4 until July 26 | Android Central
    07-09-2015 01:23 PM
    Not so. Samsung is giving a $200 rebate if you purchase full price before July 26, 2015. But not from Sprint or T-Mobile.
    Samsung offers a $200 online rebate for the Galaxy Note 4 until July 26 | Android Central
    We're on AT&T. I ended up buying her one this weekend, before that sale was announced. But she's having problems with Google contacts, randomly not syncing new contacts from her computer, so it may have to go back anyways 😑
    07-09-2015 01:37 PM
    We're on AT&T. I ended up buying her one this weekend, before that sale was announced. But she's having problems with Google contacts, randomly not syncing new contacts from her computer, so it may have to go back anyways
    I would suggest it isn't the phone. Go into Settings>Accounts>Google>Google email address>scan down the list to the Contacts line and see if the sync is on, if the sync was successful last tried.
    Clear the cache and data, remove the account, reinstall the account. These worked for me. Hope it helps.
    07-09-2015 01:42 PM
    I would suggest it isn't the phone. Go into Settings>Accounts>Google>Google email address>scan down the list to the Contacts line and see if the sync is on, if the sync was successful last tried.
    Clear the cache and data, remove the account, reinstall the account. These worked for me. Hope it helps.
    Sync is on. It's just no longer adding new additions when input on the PC, since the initial sync.

I'll try clearing the cache and data tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

While searching the net, I did find some other users who have had random problems with multiple Galaxy phones, so it's obviously not something tied directly to the Note 4 (but may be TouchWiz related).

But as much as she likes the phone, and is willing to live with minor stuff, she isn't going to waste much time on this. Contacts need to work 100% for her.
    07-09-2015 02:55 PM
    After seeing the leaked info about the Note 5, I'm almost definitely keeping my Note 4 for awhile...at least until the next rendition of the LG G4 or G5. Samsung has chosen to combine the S line with the Note line, and it ain't pretty. All the features that we love in the Note line are going away. The Note 4 is a great phone, and will be for another year or so (when the updates stop). So I highly recommend it. The upcoming Note 5...not at all.
    07-09-2015 02:57 PM
    I'm glad they're doing it b/c my Note 4 will retain it's value even more since most people will feel that way

I'll be able to sell it even quicker when the time comes to jump ship to a less polluted phone.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-09-2015 03:29 PM
102 1234 ...