07-24-2015 04:03 PM
102 ... 2345
tools
    Water damaged? Sorry to hear that. Especially for a phone that cost so dang much.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah... it was my second replacement in 12 months so assurant dropped me. Can't justify spending nearly another 1000$ on another edge. The fact that samsung just announced this sale was awesome timing.

07-12-2015 12:09 PM
    Don't know

Bluetooth issues losing volume, lag, faulty fingerprint sensor compared to the s6 and ip6. I don't know. Probably get a iphone 6 or m9.

07-12-2015 01:19 PM
    I tried it a few times soon after I got my SGN.IV just to see if it works in the Emerald City where I work. It did what it was designed for with no issues and signal was strong, no drops whatsoever. Other than that I don't use GPS, I simply disabled/turned it off. That's all.

On the subject of SG.Note.4 being purchased again, a friend of mine loves loves loves his SGN.IV and uses the camera/video/GPS quite extensively. He stated he'll buy another without hesitation. But this morning the GPS somehow failed and kept the map location locked and frozen on screen in which he got lost taking the backroads off WA SR18. He pulled over somewhere to turn his phone off and on and restarted the GPS which kept going into its conniption. After about 20 minutes or so he took out the battery and rebooted his phone. This time the GPS worked.

To me, the GPS is not utterly foolproof.
    The GPS, on my note3, has been acting STUPID, after the last couple of updates. Has been flawless, before the maps updates.

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk
    07-12-2015 11:55 PM
    Absolutely. I have used the s6 edge and 2 g4's, and I recently moved back to the note 4.

All phones have their downsides, and for me, the note 4 is the best fit.
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    07-14-2015 12:30 AM
    Absolutely. I have used the s6 edge and 2 g4's, and I recently moved back to the note 4.

All phones have their downsides, and for me, the note 4 is the best fit.
    Touché!
    07-14-2015 01:35 AM
    Started with the Note 2, my first Android Device. That phone was solid. This one is better than that! I think I'm stuck on the note series... So Yes I would get another Note in a heart beat.
    07-14-2015 02:17 AM
    I'm buying my Note 4 today. I was going to hold on to my Note 2 to see what my options were for my next birthday gift. Unfortunately, I dropped my Note 2 this week and the glass is now all spider veined. It still works, but I'm now "forced" to buy the Note 4 today. I cannot wait The only thing keeping me from going out right now is the NASA briefing on Pluto that is on right now. Other than that, nothing is keeping me from my Note 4.
    anon8380037 and Neo_ii_Droid like this.
    07-15-2015 03:42 PM
    ... The only thing keeping me from going out right now is the NASA briefing on Pluto that is on right now. Other than that, nothing is keeping me from my Note 4.
    How is that ol' Pluto dog doing these days. He's got to be close to 85 years old now. :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Would you still buy the Note 4 today?-1437092577983.jpg  
    Cher Barker likes this.
    07-16-2015 08:25 PM
    Went to the AT&T store today to let my wife look for an upgrade to her wore down S4. She is on her phone constantly for work. Her main requirements are great battery life (or a swappable battery due to not having time to plug in during the day), and good camera as she uses it daily for work as well.

We went in specifically looking at the LG g4 and the new S6 Active. After seeing the both, she was leaning towards the Active since she's already familiar with Samsung, and didn't really care for the G4 software. But after seeing the Note 4, she's thinking that's the one she'd prefer. I hadn't even brought it up to her before due to size, and the fact that it's almost time for the new version. But she does prefer to hand write things instead of typing, as far as notes during the day, so I could definitely see her making use of the s-pen.

So, would you still buy this today, even though it's almost due for replacement? Or have you had too many issues to consider it anymore?
    Yes, yes YES!

07-19-2015 06:48 PM
    Probably not. I'm getting sick of the bloated UI and crappy updates. The battery and camera are great but I would go for a Nexus 6 if I could go back in time.

07-20-2015 12:41 PM
    Probably not. I'm getting sick of the bloated UI and crappy updates. The battery and camera are great but I would go for a Nexus 6 if I could go back in time.

I've got a couple of friends who went for the Nexus 6 at the same time I got my Note 4 who might be willing to trade. They are very... unimpressed... with the battery life, especially for a sealed battery that will only get worse.
    07-20-2015 02:01 PM
    I've been to couple of VZW stores to buy note 4 due to samsung rebate however neither had one. Will check again on Friday. I wonder if the rebate has created a shortage?
    07-20-2015 04:46 PM
    I've been to couple of VZW stores to buy note 4 due to samsung rebate however neither had one. Will check again on Friday. I wonder if the rebate has created a shortage?
    If the VZW stores don't have the Note 4 in stock, and assuming that you are already a VZW customer, you can call Customer Service and order one over the phone. I did that a couple of weeks ago and had the phone three days later via FedEx. I couldn't have been happier with the representative I worked with, nor with the process of activating the phone once I had it.

Larry
    07-20-2015 05:08 PM
    Mine as slowed recently too,had it since launch but I'm upgrading next month anyway just not sure I will go with the Note 5 yet. Lack of an SD card is a big deal to me. But having the latest greatest will win the day.
    07-20-2015 05:19 PM
    Nope. Phone was much better on Kit Kat. Once lollipop hit it my Note 4 has sucked. Navigation lag even with developer options at 0. Now I even have lag and freezing in Chrome since the latest Verizon update. Factory reset with only factory loaded apps and the problems come back. Hate to say as the screen and camera are fantastic but I think its time to move on. I want a smartphone to just work and not have to screw with settings or load launchers just to make this high powered device run right.

I've thought about picking up the LG G4 but that forum is littered with phone problems. Maybe I'll just wait and see what Motorola drops on July 28th.
    07-20-2015 05:52 PM
    Despite all the fun I've had with this beast of a phone I still kinda regret not getting the Moto X :/
    07-20-2015 06:30 PM
    Nope. Phone was much better on Kit Kat. Once lollipop hit it my Note 4 has sucked. Navigation lag even with developer options at 0. Now I even have lag and freezing in Chrome since the latest Verizon update. Factory reset with only factory loaded apps and the problems come back. Hate to say as the screen and camera are fantastic but I think its time to move on. I want a smartphone to just work and not have to screw with settings or load launchers just to make this high powered device run right.

I've thought about picking up the LG G4 but that forum is littered with phone problems. Maybe I'll just wait and see what Motorola drops on July 28th.
    Have you thought about downgrading back to Kitkat? There are lots of instructions on how to do it online. Of course I know it depends on your carrier and version and that. I downgraded back to Kitkat months ago and haven't regretted it for a minute. I also liked the fact that I retain my warranty and didn't trip the knox flag either. Something to think about if it's possible for you.

07-20-2015 06:39 PM
    Yes, I would definitely buy the phone again today. I've learned a bit about how to keep performance great and it has paid off. My Note 4 works just as well or better on Android 5 as it did on Android 4.4. This has been a great device.

from mobile
    Jay Sacks likes this.
    07-20-2015 07:51 PM
    Had it since laugh too, good phone overall to be honest, lag is sometimes a issues but nothing too bad. Good battery life doesn't make sense changing for now since I have a extra battery and charger pack and so many cases. Downgrading to walk around with a external battery charger isn't the business. I'll wait till next year to upgrade, money don't grow on trees wanna keep a phone for 2 years now.

07-21-2015 08:57 AM
    I'm not sure what to get. My decision is between the Note 4 and the G4. I'm on Verizon and root is a factor for me. Verizon N4 still doesn't have root and the G4 is almost there. So this alone is holding me back from getting the Note 4. I've gotta have the removable battery and external sd card. I keep going back and forth.
    07-21-2015 09:18 AM
    Despite all the fun I've had with this beast of a phone I still kinda regret not getting the Moto X :/
    I have had both iterations of the Moto X. They were both fantastic phones. Fast updates, quirky and fun features, solid OS builds, very close to vanilla Android.

The 2013 was just too small for my use. I gave it a solid try, but I couldn't make it work. Gave it to a friend who had broken his old Note 2.

The 2014 was much better on the screen space arena, but I use my devices heavily and started noticing that it was struggling to get me through the day battery-wise within a few months, and since it has a sealed battery and a low repairability score on ufixit, I decided I couldn't depend on it for a long-term device. It's currently sitting in a drawer.

Despite my continuing dislike of TouchWiz, and the slow OS updates that are part of the Samsung experience, the Note 4 beats the Moto X series (I include the Nexus 6 in that) in every other way imaginable. If I broke my Note 4 today, I'd use my X 2014 just long enough to get a replacement shipped to me.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-21-2015 12:03 PM
    Yes and Yes, and one more Yes Please. Best phone hands down. She will get used to the size and love the use of the spen.
    07-23-2015 01:29 PM
    I think it's one of the best phone you can buy today still. I'm running the CM12.1 (Cyanogenmod) ROM on mine now, couldn't take the lag on Touchwiz anymore. This phone flies, it's so smooth and great to work on, I would definitely by again but would make sure it's got Snapdragon SoC on it as that enjoy a lot of love from developers.

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F
    07-23-2015 02:05 PM
    I think it's one of the best phone you can buy today still. I'm running the CM12.1 (Cyanogenmod) ROM on mine now, couldn't take the lag on Touchwiz anymore. This phone flies, it's so smooth and great to work on, I would definitely by again but would make sure it's got Snapdragon SoC on it as that enjoy a lot of love from developers.

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F
    I always have trouble with gps in cyanogenmod.
    07-24-2015 10:32 AM
    I have this phone. To me it doesn't matter if the Note5 is being released. Three is always going to be new models released. Its a decent device. I do wish bettery life was better but I deal with it. I have a portable charger. LOL. Also it's a deal breaker for me if no removable battery and can't use SD card.
    She will like the phone.

07-24-2015 02:36 PM
102 ... 2345