07-24-2015 03:03 PM
102 123 ...
tools
    Went to the AT&T store today to let my wife look for an upgrade to her wore down S4. She is on her phone constantly for work. Her main requirements are great battery life (or a swappable battery due to not having time to plug in during the day), and good camera as she uses it daily for work as well.

We went in specifically looking at the LG g4 and the new S6 Active. After seeing the both, she was leaning towards the Active since she's already familiar with Samsung, and didn't really care for the G4 software. But after seeing the Note 4, she's thinking that's the one she'd prefer. I hadn't even brought it up to her before due to size, and the fact that it's almost time for the new version. But she does prefer to hand write things instead of typing, as far as notes during the day, so I could definitely see her making use of the s-pen.

So, would you still buy this today, even though it's almost due for replacement? Or have you had too many issues to consider it anymore?
    06-28-2015 10:09 AM
    I am back on the Note 4 after a month with the S6. Still an amazing phone in every way ☺
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    06-28-2015 10:25 AM
    I would definitely. The screen has been fantastic, the battery life for what I do phenomenal (off charger at 6am, usually have about 40% at 9pm when I head to bed), the camera has been great for my use and the pen is the clincher. My only complaint with this phone has been the bluetooth skips when listening to music. You can find a long thread about that in this forum.
    06-28-2015 10:25 AM
    Yes, without thinking twice!

We have both my Note 4 and a S6 at home, and having had the Note 4 since launch and had S6 for a week to play with, I find myself liking my Note 4 even more.

The Note 4's display is not just huge but it is stunning to look at and a pleasure to use on a daily basis, I watch quite a lot of series on it and thoroughly enjoy web browsing on it as I am right now.

The battery life is amazing, I take it off charge at around 7:30am and by the time I get to bed at around 10pm its around 25-30% left, and thats with it on and off WiFi throughout the day, running my work Gmail, personal Gmail and Outlook accounts. Web browsing on and off with Chrome and Opera Mini, WhatsApp with multiple groups, 10-15min voice calls, FB, Twitter and Instagram browsing and posting, and playing music for around 20mins.

The Camera still amongst the best, falling behind only the S6.

Build quality top notch, dropped mine many times on tiles and still looks good.

The SPen is the cherry on top, being able to take a quick note or 2, grabbing parts of images in no time, and selecting items with great accuracy be it text or image and text, it is just brilliant.

I'm loving it.
    MamaKitty and Sergiusz Jasper like this.
    06-28-2015 11:35 AM
    For sure it's running great I can somewhat read small pdf files on it and love the s pen.

To me is the best phablet
    06-28-2015 11:42 AM
    You might want to think about getting a used Samsung s4 on Swappa for less than $200. It will do everything you stated that you need.
    06-28-2015 11:58 AM
    I would definitely purchase the Note 4 again even today. As a matter of fact if the Note 5 isn't up to what I want I will purchase a second Note 4 to provide a spare for a few extra years of use.
    Tatt2014 and mimi2005 like this.
    06-28-2015 12:01 PM
    I have two Note 4's. A white and a black. I use my S-Pen like crazy. The only thing I'm considering is selling the black for a S5 to take with me to work and drill because the Note 4 doesn't fit in my pocket for either of the mentioned.
    06-28-2015 12:23 PM
    Oh. And my reasoning for the S5 is the expandable storage. I'm anti-Cloud.
    gixxerkitten and Carrtman like this.
    06-28-2015 12:25 PM
    This phone far exceeds my expectations of what a smartphone can do. Yes, I would get another one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    06-28-2015 04:29 PM
    Sounds like so far, most are happy with theirs. That's good to hear!
    06-28-2015 04:38 PM
    I love my note 4 and I wouldn't trade it for anything. the battery life even after installing lollipop update is Awesome (thank god)I hear that the Note 5 will not have a removable battery or SD card slot. I hope it does but won't known for sure till who knows when.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-28-2015 04:40 PM
    After almost 3 months of using the SGN.IV, I definitely would not hesitate purchasing another one. So far so good and I haven't experience any catastrophic errors/failures/glitches. In my sphere, the SGN.IV is "perfect" for what it was designed and built for. Then again, Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.
    06-28-2015 04:43 PM
    Absolutely! I've not had one single issue with my Note 4. I think that it is a great phone.
    06-28-2015 06:37 PM
    If she uses her phone a lot for work, she will love the Note 4.

I'm just not all that impressed with the Galaxy S line. My daughter has a S4 and I had the S5 before my Note. I've played around with the S6 and it doesnt seem all that different than the S5, which I found to be underwhelming. Solid phones, but horribly lacking in comparison to the Note series.

06-28-2015 09:18 PM
    Yes but the only thing that's bothered me was the camera now takes a while to come up with the lollipop update. Like 4 seconds slower than touch Wiz. If you need a quick shot sometimes you're screwed.

06-29-2015 06:45 AM
    i rather despise this phone... really want my Nokia Lumia 1520 back, but no amount of arguing would get the store to swap it back less than 12 hours later...

screen is smaller... , ugly plain icons and then there are all the apps i do not want and can't uninstall... yes, i've learned to disable/hide them... ;~)

sadly, i needed something besides windowsphone for access to work apps that will never make their way into windowsphone app store...

still mourning loss of my 1520...
    06-29-2015 08:45 AM
    got my first Android device (Note 4) moving from Apple. I would still buy a Note 4 over and over. Its has small quirks, (so did Apple) But its a great phone and I love it. With the rumors that the Note 5 might have no SD card now. This is a good choice..
    06-29-2015 09:02 AM
    Yes i would. But i really hope they give this thing an update to help with the lag. Like that update to the tab-S.That really fixed that device hope the note gets some of that love
    06-29-2015 01:32 PM
    Would probably go with the Note Edge I wanted initially but couldn't wait another month for it back in October last year. But yeh best phone I've had yet and I upgrade every year.
    06-29-2015 02:01 PM
    Yes i would. But i really hope they give this thing an update to help with the lag. Like that update to the tab-S.That really fixed that device hope the note gets some of that love
    Is lag that big of an issue on it?
    06-29-2015 04:06 PM
    If it wasn't for the carrier, Sprint, I would purchase the note 4 again. I'm simply waiting on the note 5 specs to decide if I want to jump carriers with it or get the note 5 or something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk
    06-29-2015 04:44 PM
    Is lag that big of an issue on it?
    For me it wasn't at first but now it's getting to be a headache at specific times. I want to factory reset but I figured I'd wait for the 5.1.1 update to come out first. I might say "screw it" and just factory reset it anyway to see if it helps. There's some things that are overly annoying like the 4-5 second lag when trying to review pics when opened from the lockscreen shortcut to the 1-2 second lag when hitting the home button, opened apps, and opening my folders since I don't use individual icons.

Not to hijack this thread, but while it's on my mind, what do you guys use to back up SMS messages and call logs prior to phone wiping? Free apps since I'm cheap lol.
    06-29-2015 08:47 PM
    I'm actually probably going to sell this phone once I see the new Moto X or Nexus if LG's camera is good. It'll never be as good as this camera but vanilla Android and a good camera > bloated software and an amazing camera.
    06-29-2015 08:48 PM
    Mookie, I moved onto an LG4 this week because of the Note 4's lag. Loved the size, hated the stutter and lag. Had since launch.

06-29-2015 09:07 PM
102 123 ...