07-24-2015 04:03 PM
102 12345
tools
    Yes I would.
    07-09-2015 04:37 PM
    Sync is on. It's just no longer adding new additions when input on the PC, since the initial sync.

I'll try clearing the cache and data tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

While searching the net, I did find some other users who have had random problems with multiple Galaxy phones, so it's obviously not something tied directly to the Note 4 (but may be TouchWiz related).

But as much as she likes the phone, and is willing to live with minor stuff, she isn't going to waste much time on this. Contacts need to work 100% for her.
    Are you talking about syncing with Microsoft Outlook contacts? I have tried to sync with Outlook contacts for years with every program I could find both free and commercial and not a single one does a proper job for any of the versions of Office I have used.
    07-09-2015 10:55 PM
    Definitely - I love the screen and the stylus. I can't imagine going back to LCD or having a phone with smaller screen or without a stylus. Shame I can't afford OLED TV since my LCD TV has very bad black level in comparison.
    07-10-2015 06:38 AM
    Absolutely! I'm thinking about getting another Note 4 if the Note 5 is going the way of the S6. I have to have an extended battery and a sealed battery just doesn't do it for me. I'd like to have the new Note 4 on standby.
    07-10-2015 08:55 AM
    Are you talking about syncing with Microsoft Outlook contacts? I have tried to sync with Outlook contacts for years with every program I could find both free and commercial and not a single one does a proper job for any of the versions of Office I have used.
    No, I was talking about Google contacts, via Gmail. I got it working, just needed to clear the cache and set up sync again, as a previous poster suggested.
    07-10-2015 09:12 AM
    Yes. The swappable battery wins the day for me. I can usually get through a workday on my battery without plugging in, but not a whole day, so being able to swap batteries as I'm leaving work on those days I can't find a plug during the day is great. S-Pen is a huge productivity tool for me. SD card means I can carry lots of data around when I know I'll be out of data range for a lot of time (pictures, videos, music, etc). Camera is truly first-rate. Love pretty much everything about this phone.

About the only negative I have found is the GPS. Mine seems to struggle to work well. It works adequately - I've even used it to navigate through a few strange places and just learned to look two turns ahead, just in case. It's not bad, but it's clearly the weakest GPS on any phone I have owned.
    07-10-2015 09:56 AM
    Yes. The swappable battery wins the day for me. I can usually get through a workday on my battery without plugging in, but not a whole day, so being able to swap batteries as I'm leaving work on those days I can't find a plug during the day is great. S-Pen is a huge productivity tool for me. SD card means I can carry lots of data around when I know I'll be out of data range for a lot of time (pictures, videos, music, etc). Camera is truly first-rate. Love pretty much everything about this phone.

About the only negative I have found is the GPS.
    In like manner here as natehoy stated. GPS apps/devices is something that I do not use, so that's a non-issue for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-10-2015 10:04 AM
    Yes I would. I think the note 3 and the note 4 will always remain Samsung's best phones. If the note 5 gets deviated from the direction these two went that is.

Even though I think they can still manage to provide expandable memory because phones nowadays are coming with SIM trays with a slot for memory card as well. And if they manage to provide 4000mA of battery and 2 days of battery life then I don't think the removable back is that much necessary.

It's the signature built of the note series I will miss the most.

And I still believe the rumored product is the s6 edge plus or something and not the note 5.

07-10-2015 10:12 AM
    But she does prefer to hand write things instead of typing, as far as notes during the day, so I could definitely see her making use of the s-pen.

So, would you still buy this today, even though it's almost due for replacement? Or have you had too many issues to consider it anymore?
    I know that your wife already bought the Note 4. That's great. I most definitely would buy it again.

RE: handwriting notes...has your wife discovered S Finder yet? If she takes a lot of handwritten notes and has a need to search those notes for some specific word that she wrote, just pull up S Finder, entry your search words, and it can search your handwriting. Just seconds after you write the note, it's searchable. It even searches for text in images.

It's an amazing productivity tool!
    07-10-2015 10:22 AM

About the only negative I have found is the GPS. Mine seems to struggle to work well. It works adequately - I've even used it to navigate through a few strange places and just learned to look two turns ahead, just in case. It's not bad, but it's clearly the weakest GPS on any phone I have owned.
    07-10-2015 12:05 PM
    And if they manage to provide 4000mA of battery and 2 days of battery life then I don't think the removable back is that much necessary.
    If "2 days of battery life" meant 18+ hours of screen-on time and 48+ hours of on-time, and the battery technology was a Lithium compound that was known for high numbers of recharges and tolerance of abuse (LIFEPO4, or similar), then I might consider a non-removable battery with the security of knowing that even after two years, the battery should still have 50% of capacity left and therefore I'd still be rocking it for a solid day without worries.

I don't see a device coming out in the next year that has that sort of revolutionary change in battery consumption. 4000mAh is only 25% more than the current Note 4. With my usage, that means I'd be starting out with a days' use, at most, without having to charge mid-day. After a year of the kind of abuse I put on batteries, especially the ones used in phones which tend not to be abuse-tolerant, I'd have a doorstop by 3PM.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-10-2015 12:26 PM
    In like manner here as natehoy stated. GPS apps/devices is something that I do not use, so that's a non-issue for me.

Are gps issues widespread on the Note 4?
    07-10-2015 01:36 PM
    I don't think so, not widespread, but there are a couple people that have posted about it in other threads.

I've never had an issue with mine on Verizon. Locks on quickly and never loses a connection.
    07-10-2015 01:58 PM
    I'm an Ingress player, and use my Note 4 as a speedometer/tracker on my bicycle. So my GPS runs for at least an hour a day. Often more. I'm more sensitive than the average bear about GPS issues.

Most of the people I have heard who have problems are AT&T customers, so it may be limited to a specific batch or something.

It's not a big enough problem to have me looking elsewhere. It's just annoying.
    07-10-2015 03:40 PM
    After about 5 months of use. I still love my note 4. Even when the software hangs sometimes, or I just get frustrated with it, I always come back to the reasons why I got the phone in the first place. The screen is amazing. 1440p YouTube videos are awesome. Watching any kind of media is great with such a large screen. The camera is outstanding, even if I don't use it that much. The battery life isn't as good as I'd hoped it would be, but it's still miles better than my iPhone 5. Overall, if you're looking for a good all around phone, I'd be hard pressed to find any other phone that is as good.
    07-10-2015 04:25 PM
    If I didn't already have the Note 4 now and was looking to upgrade from my old phone, I would wait for the Note 5 but only if it had a removable battery and a SD card slot. If it did not have these two things it would be the Note 4 or the LG G4.
    07-10-2015 05:03 PM
    Samsung's offer of $200 rebate through my carrier VZ for the Note 4... is quite frankly... NOT ENOUGH discount!

They want me to go through the rebate process and wait eight to ten plus weeks to receive my $200... forget-about-it!

Samsung's numbers are in steep decline and if they were smart and wanted to take positive care of their customer, they'd sell it for $400 direct through VZ or another authorized carrier.

The phone will be one year old Samsung! Plus their rebate process is a joke.

A lot of folks are leaving Samsung and they're not coming back.

Wake up Sammy!
    07-10-2015 05:22 PM
    I don't think so, not widespread, but there are a couple people that have posted about it in other threads.

I've never had an issue with mine on Verizon. Locks on quickly and never loses a connection.
    I tried it a few times soon after I got my SGN.IV just to see if it works in the Emerald City where I work. It did what it was designed for with no issues and signal was strong, no drops whatsoever. Other than that I don't use GPS, I simply disabled/turned it off. That's all.

On the subject of SG.Note.4 being purchased again, a friend of mine loves loves loves his SGN.IV and uses the camera/video/GPS quite extensively. He stated he'll buy another without hesitation. But this morning the GPS somehow failed and kept the map location locked and frozen on screen in which he got lost taking the backroads off WA SR18. He pulled over somewhere to turn his phone off and on and restarted the GPS which kept going into its conniption. After about 20 minutes or so he took out the battery and rebooted his phone. This time the GPS worked.

To me, the GPS is not utterly foolproof.
    07-10-2015 10:39 PM
    I would not buy the note 4 again. Since day one, both Google and Samsung apps constantly stop working, constant auto reboot and lag kills the relationship. Until I get 5.1, I am going back and forth between my note 2 and 4. I sent the phone to Samsung twice and still problems exist. INMHO, they took a great device and ruined my experience with Samsung and Android. I won't do it again. I will use my note 2 till its completely dead.

07-11-2015 01:00 PM
    I would buy the Note 4 again. Since day one, it has been a beast! Will probably use my incredible Note 4 for a long time.
    07-11-2015 01:31 PM
    I am an apple person. I had an iphone 5, I currently have an Iphone 6 plus, I own macbook pros and imacs. I love their solid product line. That being said, I purchased a Note 4 off contract simply for VR about 6 months ago. I've owned plenty of android based phones but never felt satisfied. But purchasing the Note 4, it has been a pleasant experience. I'd say this is definitely the best android based phone on the market now. I'm not talking about specs but from a usability standpoint. The Note 4 feels like an executive phone hands down. It feels premium with looks and operations. I hated it over the last few weeks when it updated to Lollipop because I was having so many wifi connectivity issues but since that has cleared up, it's definitely back to being enjoyable. My Iphone 6 plus is my primary phone but I switched over to the Note 4 since I recently purchased a Moto 360 smartwatch. Going to rock this pair together for a few months then probably switch back to my iphone. But I would say I have the best of both worlds. If any phone is worth getting on the android side, it's the Note 4. All the other phones just look laughable and gimmicky to me.

So all in all, yes, glad I own a Note 4 if I had to own an android based phone. I would definitely buy it again no questions asked.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-11-2015 01:55 PM
    Not so. Samsung is giving a $200 rebate if you purchase full price before July 26, 2015. But not from Sprint or T-Mobile.
    Samsung offers a $200 online rebate for the Galaxy Note 4 until July 26 | Android Central
    You talked me into it!
    07-11-2015 04:42 PM
    You talked me into it!
    They're applying it for T-Mobile as well Ii just purchased one today tto replace my water damaged note edge

07-11-2015 05:59 PM
    They're applying it for T-Mobile as well Ii just purchased one today tto replace my water damaged note edge

Water damaged? Sorry to hear that. Especially for a phone that cost so dang much.

07-12-2015 11:40 AM
    Yes u would definitely buy another note 4. Superb phone.

07-12-2015 11:41 AM
102 12345